Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

14 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I've got a funny feeling he's not a Chelsea fan 

1 minute ago, Langston said:

I don't think somebody with an account containing the name Kinkladze and an avatar of Sergio Aguero is a regular in the Shed End...

1386893578_Screenshot2022-03-10at11_05_11.png.6f5f22180a90976e0049a0f96f43f20b.png

I'm a bit too giddy to have noticed that.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't think somebody with an account containing the name Kinkladze and an avatar of Sergio Aguero is a regular in the Shed End...

A lot of the plastics flip flop between the two clubs depending on who's most likely to win the league!

17 minutes ago, ceredigion said:

In my opinion people should be careful what they wish for. Let's hope that the government of Thailand never does anything that the UK or US governments take strong exception to. Also governments simply expropriating private property isn't something to celebrate.

Our owner's wealth comes from a monopoly on the Duty Free market in Thailand's airports but also mainly due to Thailand's success as a tourism destination. When Vichai bought us he was still only worth around £180m.

Abramovich's extreme wealth came from his acquisition of state owned assets like steel, which he has profited from at the expense of the Russian people, and which the government alleges is being used in Russian weaponry and armour in Ukraine, hence the sanctions. It's dirty money and Chelsea have been used as a laundromat.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Everton looking at a possible points deduction re their financial fair play dealings over the last 3 seasons.  Plus, links to their 

Russian Patriarch where they have had to take down most of their advertising hoardings.

Club is in a real mess plus fighting relegation, I will never moan re how our club is run.

You'll never hear me moaning!😎

Just now, Harboro said:

If he can give it away for free, won’t he just give it to someone who is not sanctioned and will give it back once this is all over?

Even if he sells it to someone he can have non filed legal agreement to achieve this anyway ……eg - buy back clause

Govt now having oversight of any sale makes this more difficult now 

makes you wonder if he has already agreed a sale and that’s why he’s now been sanctioned… guess we’ll find out soon …

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Everton looking at a possible points deduction re their financial fair play dealings over the last 3 seasons.  Plus, links to their 

Russian Patriarch where they have had to take down most of their advertising hoardings.

Club is in a real mess plus fighting relegation, I will never moan re how our club is run.

Apparently Everton reached agreement with PL last year and they will be ok re FFP

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Current mood on the Shed End

65C45134-3E6C-4D2C-A9BF-92A0EA4A5F10.thumb.jpeg.812c495313ecadc2a3ed55cbeaa3ac9d.jpeg

Haaaa - This is the dickhead who was giving it large when Chilwell 'scored' in the final. Pretty sure he wont still look like this, as someone will certainly have rearranged his features!

I'm not really bothered about what Chelski can and can't do. Abramovich has links to Putin and it's high time Russia realises that invading sovereign countries has ramifications.

To my mind they (Russia) deserve all they are getting.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't like saying it but it seems very unfair on chelsea fans. Surely the government can let chelsea operate as normal but just prevent abramovic from accessing any finances.

Not really fair on the Ukrainian people having the sh*t bombed out if them either.

Sorry @Long Eaton Fox but it's a visceral reaction. Football fans come a long long way down the list of importance

• Like 4