Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

39 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Just a minor technicality - Crimea IS Ukraine, and a hell of a lot more of a fuss should have been made when it was invaded in 2014.

100% is was an outrage that seemed to not get the deserved reaction.

I'm getting a laugh out of Chelsea's keyboard warrior morons trying and failing to 'ratio' people on Twitter while the entire world laughs at their club's situation. :cool:

Whoever buys Chelsea will want to maintain the level of success they have had since 03 because thats the blueprint for success that’s been set out imo. 

Also, Chelsea had a pretty successful history pre Roman, little bit of a misnomer that they changed overnight. I do acknowledge it though, 19 trophies in 19 years is impressive. 

• Like 2

What a mess and turn of events .

I dislike chelsea fc as much as anyone. Sanctions were the right thing but i do feel for the  fans. Its not their fault who owns the club. Sure they enjoy the successes that came from it all but if this was us i can imagine we would be heart broken right now in terms of not knowing what will become of our club.

Of course in the grander schemes it's more important to stop the war and save lives then worry about a club.  

Im no expert in what is allowed during such sanctions  but will be interesting to see if a sale can be permitted (and RA share held by the govt) or if they just force a sale and he gets eff all?  If this happens  once sanctions are lifted could he take someone to court?

So much to ponder what becomes of them.

Cant be a good feeling for the players morale i imagine would be low.

Chelsea heavy spending days are probably over, the potential buyers linked with yes very wealthy. But not in same market as Man City, Newcastle, Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal or even Villa. Probably their transfer activity in time to come maybe of similar model to us. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Strange ruling ?

Hasn’t got COVID and tested negative today but cannot play .

Sorry SuperHorns, looks like we picked your match to wake up from our recent slump. Worst thing for me is I can't watch as I'm out playing a snooker match (66 break btw ;)

2 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Doubt it now, with what happened today .....money is going to very tight, the last thing they want to do is splash the cash

I meant when another club signs him, the lack of fee means they can give him more money. 

• Like 1