Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Think people are getting their hopes up that'll this'll result in some kind of armageddon for them. There's always a fudge or a workaround. The worst ones always live.

Exactly. There'll find some loophole.

As much as I hate Chelsea's money and how they became successful, I'm not sure I'll be celebrating as much as anyone else (and they used to be the one club I'd happily see go bust). Could easily be us...

On away tickets, Chelski could gift the tickets to the away Club who could then sell with the proceeds going towards the rebuilding of Ukraine once Putin is fooked.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Roman might be tempted to wait it out. I mean 1) the war could end whenever or 2) would he really want to just give is club away for nothing.

I’m not sure that would work . His most recent attempts at citizenship and favourable visa/ leave to remain have been blocked because of what the government have on him before this Ukraine war even started . I would think he’s  beyond redemption now 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The away team buys the tickets from the home team so they get income from selling away tickets.

Yes but how does that sanction Abramovic personally? He doesn't come round every Sunday for an envelope of cash from ticket sales. 

I'm just not sure imposing all this stuff on the club is helping. He's already walked away and is selling. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yes but how does that sanction Abramovic personally? He doesn't come round every Sunday for an envelope of cash from ticket sales. 

I'm just not sure imposing all this stuff on the club is helping. He's already walked away and is selling. 

He can’t sell the club and he can’t make money from the club either… 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Surely it is right that their assets are frozen which stops ticket sales.

You had better hope your Portuguese Oligarch is squeaky clean……

• Haha 1

He is the owner of Chelsea football club. It’s money going into his asset, which he has direct access to and which builds his wealth both directly and can be weighed against other assets and investments to build portfolios and other investments (such as into steel mining which allegedly helps build Russian tanks according to the official reasoning below) and indirectly through giving him soft power and exposure.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah calm down lads this basically means the UK govt can oversee the sale and make sure the profit goes to the Ukraine. 

It also looks good for the govt but the club was being sold anyway. 

The club may have been getting sold but the money won’t be going into his pocket. It isn’t good for Chelsea, but yes they will come through 

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He can’t sell the club and he can’t make money from the club either… 

Stopping him profiting from the club's sale and freezing his assets is fine, but he isn't profiting personally from ticket income. That's all part of the club accounts and will just affect the club and the fans. 

Today’s sanctions against Roman Abramovich and the licence that’s been drawn up for Chelsea does, at the moment, halt any prospect of a sale.

However, the BBC understands that the government is open in the future to considering a licence that would permit the sale of the club, but that would have conditions so that the proceeds would not be able to go to Abramovich.

This is because they think the viability of the club is potentially best served if it is sold

----------

They'll let him sell it but the sales money has to be frozen? Weird as hell. 

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Stopping him profiting from the club's sale and freezing his assets is fine, but he isn't profiting personally from ticket income. That's all part of the club accounts and will just affect the club and the fans. 

The suggestion is that he could still profit.. Freezing assets and any income going into some kind of trust fund may be the solution.

Edited by fox in the sox