Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Neville talking about Ronaldo burying that free header from 10 yards like it was a goal of the season contender.

He even likened it to the header he scored for United against Roma about 15 years ago that was incredible. Look it up if you haven’t seen it. 

If that header had been scored by anybody else we’d be talking about poor marking.

I appreciate Ronaldo's desire to go and win it but it really was shocking defending. No attempt by Doherty.

21 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Neville talking about Ronaldo burying that free header from 10 yards like it was a goal of the season contender.

He even likened it to the header he scored for United against Roma about 15 years ago that was incredible. Look it up if you haven’t seen it. 

If that header had been scored by anybody else we’d be talking about poor marking.

Neville said it was like a goal from and old style centre forward and mu son said Ronaldo is an old style centre forward! 😄 

4 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

Why so much hate towards Maguire? i really dont get it

did he something wrong for Leicester? Was good here and brought a lot of money 

I mean he is having not great season but that its

move on 

Annoyed me when he left the club he started posing and posting pictures as though he'd won somesort of prize to go and play there.

Then his brother gets involved on twitter which winds people up.

2 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Neville said it was like a goal from and old style centre forward and mu son said Ronaldo is an old style centre forward! 😄 

Among his many skills Ronaldo is technically very good in the air , though not as good as Shearer or Sheringham. That is one thing Messi can't compare himself to.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Annoyed me when he left the club he started posing and posting pictures as though he'd won somesort of prize to go and play there.

Then his brother gets involved on twitter which winds people up.

Being annoyed by that is your problem not Maguire's 

13 minutes ago, blockheadder said:

I hate that. Totally lacking in class. Whatever you think of Maguire, to me that screams "I'm a complete cVnt" from Romero.

Maguire is a massive **** though so he's not really worth any class or respect

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MPH said:

So how serious is the situation at Chelsea then?.

Are we they really losing several players? And unable to buy?

It does look that way. Even if there isn't a full transfer embargo on them, their coffers will be severely hit with Abramovich no longer funding them. Plus a lot of sponsors - 3 as Shirt sponsor, Nike potentially as kit manufacturers - are backing out. That's a big hole in their finances all of a sudden.

I'm not sure how tenable it will be to halt player trading altogether though, as then it affects players' livelihoods. Perhaps no ins, but quite a few outs?

This all gets sorted if they're bought out, however. It's just the government have seemingly blocked that to prevent Roman getting any money out of it for the time being.

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

If the Spurs player had made the contact, it would have been offside, so how is it not offside because the United player deflected it into his own goal, as the Spurs player made him make the ‘tackle’. 

Bit weird, but don’t really care.

Its the same rule that if Maguire makes contact with the ball but doesn't put it in the net, and Romero taps it in, he no longer offside as Maguire attempted to play the ball. But Maguire only attempted to play the ball as Romero was there, in an offside position. Puts the defender in an impossible situation. You leave it and you risk that you've not spotted a team mate playing the opponent onside. Attempt to play the ball and you risk an OG or making the player onside again.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blockheadder said:

I hate that. Totally lacking in class. Whatever you think of Maguire, to me that screams "I'm a complete cVnt" from Romero.

That reaction from Romero is either because he's a bit of a twat or something has gone on with Maguire earlier in the game.

• Like 1