Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I do feel for Tuchel a bit in all this. He has to be the face of this because nobody higher up at Chelsea speaks or takes any brunt. Their board have been silent. 

I'd keep my bloody gob shut too if my boss was a Russian mafioso!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Hankey said:

The change of manager bounce at Leeds as been rather flat. Relegation is now a four horse race!!

Would love to see Everton, Leeds and Newcastle go down. Highly unlikely but would make my day

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I do feel for Tuchel a bit in all this. He has to be the face of this because nobody higher up at Chelsea speaks or takes any brunt. Their board have been silent. 

He has definitely been hung out to dry but he made the decision to take Abramovich’s money (and before that the Qataris’ at PSG). 

That said I think he’s handled it pretty well over the last week or so. The initial reaction (“stop asking me about this”) was all wrong but he’s spoken out against Chelsea fans’ actions since.

1 hour ago, ttfn said:

He has definitely been hung out to dry but he made the decision to take Abramovich’s money (and before that the Qataris’ at PSG). 

That said I think he’s handled it pretty well over the last week or so. The initial reaction (“stop asking me about this”) was all wrong but he’s spoken out against Chelsea fans’ actions since.

He’s handled it spot on imo. The problem is with the whole “well he took the job in the first place” discussion is a few things. Firstly, pretty much all money in clubs of the calibre that he would manage at is bent. Plus historically, Chelsea have been watertight in terms of structure and organisation since Roman came in, so he’d be smart to think he wouldn’t have to deal with such extreme circumstances. 

10 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Some good news for Chelsea - a potential take over back on and being lined up?

https://twitter.com/mjshrimper/status/1502394848866967554?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I haven’t understood all the stress from Chelsea fans over the past 36 hours - a takeover is far easier now that the sale will be even more distressed …….. and whoever buys the club will pay less so have more to invest ….

considering the genuine despair in ukraine, the football chatter over the past day has been pretty ridiculous and at times, unpleasant 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

He’s handled it spot on imo. The problem is with the whole “well he took the job in the first place” discussion is a few things. Firstly, pretty much all money in clubs of the calibre that he would manage at is bent. Plus historically, Chelsea have been watertight in terms of structure and organisation since Roman came in, so he’d be smart to think he wouldn’t have to deal with such extreme circumstances. 

Exactly. Most of our money is too but no one will ever mention that lol 🤫 

5 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Tuchel has quite happily taken jobs at both PSG and Chelsea, both jobs paying a handsome wage but owned by highly questionable regimes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Might want to get a dictionary out pal and look up the meaning of the word "literally."

Because my reply has a lot to do with your original post.

Literally.

My original post was pointing out the fact that Tuchel has had to front up for something that is out of his hands and not his fault. What on earth does that have to do with the fact he decided to take the job at Chelsea and PSG. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

32 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

My original post was pointing out the fact that Tuchel has had to front up for something that is out of his hands and not his fault. What on earth does that have to do with the fact he decided to take the job at Chelsea and PSG. 

Meaning Tuchel has knowingly and willingly entered employment with clubs whose owners reputation as being a) reprehensible human beings and b) associated with reprehensible human beings doing reprehensible things has been extremely public for a very long time; that he now ends up having to answer questions about the consequences of the actions of said owners is something that he really should have anticipated.

It's like a player signing for us in the last 12 months then complaining about getting injured. It's kinda baked in.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Meaning Tuchel has knowingly and willingly entered employment with clubs whose owners reputation as being a) reprehensible human beings and b) associated with reprehensible human beings doing reprehensible things has been extremely public for a very long time; that he now ends up having to answer questions about the consequences of the actions of said owners is something that he really should have anticipated.

It's like a player signing for us in the last 12 months then complaining about getting injured. It's kinda baked in.

I respectfully disagree. It isn’t his job to answer for the actions of the owners. I think the board should be more vocal in dealing with the media firestorm that it seems he is having to fend off on his own. 

Edited by kingkisnorbo

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Say 'reprehensible' again - I dare you, I double dare you...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

How Leicester would it be if this was the season that the team in 5th end up with champions league football 

There are big doubts about this season with Chelsea let alone next!

Uefa are concerned that if they make the semi finals they will be playing with no away fans and the final could see a half empty 80k capacity stade de France.

After Covid its the last thing they want.

Edited by J. James
Oops meant to quote the leicesterpool comment! 😂

Feel this is inevitable 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10604585/Premier-League-Watford-boss-Roy-Hodgson-admits-powerless-prevent-relegation.html#comments-10604585

Never mind the board or players the fans really don’t like him due to his style of football and media personality.

Ranieri was at least liked as a person . 

• Like 3