Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Agree, Levy has tagged ~90% of that for loan repayment, imo. Nuno will be lucky to see £16millions imo.

Bale is not there, Kane won't be. Son is not going to be able to carry them. Factor in that clubs will know Spurs have the money and transfer costs for them are going to see inflation.

• Like 1

Levy won’t get away with not providing that money for transfers ……… he’s on borrowed time from the fanbase ……pocketing the money from Kane leaving would be the last straw ……they’ve taken a whopping govt loan to cover their cashflow issues which they will repay over the next decade …..

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Levy won’t get away with not providing that money for transfers ……… he’s on borrowed time from the fanbase ……pocketing the money from Kane leaving would be the last straw ……they’ve taken a whopping govt loan to cover their cashflow issues which they will repay over the next decade …..

But the pandemic is the perfect excuse for him to come out with some bullshit along the lines of "this will secure the future of Tottenham Hotspur following on from the loss of revenue due to Covid..."

They'll spend some of it, but I suspect not the majority.

Of course the fans will be fuming, but Levy will work his way out of it as usual.

They must be still paying Jose a hefty amount too, maybe Poch too?

Edit...probably why none of their first 10 choice managers would go near them. Kane has been off for months, Spurs wouldn't guarantee the money would be reinvested in the squad.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

First rule when dealing with Levy. Do not underestimate how hard nosed that man can be. He does finances first, fans come somewhere down the list.

Edited by blabyboy
Spelling!

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Not hard to see where the inspiration came from.

SpurScream.JPG.6cf1e8b458b1382899ba86ecb4bda750.JPG

Who says Daniel Levy is out of touch with the fanbase?

Once you see 'The Scream' is actually just a drawing of a spaniel, you'll never be able to unsee it lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

ENGLAND skipper Harry Kane is poised for a £160million move after Spurs chairman Daniel Levy agreed to let him join an English rival.

The Euros hero, 27, is set to join Man City on a record £400,000 a week. 

:nigel:

Not sure I believe that. £160m on a 28 year old prone to major injuries every season? More than double their record signing for someone with 3 years left on his contract? Man City like to pretend they can’t afford such exuberant fees the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea pay. Pep has alluded to it several times. This just seems like paper talk. 

• Like 1

I’ll give Kane some small credit in the Euros, his passing from deeper positions was actually half decent - as for scoring goals he feels like he’s beginning to decline a bit. Make or break move for him although I do feel he’s probably doing it a few years too late now.

Easy for us to say but Vards has always been the better player, Kane couldn’t win a Premier League in a capable side a few years back - Vardy had the mentality to do it with us and then stay the course and continue to win and achieve. Shows a real player to fight and build on that with a club like ours, Kane could never do that and he’s had decent enough teammates. Gotta love this whole attitude of the best players go to the best clubs when reality the best players in the world are the ones who win things at places they were never expected to. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not sure I believe that. £160m on a 28 year old prone to major injuries every season? More than double their record signing for someone with 3 years left on his contract? Man City like to pretend they can’t afford such exuberant fees the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea pay. Pep has alluded to it several times. This just seems like paper talk. 

3/4 years of a golden boot striker. 40m a season. That’s small change for them 

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
5 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I’ll give Kane some small credit in the Euros, his passing from deeper positions was actually half decent - as for scoring goals he feels like he’s beginning to decline a bit. Make or break move for him although I do feel he’s probably doing it a few years too late now.

Easy for us to say but Vards has always been the better player, Kane couldn’t win a Premier League in a capable side a few years back - Vardy had the mentality to do it with us and then stay the course and continue to win and achieve. Shows a real player to fight and build on that with a club like ours, Kane could never do that and he’s had decent enough teammates. Gotta love this whole attitude of the best players go to the best clubs when reality the best players in the world are the ones who win things at places they were never expected to. 

I have no great feelings either way about Harry Kane, but I think blaming him and his mentality for Spurs not winning the league in 2016 is a bit harsh!

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

3/4 years of a golden boot striker. 40m a season. That’s small change for them 

I don't think his point was about them not being able to afford it, more that they'll make a rod for their own back regarding future transfer fees if they pay £160m for Kane - it'll inflate any demands for players they're after down the line. 

Edited by Langston
Spelling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why is it so hard for people on here to accept that Kane is one of the best number 9s in the world? He'll get 20 a season with his eyes closed in that Man City side for the next 4/5 seasons and probably win at least 10 pots in that time. Who's laughing then.

Agree ...and he gets that 20+ after missing quite a few games....

I'm sorry but harry kane is a great player but he's overrated. Not a leader, not a "clutch" player as the Americans say, not someone to put your faith into in the big moments etc. I'd take benzema and lewa 100000 times over kane. 

If it were between kane and vardy in a cup winning match or final I'm taking vardy every single day. Kane doesn't have that it factor. Still great but not all that. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I have no great feelings either way about Harry Kane, but I think blaming him and his mentality for Spurs not winning the league in 2016 is a bit harsh!

I don’t feel I “blamed him” personally mate, outside of Kane there were plenty of other reasons, you’ve just narrowed my words down a bit there. I’ve just put out a fact out there 🤷‍♂️ it’s not just that season, endless seasons, a Champions League Final where Spurs didn’t even turn up (including Kane) he’s been in a leadership role at that club as a lot of strikers are with leading the line - and you can even see examples in their Amazon Prime documentary where he puts blame at his team mates in meetings but doesn’t find a way to lead them outside of shouting a bit in the dressing room. He’s no Sergio Aguero who steps up in the dying seconds and leaves no doubt he’s a winner. Kane’s a decent striker but he’s not a winner, that’s what he needs to work on, if he did I’d happily go he proved me wrong 👍 

42 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Why is it so hard for people on here to accept that Kane is one of the best number 9s in the world? He'll get 20 a season with his eyes closed in that Man City side for the next 4/5 seasons and probably win at least 10 pots in that time. Who's laughing then.

Exactly, at Spurs he is getting 20+ consistently in what a lot of people are now calling an average team. He thrives off good service, imagine what he would get at Man City.

Man City are missing a number 9, Kane would be perfect (in the absence of Haaland). He will score 20-30 goals at Man City comfortably (including 4-5 goals in the games vs us).

Kane looks old and tired and I’ve written the bitch off the past few seasons but still comes up with the goods. I often see a crap player but he scores and scores 😂😂

This season tho is finally the one where he flops!!

10 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Why do so many of our fans have this weird imaginary rivalry with Spurs & Harry Kane? 

I think a lot of it is Vardy despite his proven successes got heavily overlooked for International selection/integration. I still find it ironic that the thing an England side has fundamentally lacked for a few generations now is a strong mentality striker - we’ve had talented ones from Rooney to Owen to Kane - but we’ve not had someone with that winning mentality that say a Suarez has (he’s a dirty man but he’s a winner) - and then we finally did with Vardy and he got overlooked. Some people might not agree but if you think back to the World Cup Semi against Croatia - Vardy instead of Sterling or Kane in that side we’d have made the final, game was setup for it - but because it was off the back of what we’d achieved in the league there were players like Kane who didn’t like Vardy and put personal feeling ahead of doing the right thing to get international success. 

• Like 1