Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

9 hours ago, trabuch said:

Harry Kane wasn't a Euros hero. He's a failure. Has been for his club and has been for England. He's a werewolf (can't go near silver).

Yes he was a hero. There were games in which he was trying to be the best attacking midfielder as well as the striker.

His goalscoring record is unreal. He's one of the best strikers in the World and the best finisher this Country has had since... Owen perhaps?

The obsession with hating Kane is weird. He's one of my favourite non LCFC players. If he goes Man City he'll hit 30 a season consistently and win everything too.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Yes he was a hero. There were games in which he was trying to be the best attacking midfielder as well as the striker.

His goalscoring record is unreal. He's one of the best strikers in the World and the best finisher this Country has had since... Owen perhaps?

The obsession with hating Kane is weird. He's one of my favourite non LCFC players. If he goes Man City he'll hit 30 a season consistently and win everything too.

I'm sure he'll look more likeable in a Manchester City shirt!

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Do some people still hold his time here against him? Yeah, he wasn't great (he wasn't completely shite either, I will add) but he was only 19 years-old and Pearson and Shakespeare have since spoken what a good attitude he had and what a good trainer he was. The obsession some of our fans have with him is really odd. 

• Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
44 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

If he goes Man City he'll hit 30 a season consistently and win everything too

I do think he’s a really good player.

But you could put anyone up front for Man City and they’d probably score loads and win everything. The rest of the team are so good, even I’d probably score one or two for them, and I’m old and fat, and wasn’t very good at football even when I was young and thin.

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The only annoying thing about Harry Kane is that he kept Vardy out the England team. Wasn’t his fault really, any other country in the world would have gone two up top and played them both together, but we’re England. 

Since Vardy’s been out of the setup I’ve been able to appreciate what a fantastic player Kane truly is, both for Spurs and England, but if anyone’s gonna slap £160m down for a man who’s legs don’t look like the work properly anymore then I’d be a bit concerned as that sort of money could get you 10 years of Haaland. 

They could sign Haaland for the same amount, it must the fact that Haaland's agent is an absolute stain on humanity. Just don't want to deal with him.

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Son is absolutely class. I'm pretty convinced he'll shine for Spurs with or without Kane. He walks into every squad in the league for me.

I really can't stand his behaviour on the pitch. He's pretty much everything I hate in a modern footballer. Petulant, entitled, childish, stroppy and a completely raging cheat. 

But as an actual player he's terrific. To be honest, he's pretty much exactly what we need. Not suggesting for a moment he'd ever be a realistic transfer for us but can you imagine Barnes one side of one of our strikers and Son on the other? Terrifying. That pace and directness. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

I really can't stand his behaviour on the pitch. He's pretty much everything I hate in a modern footballer. Petulant, entitled, childish, stroppy and a completely raging cheat. 

But as an actual player he's terrific. To be honest, he's pretty much exactly what we need. Not suggesting for a moment he'd ever be a realistic transfer for us but can you imagine Barnes one side of one of our strikers and Son on the other? Terrifying. That pace and directness. 

I would argue that Vardy (who I would wager is your favourite all time Leicester player, like he is for so many others) shares many of those traits.

Would love it if we had Son in the same way that I love that Vardy plays for us and not against us.

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Why do so many of our fans have this weird imaginary rivalry with Spurs & Harry Kane? 

Because we haven't really got any rivals as such but our fans imagine we do, even when we won the league, everyone else wanted us to win, apart from spurs and that wasn't necessarilly about us but more the the fact there was a club that stood in the way of them winning something, could have been anyone. Club rivalries always used to be stuff like  forest and derby, coventry and villa, villa and birmingham, spurs and arsenal, liverpool and man u, west ham and millwall, we'd be better off having a run in with the tigers over parking or something.

Harry Kane is world class. Can't believe some people still question him. Unbelievable player who will soon be England all time top score. In fact of his trajectory of goal scoring continues he will go down as one of the greatest English players ever. The guy is phenomenonal. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Kane was top scorer and number one for assists in the PL for an average Spurs side… tells you everything you need 

Not a winner or a leader though. He'll score boat loads for city no doubt but do i really think hell help them win the champions league? No. He shrinks in the biggest moments. He's class but a tier below benzema and lewa imo and halland

Edited by NasPb

57 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

I do think he’s a really good player.

But you could put anyone up front for Man City and they’d probably score loads and win everything. The rest of the team are so good, even I’d probably score one or two for them, and I’m old and fat, and wasn’t very good at football even when I was young and thin.

lol

If anyone can do it then Man City should re-sign  Benjani or Jo. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Not a winner or a leader though. He'll score boat loads for city no doubt but do i really think hell help them win the champions league? No. He shrinks in the biggest moments. He's class but a tier below benzema and lewa imo and halland

A leader? Maybe not. I don't want to say he's not a winner because in truth that doesn't and shouldn't come down entirely to him. If he goes to Man City he will trophies, I have no doubt about that. Would that then make him a winner in your eyes?

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

A leader? Maybe not. I don't want to say he's not a winner because in truth that doesn't and shouldn't come down entirely to him. If he goes to Man City he will trophies, I have no doubt about that. Would that then make him a winner in your eyes?

If I signed for Manchester City I'd win trophies too 😂...

It's doing it in a club like our own is what you call an achievement!!

Would we have won the league title with Kane in the side?...No.

Yes, he'll win things at Manchester City, but that will never compare with Vards achievements with us!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If I signed for Manchester City I'd win trophies too 😂...

It's doing it in a club like our own is what you call an achievement!!

Would we have won the league title with Kane in the side?...No.

Yes, he'll win things at Manchester City, but that will never compare with Vards achievements with us!

Except the fact he scores 20+ consistently for Spurs and you say "he's never won anything". So now if he does win things at another club it becomes "I'd win trophies there too".

Players can't win. People moan about lack of loyalty yet when there is loyalty, and those players might not win much (look at Shearer), people take the piss out not winning much.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

No because even Gary Taylor fletcher would win something with man $hitty. He's won absolutely 0 with Tottenham and that won't change ever 

5 minutes ago, NasPb said:

No because even Gary Taylor fletcher would win something with man $hitty. He's won absolutely 0 with Tottenham and that won't change ever 

The shy doesn't Pep sign Gary Taylor Fletcher then, and save himself £160m? I don't understand this kind of thinking that any striker could bag 30 for Man City. 

He didn't win with Tottenham because Tottenham are ****ing crap. Harry Kane isn't the Head of recruitment. 

Edited by Koke

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

The shy doesn't Pep sign Gary Taylor Fletcher then, and save himself £160m? I don't understand this kind of thinking that any striker could bag 30 for Man City. 

It's not that mate. Never denied he can score loads. Just said he'll never be a winner or a leader in my book. They won't win champions league with him. 

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

It's not that mate. Never denied he can score loads. Just said he'll never be a winner or a leader in my book. They won't win champions league with him. 

Kane isn't the Head of recruitment at Spurs. Not his fault he's playing with donkeys like Lamela and Sissoko. 

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

Kane isn't the Head of recruitment at Spurs. Not his fault he's playing with donkeys like Lamela and Sissoko. 

He's not shown up when it's mattered most though tbf