Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

And that’s why it will never be handed to AI, which is already quite capable of adjudicating on issues VAR is deemed to handle

Yeah, very good point. Hadn't thought of it like that.

Absolutely horrendous how bad the standard of officiating is and the use of VAR. It feels as if decisions for the big 6 are scrutinised by VAR officials for a greater period of time compared to those for everyone else which are waved away in seconds.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is one of the worst signings in PL history for me, he has the attributes but just so poor , strange one 

Absolutely. With his pace and movement I thought he'd be tailor-made for the PL. His confidence looks absolutely shot.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He is one of the worst signings in PL history for me, he has the attributes but just is so poor , strange one 

They thought he was better option to Tammy Abraham, he's scored 13 in 27 at Roma while Werner has scored 7 in 48 in two years, Werner cost £47.5million. Good Business Chelsea lol

Edited by Leicesterpool

I'm honestly staggered how bad VAR is being used, the longer it's been in place. Just make the decisions and not be afraid to challenge them and question the referee's judgement in doing so. Once they get past that last elephant in the room and see it as a positive to aid the referee's in a breakneck speed sport then the game will be better as a result. Until then us an absolute farce and its starting to bore me.

• Like 2

Clear and obvious error, what does that actually mean? Surely an error is an error it’s not nearly an error or maybe it’s an error.

39 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Yes, you were saying?

Just waiting for the late Southampton goal(s)

36 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Watford seem to have found the next Richarlison in Hernandez....scored 2 so far today

Him and Pedro are two good attacking players - young and work hard.

Probably be more of a long term investment for someone than Dennis.

14 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

VAR Chelsea's best player today

Newcastle will probably get that in a few seasons when they are a top 6 side.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

There isn't too many players in this league that I despise more than Rudiger. 

Absolute ****. Genuinely just wants to hurt people. 

The hit on Kevin de Bruyne last year was hideous. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Absolutely. With his pace and movement I thought he'd be tailor-made for the PL. His confidence looks absolutely shot.

Yeah I can only say that he isn’t a smart footballer, doesn’t move well enough, maybe that is why he is finding it tough. Vardy absolutely blows him apart in terms of movement 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Newcastle look so different compared to Christmas, money well spent in January. Credit to Eddie Howe, a manager who was given a huge cheque book made sure he made the correct signings.

I was surprised how well they invested, I expected a gung ho, mercenary approach but they have been smart. 

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm honestly staggered how bad VAR is being used, the longer it's been in place. Just make the decisions and not be afraid to challenge them and question the referee's judgement in doing so. Once they get past that last elephant in the room and see it as a positive to aid the referee's in a breakneck speed sport then the game will be better as a result. Until then us an absolute farce and its starting to bore me.

It'll always be like that when the current refs all do both VAR and ref games. 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I was surprised how well they invested, I expected a gung ho, mercenary approach but they have been smart. 

We have seen QPR do it the in the past, signing a lot of big names players on high wages, who have no interest in QPR who just signed for the club cause of the money and just so they can live in London. In the end you had squad of players who just couldn't give a damn and some were happy to just sit on the bench earning 100k a week. One example was that Shaun Wright-Phillips was not getting in the team at all, he was offered the chance to go on loan to Blackburn Rovers and refused to go. Even after Redknapp told him that he was unlikely to feature anytime soon for QPR and need some game time away somewhere to get him at least considered again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

They seriously could get relegated, so so poor and bad appointment of manager in their situation. I can’t see how they turn this around 

they could be saved as their relegation rivals are equally dreadful and showing no chance of reversing their form - they do have the players to eke out a couple of wins but Lampard is such a useless appointment