Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

The problem for Everton is they are essentially a team of absolute donkeys.

Theres not one player who is a "regular" for them who isnt an absolute donkey. The Allan and Doucoure midfield partnership is a donkeyfest. Striking options In Calvert Lewin and Rondon are two donkey options. Relying on Gray (who IS terrible, end of discussion) and Andros Townsend for creativity. Terrible fullbacks.

Only Richarlison is half decent and his attitude stinks.

The whole side is absolutely terrible.

When you put it like that, they’ll definitely beat us.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

I would rather have Sean Dyche or Roy Hodgson for a relegation fight than Lampard or some American bloke. 

Get rid of Rafa and bring in Hodgson? Not sure how happy the Everton fans would be with copying Liverpool of 10yrs ago!

4 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

I would rather have Sean Dyche or Roy Hodgson for a relegation fight than Lampard or some American bloke. 

Like Marsch being American matters.  English football fans give no quarter to any group when it comes to unearned arrogance.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure why you'd laugh at that. 

Imagine the reaction in here if someone posted a link to opposition fans joking about injuring one of our players for months. 

Especially if we were in a relegation scrap. 

To be fair, the way Roberts is rated by Leeds fans, I don’t think they’ll be particularly bothered at all.

Obviously this isn’t something to laugh at, but he is not rated at all by most Leeds fans. 

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If it was the only way to entice him to sign, then it was still great business by the club.  90% of footballers sign for money, not love.  We had just survived by the skin of our teeth of course players had reservations about signing for us. He most likely wanted a nice get out clause in-case things went wrong... it just happened to give him the option to go somewhere he could win the champions league. 

A deal proposed by someones agent is hardly a reason to have any ill-feelings towards a title winner IMO

I'm not questioning the dealings by the club, I'm questioning his attitude towards it when he signed. He'd played one season the Ligue 1 after being promoted with Caen, a move to the Premier league with any team was a step up and he should have been happy we came in for him. If things went wrong, he would have been part of that, if he played well he would have been snapped up. If he didn't play well than a £32m release clause is pointless. 

And who said it was ill feeling? I just don't see why he's held in such high regard for his behaviour over others. The only reason he didn't get chance to throw a tantrum like Mahrez is as I said he was out the door before he walked through it. Every player signs knowing they'll either be moved on, or another club will bid for them at some point. Most players sign happy that they are at the club they are signing for until one of those two things happens. And most release clause are set high, not at half the players value.

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Everton still 10/3 to go down.

Kicking myself for not taking them at 13/2 a few weeks ago.

Burnley still 4/5, but I see them getting out of it. They'll scrap and have the manager with the know how.

Dyche just seems to pull a decent run out of the bag every year.

Whilst it isn't nice for anyone to have to go, 3 must. I see Everton slipping. Much like the big stories when Forest, Villa and Newcastle went.

It would be much bigger than Forest, Villa, Newcastle going. I may be wrong but Everton and Arsenal are the only clubs never to fall out of the top flight. 

8 hours ago, filbertway said:

Tbf I cant imagine any Leeds fan is too distraught at losing him.

That was really poor by the manager to leave him on with an injury like that.

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

To be fair, the way Roberts is rated by Leeds fans, I don’t think they’ll be particularly bothered at all.

Obviously this isn’t something to laugh at, but he is not rated at all by most Leeds fans. 

He's a completely league one footballer but I'm not entirely sure that's the point I was making. 

It's just a dick thing to be laughing at. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

It would be much bigger than Forest, Villa, Newcastle going. I may be wrong but Everton and Arsenal are the only clubs never to fall out of the top flight. 

Everton dropped down for a few seasons in the 1950s and 1920s I think but yeah they’ve had only 5 or 6 seasons outside the top flight despite being league founders.

Its why I couldn’t understand people saying we were in a relegation battle though. Had people watched the likes of Leeds Everton and Brentford play recently? They weren’t going on winning run anytime soon. Much less all 3 of them.

Edited by Sampson

56 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I think that they’ve been in the top flight longer than any other club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not questioning the dealings by the club, I'm questioning his attitude towards it when he signed. He'd played one season the Ligue 1 after being promoted with Caen, a move to the Premier league with any team was a step up and he should have been happy we came in for him. If things went wrong, he would have been part of that, if he played well he would have been snapped up. If he didn't play well than a £32m release clause is pointless. 

And who said it was ill feeling? I just don't see why he's held in such high regard for his behaviour over others. The only reason he didn't get chance to throw a tantrum like Mahrez is as I said he was out the door before he walked through it. Every player signs knowing they'll either be moved on, or another club will bid for them at some point. Most players sign happy that they are at the club they are signing for until one of those two things happens. And most release clause are set high, not at half the players value.

He didn’t have a £32m release clause, it was £20m wasn’t it? 

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

There were one or two here who thought we should sign Dele Ali.....plz come forward name and shame 🤣

I could have seen that.  He would have fit the Congerton/Rodgers 'silver medallist' brief.

Never sign a player on the way down.  Unless his name is Esteban.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Kante's value at the time was £5.6m.  That's what we paid for him.

27 minutes ago, murphy said:

Kante's value at the time was £5.6m.  That's what we paid for him.

Thats not really how valuations work though..... If no one puts a bid in for Fofana lets say, and then someone bids a quid, hes not worth a quid because thats the "going rate".

Mbappe's value wont become £0 when his contract ends. Someone will sign him of course, but it doesnt mean hes worthless.

7 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Like Marsch being American matters.  English football fans give no quarter to any group when it comes to unearned arrogance.

There are no Americans who have the experience of keeping Premier League teams up - I would say the same about other nationalities.

4 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Everton would be a shock, due to the fact this is probably the first relegation scrap they have been in for a while. When Forest, Villa and Newcastle the seasons leading their relegation they were struggling so there was no big shock. 

13 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Think it all kind of went wrong when they harshly sacked Martinez, they brought in Koeman who overspent on bang average players and there still paying for that. Since then they have chopped and changed with terrible list of managers. If Everton went down I wouldn't be confident to say they'd bounce straight back up.

There was nothing harsh about that sacking. They were an absolute shambles towards the end of his tenure. In fact in the three seasons after he had left they finished 7th, 8th, 8th.

5 hours ago, Gazza M said:

Forest is a bit different to Villa and Newcastle.

Forest going down was a probably on par with Blackburn going down (and thats harsh on Blackburn who won tbe league a few seasons previous).

Villa, Leeds and Newcastle were massive ones at the time though they all deserved to go down so Everton might possibly be in that bracket, maybe even bigger given their longevity in the top flight.

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Forest is a bit different to Villa and Newcastle.

Forest going down was a probably on par with Blackburn going down (and thats harsh on Blackburn who won tbe league a few seasons previous).

Villa, Leeds and Newcastle were massive ones at the time though they all deserved to go down so Everton might possibly be in that bracket, maybe even bigger given their longevity in the top flight.

Yeah, exactly. Since when did Forest become a club who were pulling in 40k? Lucky if they get 30k most weeks