Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Current mood on the Shed End

65C45134-3E6C-4D2C-A9BF-92A0EA4A5F10.thumb.jpeg.812c495313ecadc2a3ed55cbeaa3ac9d.jpeg

The geezer in the blue t shirt looks very similar to the match going Chavski fan who lives up the road from me. Really hope it's him as can't stand the bloke. 

In the Abramovich area (19 years), they have won:

5 Premier Leagues

5 FA Cups

3 League Cups

2 Champions Leagues

2 Europa Leagues

1 Super Cup

1 Club World Cup

2 Community Shields

Pretty impressive overall, don't think their fans can have too many complaints if this go south.

Looks like Rudiger won't have his salary increase he was desperate for, he'll start playing s*** now just like he did afew seasons ago.

Chelsea will be in a state of shock now they can't off load their flops like Werner, Kepa, Pulisic, Lukaku and the other flops who can't get a game.

Just loving it....they have to learn to live with what they got and won't be able to buy the latest 70m player from Europe because Daddy's can't give them his credit card anymore cos he's a crook 🤣

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

49 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Don't like saying it but it seems very unfair on chelsea fans. Surely the government can let chelsea operate as normal but just prevent abramovic from accessing any finances.

Everything comes back to fans though. Look at Derby, look at Bury, look at all clubs that have been in admin including us.

It's not fans fault what happens with their club but something needs to be done to prevent it continuing. 

I'm just surprised it's took this long for people to clock on to it.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Fox92 said:

Everything comes back to fans though. Look at Derby, look at Bury, look at all clubs that have been in admin including us.

It's not fans fault what happens with their club but something needs to be done to prevent it continuing. 

Hard to feel sorry for a brain dead bunch who in the middle of a moment for Ukraine decided to chant his name.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hard to feel sorry for a brain dead bunch who in the middle of a moment for Ukraine decided to chant his name.

Agreed. Even the manager had to call it out ffs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Fans have no say. Chelsea fans can't decide who will take over their club now.

My idea (though completely unrealistic) would be to give the fans a vote on who takes over a club, given them all the information (financial, social, legal etc) on the parties involved and they choose who they want in charge. If it then comes back to hit them, so be it, they've had their view.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

Fans have no say. Chelsea fans can't decide who will take over their club now.

My idea (though completely unrealistic) would be to give the fans a vote on who takes over a club, given them all the information (financial, social, legal etc) on the parties involved and they choose who they want in charge. If it then comes back to hit them, so be it, they've had their view.

I'm pretty sure they would vote for whoever is committing the biggest investment in the Club. It's what football fans do . I have friends who support Chelsea who are rational , sane, (stay with me) and in most other areas detest injustice and are massive critics of the Russian assault on Ukraine but are still of the view that poor Roman is being unfairly treated and the club unjustly punished because they fear the money tree will die.

• Like 1

There has to be a way round the away fans thing both at Chelsea and the clubs they play away.

The ticket sales for games at Stamford Bridge being sold by the visiting team and funds going straight into a Ukrainian Relief Fund maybe.

A bit more complicated for the home team to sell tickets to away fans.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I'm pretty sure they would vote for whoever is committing the biggest investment in the Club. It's what football fans do . I have friends who support Chelsea who are rational , sane, (stay with me) and in most other areas detest injustice and are massive critics of the Russian assault on Ukraine but are still of the view that poor Roman is being unfairly treated and the club unjustly punished because they fear the money tree will die.

Rea££y strange that they c£early £ove him for the £ove£y man he is, not a £acky of a murderous gangster tyrant at a££.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Livid said:

There has to be a way round the away fans thing both at Chelsea and the clubs they play away.

The ticket sales for games at Stamford Bridge being sold by the visiting team and funds going straight into a Ukrainian Relief Fund maybe.

A bit more complicated for the home team to sell tickets to away fans.  

It states that no money can be made by Chelsea under the current sanctions put in place by the Government who would have crossed every T and dotted every I, as Abramovich will no doubt have the best lawyers available with his deep pockets !

So not a ticket or Prawn sandwich is able to be sold that could benefit Abramovich’s Pockets otherwise it would contravene any financial sanctions put in place !

Be interesting to see what happens regarding this towards the start of next season with many assets being frozen and siezed from the Oligarch’s !

Theoretically Chelsea could end up being frozen out of further Premier League and European competitions players could see out their contracts or have them bull and voided because of this sanction and walk away from Chelsea?

https://www.skysports.com/share/12562138

Edited by justfoxes

I presume there are lovely people on Twitter who have pointed out to Chelsea fans that their success post Ken bates is down to the finances of RA and these have now been proven to be closely related to his relationship with putin. 

they can’t celebrate all the titles and cups and now complain that the govt have pulled the rug from under their club. 

it’s fanciful to think that the club won’t be sold fairly swiftly - distressed assets always find a home without too much delay …..

Mike Ashley will probably buy it and they can return to their historically rightful position of being a yo-yo club. 

All trophies won during the RA era should have an asterix to record they were won with dirty Russian money. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Looks like Rudiger won't have his salary increase he was desperate for, he'll start playing s*** now just like he did afew seasons ago. 

His contract is up in June so it means he'll probably get an even bigger pay rise thanks to other clubs being able to sign him on a free. 

• Like 1