Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

12 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

If we were in danger of going down I know that I would much rather have Sean Dyche or Roy Hodgson managing us than Frank Lampard.

Yes, it's horses for courses isn't it. In Everton's situation I'd rather have big Sam or Tony Pulis than Frank. 

Still think Burnley will go down, but it'd be another great achievement from them if they managed to stay up.

Reckon Dyche's tactics are old-fashioned, and they quite regret selling Chris Wood with his experience (even though, of course, he probably left for financial benefits).

Edited by Wymsey

27 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Still think Burnley will go down, but it'd be another great achievement from them if they managed to stay up.

Reckon Dyche's tactics are old-fashioned, and they quite regret selling Chris Wood with his experience (even though, of course, he probably left for financial benefits).

Wood had a release clause, so nothing to regret.....

34 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I'm finding it really hard to call. Everton's games in hand on Leeds and Burnley are crucial, but if they fail to win either of their next two games (Wolves and Newcastle at home) they could be in huge trouble! 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Forest is a bit different to Villa and Newcastle.

Forest going down was a probably on par with Blackburn going down (and thats harsh on Blackburn who won tbe league a few seasons previous).

Villa, Leeds and Newcastle were massive ones at the time though they all deserved to go down so Everton might possibly be in that bracket, maybe even bigger given their longevity in the top flight.

I don't think they will but Everton surely would be up shit creek if they went down, given their consistently daft spending and the stadium plans.

7 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not questioning the dealings by the club, I'm questioning his attitude towards it when he signed. He'd played one season the Ligue 1 after being promoted with Caen, a move to the Premier league with any team was a step up and he should have been happy we came in for him. If things went wrong, he would have been part of that, if he played well he would have been snapped up. If he didn't play well than a £32m release clause is pointless. 

And who said it was ill feeling? I just don't see why he's held in such high regard for his behaviour over others. The only reason he didn't get chance to throw a tantrum like Mahrez is as I said he was out the door before he walked through it. Every player signs knowing they'll either be moved on, or another club will bid for them at some point. Most players sign happy that they are at the club they are signing for until one of those two things happens. And most release clause are set high, not at half the players value.

I think it takes a lot to dislike any of our title winners. I can’t say I dislike Mahrez, he feels more like a family member who’s a bit of a n*b. 

He was just very ungrateful in his attitude and seems to only say negative things whenever he is asked about us. It doesn’t tarnish what they did here, it was just disappointing as I’m sure we’d atikk love to be sat here routing for the guy

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

I want Burnley to stay up, just show it sends a clear message that you don't need big money to able to compete and stay in the premier league. Plus again it's nice to keep a traditional northern club in the top flight, tad too many london clubs for my liking. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I think it takes a lot to dislike any of our title winners. I can’t say I dislike Mahrez, he feels more like a family member who’s a bit of a n*b. 

He was just very ungrateful in his attitude and seems to only say negative things whenever he is asked about us. It doesn’t tarnish what they did here, it was just disappointing as I’m sure we’d atikk love to be sat here routing for the guy

Who said anything about disliking anyone? I just commented on how Kante is held up as some Saint and Mahrez as some childish dick. Neither really treated the club with respect in the way the engineered their departures.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

There are no Americans who have the experience of keeping Premier League teams up - I would say the same about other nationalities.

Even if that were true it would still be completely irrelevant, and it’s not even true (David Wagner).

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Not such a good achievement when you have cashed millions of PL money year on year and never show any progression 

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Even if that were true it would still be completely irrelevant, and it’s not even true (David Wagner).

I think problem is a lot of American coaches, work in the MLS can be successful in that league but once they leave it and test themselves abroad they find out. When they come to europe they certainly realise how weak the MLS is, it's probably same level as the National League North. There's a lot more games and much more faster paced. Wagner being an exception has he worked in Germany for most of his career. Perhaps that's what a lot more American coaches must do, instead of going to straight from MLS to a major league europe. Perhaps work their way in as an assistant and coach in a european side and develop that way. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think problem is a lot of American coaches, work in the MLS can be successful in that league but once they leave it and test themselves abroad they find out. When they come to europe they certainly realise how weak the MLS is, it's probably same level as the National League North. There's a lot more games and much more faster paced. Wagner being an exception has he worked in Germany for most of his career. Perhaps that's what a lot more American coaches must do, instead of going to straight from MLS to a major league europe. Perhaps work their way in as an assistant and coach in a european side and develop that way. 

