Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

£28m per month is Chelsea's wage bill. 

They'll soon burn through their remaining cash without any ticket sales, player sales or outside funds. 

Real danger of going bust I reckon. Though the PL would probably step in and give them their TV money in advance like they did with Portsmouth a few years ago. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They'll soon burn through their remaining cash without any ticket sales, player sales or outside funds. 

Real danger of going bust I reckon. Though the PL would probably step in and give them their TV money in advance like they did with Portsmouth a few years ago. 

they’re only missing income from 13k ticket sales per home game and ongoing weekly commercial (ie. club shop) 

these hardly touch the sides of that wage bill.  They should have plenty of money in the bank to fund their cashflow. They must have foreseen this happening so shouldn’t have left themselves short by hav8ng cash in the wrong place. 

in any case, there are plenty of buyers out there 

the good thing for the rest of the PL is that the govt will surely want to the sale to be to a transparent European/American ownership rather than Saudi or other Middle Eastern/ Far Eastern group. 

Edited by st albans fox

33 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Dont think they can, NO revenue means just that, PL is not above the ruling just as joe Public buying a match ticket isn't.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Sorry SuperHorns, looks like we picked your match to wake up from our recent slump. Worst thing for me is I can't watch as I'm out playing a snooker match (66 break btw ;)

Sounds like we gifted you 3 goals and the 4th was very good ffrom Neves.

Typical of us.

After a positive game on Sunday we throw in a real stinker.

Must be the players mind set or attitude.

And they probably know it will be the manager who gets blamed. 

• Like 1

How unfair that the Southampton v Newcastle game which was postponed from 1 Jan because Newcastle had COVID issues and played today, that Newcastle where allowed to play players that were purchased after the date game played.

Players like Wood, Burns and their 40m Brazilian star Bruno played today and 2 of them scored.

Newcastle should have played only the players they had on the original date

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

How unfair that the Southampton v Newcastle game which was postponed from 1 Jan because Newcastle had COVID issues and played today, that Newcastle where allowed to play players that were purchased after the date game should have played.

Players like Woods, Burns and their 40m Brazilian star Bruno played today and 2 of them scored.

Newcastle should have played only the players they had on the original date

I thought that after all these years, hearing someone call him woods wouldn’t annoy me any more... but I was wrong lol

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Norwich, Watford and Leeds to drop. 

You spelt Everton wrong.

Absolute free fall and a manager without a clue.

Didn't see Leeds tonight, because I was at our game, but if they play like they did against us, they'll be OK.

I hope Everton away is rearranged for the Wednesday before the season ends and we relegate them.

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I hope Everton away is rearranged for the Wednesday before the season ends and we relegate them.

In the rain :)

KingyRainEv.JPG.0533e41c27e220f870dc2c75c7afd24f.JPG

Standing in for Kingy, Albrighton would do. 

but life wasn't meant to be so delicious?! 

Does this mean any sponsorship payments Chelsea were due tor receive will no longer be forthcoming? A totally dried up incomings column?

How far will this ripple go I wonder, could it could reach Everton and Usmanov/Moshiri? The same Everton who are already in line for FFP points deduction next year and in their current pedicament could pull a full Sunderland

:o

9 hours ago, tom27111 said:

You spelt Everton wrong.

Absolute free fall and a manager without a clue.

Didn't see Leeds tonight, because I was at our game, but if they play like they did against us, they'll be OK.

Just read the report and looks like Villa battered them. Leeds only had 4 shots which was their lowest since 2016 apparently.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just read the report and looks like Villa battered them. Leeds only had 4 shots which was their lowest since 2016 apparently.

Leeds were woeful didn't create anything in the first half and had about five minute period in the second half when they actually did anything spectacular. Villa were all over them and should have been more. Leeds look in serious trouble, cant score, cant defend and cant put together solid attack= going down.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

It feels wrong that Chelsea are still going to win lots of football matches due to their huge spending. I guess Abramovich has not been sanctioned just for being friendly with Putin.

Also asking Chelski fans not to sing Abramovich's name is bonkers, it's akin to asking Leeds to score a goal.

I feel like relegation candidates change week to week.

A week ago I would’ve said Brentford were certainties as they were in even bigger freefall than Leeds and Everton but they had a good win vs Norwich.

The bottom 6 are really poor this year though. You’re likely going to get 3 teams staying up on less than 1 point per game which would relegate them 9 times out of 10.

I certainly think West Brown’s lowest Premier League points total of 35 points to stay up on will be beaten this season.

Massive game for Leeds on Sunday. They lose to Norwich and their fans will turn. I think they are already a bit but will be horrible at Ellend Road even of they go behind. 

Burnley playing the day before could add a lot of pressure on to them to if they beat Brentford. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Chelsea fans really are and always have been some of the most low key scum in the country. 

I read a few years ago that they only have about 17 thousand real fans. The rest at games are corporate sales and people in London for the weekend looking to take in a game.

Don't know how true it is.

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I read a few years ago that they only have about 17 thousand real fans. The rest at games are corporate sales and people in London for the weekend looking to take in a game.

Don't know how true it is.

It's a bit like Manchester United and Arsenal a lot tourists attend the games who have the cash to burn. Hence why the atmosphere is usually crap. Most real loyal Chelsea probably cant afford to go... its turned into a club for the super rich. 

• Like 2