Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Good post, but the fact theres no mention of their star player being Dimi is very disappointing 😂

Should have done a line like this "Instead of paying MILLIONS for other club's cast offs they instead get them at a knocked down price or even free, with Townsend and Gray having better output than Iwobi and Walcott over the last few years. They then return to their old strategy by constructing an utterly absurd deal for Dele Alli, paying absolutely nothing for him until his 20th match, then paying £10m and rising up to £40m in add-ons incase he helps them win their first trophy in 27 years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

The problem for Everton is they are essentially a team of absolute donkeys.

Theres not one player who is a "regular" for them who isnt an absolute donkey. The Allan and Doucoure midfield partnership is a donkeyfest. Striking options In Calvert Lewin and Rondon are two donkey options. Relying on Gray (who IS terrible, end of discussion) and Andros Townsend for creativity. Terrible fullbacks.

Only Richarlison is half decent and his attitude stinks.

The whole side is absolutely terrible.

"Essentially a team of absolute donkeys", led by an ass?!!

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Was it the same clause as Vestergaard, because that was a real rip snorter and congratulations to the agent who created that.

What clause did vestegaard have? Just though he was entering last year of contract so they took the offer... rather that release clause activated.

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Should have done a line like this "Instead of paying MILLIONS for other club's cast offs they instead get them at a knocked down price or even free, with Townsend and Gray having better output than Iwobi and Walcott over the last few years. They then return to their old strategy by constructing an utterly absurd deal for Dele Alli, paying absolutely nothing for him until his 20th match, then paying £10m and rising up to £40m in add-ons incase he helps them win their first trophy in 27 years.

Also with the Dele Alli deal is as you say money becomes payable after 20 matches, but he so short of match practice and confidence that's he's not ready to start yet, so he's chipping away at those 20 games with sub appearances. He's going end up getting to 20 without making any impact.

1 minute ago, Langston said:

My opinion of course but you're a ****ing moron if you want Everton to stay up at the expense of a Burnley / Leeds

I don't mind Leeds staying up as they're a recent addition to the league, but the sooner Burnley is flushed like the turd they are the better. 

And it'd be hilarious to see a club the size of Everton go down. 

Just now, The Bear said:

I don't mind Leeds staying up as they're a recent addition to the league, but the sooner Burnley is flushed like the turd they are the better. 

And it'd be hilarious to see a club the size of Everton go down. 

So you...agree?

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

2017, Allardyce got Everton to finish 8th which wasn't good enough for the Everton Board or fans. 

Since then they have had Marco Silva (8th), Carlo Ancelotti, (12th, 10th) Rafael Benítez and now Lampard.

They have spent 500m to achieve 8th, 12th and 10th. :appl:

I actually don't think the Everton board were particularly unhappy with Allardyce. I think the fans kicking up a big enough fuss got him out. Would they have challenged for Europe if he stayed? Probably not, but he could have easily achieved regular mid-table finishes without spending anywhere near that amount of money. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Anyone going to buy a player on a very short term deal ?

With a week off for Internationals probably not  that many games between now and April 7th though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/GFFN/status/1501147145298141184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1501147145298141184|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1501147145298141184

Victor Moses to look after Rb until Ricardo is fully back. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I actually don't think the Everton board were particularly unhappy with Allardyce. I think the fans kicking up a big enough fuss got him out. Would they have challenged for Europe if he stayed? Probably not, but he could have easily achieved regular mid-table finishes without spending anywhere near that amount of money. 

But they could have stood by him?

11 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

He didn’t have a £32m release clause, it was £20m wasn’t it? 

I believe it was £20m for champions league clubs, chelsea weren’t in the champions league so ended up paying £32m as we’d have lost him for less if we didn’t play ball with chelsea and I think he wanted to join them too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

But they could have stood by him?

The level of unrest that Everton fans had towards him meant that it was pretty much impossible for them to stick with him. I get it to an extent. If you support a supposedly ambitious club, you would be underwhelmed by Allardyce.

I have jokingly suggested him here, but in all seriousness I would only take him if we were in deep trouble. They seemed to absolutely hate him though. One Everton fan tried telling me that he was their worst ever manager. Absolutely ridiculous! He came in and did the job that he was brought in to do. I bet they don't feel that way about him now. One thing is for certain, Allardyce would not have gone to Tottenham last night and played his back four on the halfway line against Kane and Son when they are in serious danger of getting relegated. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

I believe it was £20m for champions league clubs, chelsea weren’t in the champions league so ended up paying £32m as we’d have lost him for less if we didn’t play ball with chelsea and I think he wanted to join them too. 

Didn't Sven bid for him from China and bump the price up by several million for us? 

• Like 1