That’s exactly what Jesse Marsch has done. He assisted at Leipzig for a year, did two years at Salzburg and then went back to Leipzig. 

Bob Bradley was very similar too - he managed in Norway and France before joining Swansea 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Rashford rumoured to be considering his future at Man U. Personally think they'll get a new manager in who will try get him back on side, but if he has his heart set on a move, where do we think he'll go? Would be a big downgrade for them, but PSG linked before, so maybe he goes there as an Mbappe replacement? Maybe Chelsea if Pulisic or Lukaku go, as has been rumours surrounding those two.

HAHA got to say this made me laugh out loud! Rashford as a Mbappe replacement - if I was a PSG fan and I read that I'd be :protest:

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

HAHA got to say this made me laugh out loud! Rashford as a Mbappe replacement - if I was a PSG fan and I read that I'd be :protest:

To be fair though Poch has a good record in getting the best out of English players so may not all be that bad, getting the best out of Rashford would do wonders for England. Needs away from United, the club is so negative at the moment. 

1 hour ago, FOXSE said:

Wood had a release clause, so nothing to regret.....

Was it the same clause as Vestergaard, because that was a real rip snorter and congratulations to the agent who created that.

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

To be fair though Poch has a good record in getting the best out of English players so may not all be that bad, getting the best out of Rashford would do wonders for England. Needs away from United, the club is so negative at the moment. 

I agree with he needs away from United as they are a shite club to be at, but cannot even talk about Rashford and Mbappe in the same breath in my opinion. Miles apart and no matter how much work Poch does with him, he won't be good enough

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not such a good achievement when you have cashed millions of PL money year on year and never show any progression 

Exactly. They spend very little every year, if anything. I think this year the Wood sale covered the Cornet and Weghorst signings. That would be acceptable if funds were being put into a state of the art training ground or brand spanking new stadium, but it isn't. They pocket millions of Premier League money every year, and don't invest in the team or infrastructure.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

What a year for Everton it's been.

Their record signing [redacted] is arrested on suspicion of [redacted], they suspend him and nothing has been heard about the situation since. It's not even clear if they're still paying him as his contract runs out in June this year.

The world class manager they strived so hard to get left for Real Madrid, leaving behind the worst win rate of his career in 25 years.

They're linked with about 30 managers to replace him with and stand idly by as they get hired one by one, spending a week negotiating with Nuno only for him to be rejected because he had too many staff. 

They're also linked with the much hated Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard who the fans vocally reject.

They manage to lose their city's UNESCO World Heritage status because of the stadium they're building.

Then they're linked with the much hated Liverpool legend Rafa Benitez, who still lives in the area. Disgruntled fans go as far as putting a threatening message on a bed sheet outside his house.

The ****er signs for them anyway and proves them all wrong by winning 4 out of their first 6. The spite settles in though and they go on to lose 9 out of the next 13 games, just one win and only six points above the relegation zone.

Then they bring in Frank Lampard whose only managerial experience is leading Derby to failure at Wembley and doing reasonably well at unreasonable club Chelsea, who has lost 4 out of 5 games leaving them just one point above the relegation zone.

Then Russia invades Ukraine and everyone rallies around Vitaliy Mykolenko because of what is happening in their homeland, but they also have to cut ties with their financial backer Usmanov leaving them with a major financial black hole to plug.

Please, please, please go down.

Good post, but the fact theres no mention of their star player being Dimi is very disappointing 😂

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Exactly. They spend very little every year, if anything. I think this year the Wood sale covered the Cornet and Weghorst signings. That would be acceptable if funds were being put into a state of the art training ground or brand spanking new stadium, but it isn't. They pocket millions of Premier League money every year, and don't invest in the team or infrastructure.

The takeover of Burnley last year hasn’t gone exactly to plan either, new owners had only apparently put £15 million in and used a loan and Burnley’s own bank balance to pay part payment to the previous owners, they have deferred their latest payment to the previous owners but won’t declare why they need to

2017, Allardyce got Everton to finish 8th which wasn't good enough for the Everton Board or fans. 

Since then they have had Marco Silva (8th), Carlo Ancelotti, (12th, 10th) Rafael Benítez and now Lampard.

They have spent 500m to achieve 8th, 12th and 10th. :appl:

• Haha 4