Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Is the Graham Potter love-in well and truly over?  Have not seen any mention on here of him coming to replace BR for a few weeks now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Is the Graham Potter love-in well and truly over?  Have not seen any mention on here of him coming to replace BR for a few weeks now.

Hopefully. 

They've only scored more than Burnley and Norwich this season. For the amount of praise he gets, I'd have expected more... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If they hadn’t had that great start to the season they’d be well in the relegation dogfight. They’ve been really poor since October time.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sampson said:

If they hadn’t had that great start to the season they’d be well in the relegation dogfight. They’ve been really poor since October time.

They're 14th in the form table for the last 15 games. 

Not quite relegation and we're not much better, but still quite poor and nowhere near good enough to warrant an improvement on Rodgers. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

God of football, Potter looking likely to secure his normal finish, can he hit 41 points this year.

2018/19 17th 36 points 

2019/20 15th 41 points 

2020/21 16th 41 points 

Potters Foxestalk fan club has gone quiet.  

You forgot to mention his 10th place finish in the championship with a strong Swansea squad the season prior to him taking the Brighton job.  

• Like 2

graham potter for all his hippy and hipster plaudits is no where near as audacious and free spirited as a manager. hes an english claude puel, nothing special. nothing terrible either but just bang average. hes got some v good players at his disposal and has done nothing crazy, in fact hes been consistently closer to relegation than to even challenging for europe. a new manager could do better with brighton me thinks. at least top 10. look at vieria at palace, hes much more attack minded and daring. 

ive been critiqued for it, but someone like Dyche is miles and i mean miles better than Potter. Dyche got Burnley to the europa league and probably will keep them up this year. he doesnt advertise himself as an attacking machine, but hes a pragmatic, tactially nouse and well rounded manager. hell even big sam at bolton was better than this wanna be hipster. his style of play is negative and possesion for the sake of possesion. would prefer to have the ball than dig deep and win. 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So that doesn't come under VAR does it?

Not watching the game but i remember Wallington carrying the ball outside the box when punting it up field. 

That linesman waved his flag like a madman for ages till he got the attention of the ref and advised him to give a free kick,

Do the assistants take on responsibility nowadays or leave it to that great VAR in the sky?

24 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Not watching the game but i remember Wallington carrying the ball outside the box when punting it up field. 

That linesman waved his flag like a madman for ages till he got the attention of the ref and advised him to give a free kick,

Do the assistants take on responsibility nowadays or leave it to that great VAR in the sky?

I doubt he could see you'd need to be on the goal line tell if it was out or not, but yeah they do seem to have been told or given up 'helping' the ref even when they do they usually look up to see whether to copy the ref or not.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Personally, I would love Brentford to hammer Burnley. 

Burnley win would push Leeds into the bottom 3 and Brentford closer to the bottom 3.

Burnley win all day.

• Like 1