Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Owen perhaps?

Says it all really. You can't go on about how Kane is world class then say that. I agree he's treated as a hero for England, but it's entirely all hype. His goal record imo is highly questionable when you look at who those goals are scored against and how. It's like saying in the WC he won the golden boot so clearly dominated that tournament but ignore those goals were entirely against small teams, a bunch of pens and a fluke off his heel and did literally nothing post group stage. This Euros he did barely anything, Sterling scored all the important group stage goals, Saka and Sterling brought all the dynamic attacking movement (because Grealish, Sancho etc don't get a look in), Kane gets a couple and everybody hypes up that he'll go on a run now and it'll catapult England into the final... well that didn't happen. And that fake perception he's a hero is also the reason he doesn't get treated like any other player and subsequently gets played (every minute) even if he's clearly not in form.

I agree Spurs should consider him a hero though. I don't really know why I should care though. He doesn't play for us. I have no investment in him (and when I do for England he's a bit average and was detrimental to a player I am very invested in ie Vardy). I find it more weird that somebody would care that people dump on Kane tbh. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

A leader? Maybe not. I don't want to say he's not a winner because in truth that doesn't and shouldn't come down entirely to him. If he goes to Man City he will trophies, I have no doubt about that. Would that then make him a winner in your eyes?

It kind of does come down to him though. If we all agree he has a LOT of talent then why hasn't he joined a club that would win something? Think of all winners ever, their goal is to win things. Ronaldo doesn't stay at Spurs. He would have jumped from Tottenham to a team that will win things in 2016 (at the latest). Rooney didn't stay at Everton hoping he'd win something with them. That's a winners mentality. It's why we lose players to clubs like Chelsea, ManC and ManU. Sure they'll earn more but they want to win things and think that's their best opportunity (or at least probability). So no I don't think if he moves to ManC now I'd think of him as a winner.   

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

It kind of does come down to him though. If we all agree he has a LOT of talent then why hasn't he joined a club that would win something? Think of all winners ever, their goal is to win things. Ronaldo doesn't stay at Spurs. He would have jumped from Tottenham to a team that will win things in 2016 (at the latest). Rooney didn't stay at Everton hoping he'd win something with them. That's a winners mentality. It's why we lose players to clubs like Chelsea, ManC and ManU. Sure they'll earn more but they want to win things and think that's their best opportunity (or at least probability). So no I don't think if he moves to ManC now I'd think of him as a winner.   

Agreed he doesn't have the drive or ambition to be really top class.  That last contract was very foolish to sign.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

They could sign Haaland for the same amount, it must the fact that Haaland's agent is an absolute stain on humanity. Just don't want to deal with him.

Good point IMO.  Yet some would love for us to sign Coutinho and deal with the same creep.

RiaolaPrices.JPG.4d1c9eb1d25de6237cab225c5f784512.JPG

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

Says it all really. You can't go on about how Kane is world class then say that. I agree he's treated as a hero for England, but it's entirely all hype. His goal record imo is highly questionable when you look at who those goals are scored against and how. It's like saying in the WC he won the golden boot so clearly dominated that tournament but ignore those goals were entirely against small teams, a bunch of pens and a fluke off his heel and did literally nothing post group stage. This Euros he did barely anything, Sterling scored all the important group stage goals, Saka and Sterling brought all the dynamic attacking movement (because Grealish, Sancho etc don't get a look in), Kane gets a couple and everybody hypes up that he'll go on a run now and it'll catapult England into the final... well that didn't happen. And that fake perception he's a hero is also the reason he doesn't get treated like any other player and subsequently gets played (every minute) even if he's clearly not in form.

I agree Spurs should consider him a hero though. I don't really know why I should care though. He doesn't play for us. I have no investment in him (and when I do for England he's a bit average and was detrimental to a player I am very invested in ie Vardy). I find it more weird that somebody would care that people dump on Kane tbh. 

He plays up front on his own with two holding men behind him. Southgate refusing to play Foden/Grealish doesn't help Kane. As I said, in the European Championships Kane was coming so deep to get the ball and doing to job of an attacking midfielder because all our creativity sits on the bench.

As for "says it all really"? My comparison to Owen is a good one, Owen was lethal on his day and genuinelly World Class.

He's "average" for England? Despite the fact he's now scored more goals at major competitions than any other English player except Gary Lineker. Also, regarding Vardy, it's not Kane's fault that the managers play one up front. I agree two should play up front, and those two would be Kane and Vardy, but with having one up front Kane is always gonna get the nod because he is consistent in his league.

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He plays up front on his own with two holding men behind him. Southgate refusing to play Foden/Grealish doesn't help Kane. As I said, in the European Championships Kane was coming so deep to get the ball and doing to job of an attacking midfielder because all our creativity sits on the bench.

As for "says it all really"? My comparison to Owen is a good one, Owen was lethal on his day and genuinelly World Class.

He's "average" for England? Despite the fact he's now scored more goals at major competitions than any other English player except Gary Lineker. Also, regarding Vardy, it's not Kane's fault that the managers play one up front. I agree two should play up front, and those two would be Kane and Vardy, but with having one up front Kane is always gonna get the nod because he is consistent in his league.

Tbf, if Maguire took pens, he'd probably be on a similar number to Kane for goals scored in major tournaments.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Tbf, if Maguire took pens, he'd probably be on a similar number to Kane for goals scored in major tournaments.

I'm not denying it but you've still gotta score them. Otherwise if he missed then people would be on his back for that.

Good conversion rate though.

If we're not counting penalties then other players would move down the chart too. Don't forget Rooney and Shearer were the main takers too and I'm guessing Shearer scored more major tournament pens than Rooney.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I'm not denying it but you've still gotta score them. Otherwise if he missed then people would be on his back for that.

Good conversion rate though.

If we're not counting penalties then other players would move down the chart too. Don't forget Rooney and Shearer were the main takers too and I'm guessing Shearer scored more major tournament pens than Rooney.

True, but you can have an absolutely 0/10 awful honking game and put a pen in. When the vast majority of your tournament goals are pens then I don't think it's the best yardstick of performance.

I think Kane has been let down by having a manager that's scared of taking chances. The talent available to stick behind him is frightening and yet Southgate has opted for basically the quickest players. In the hope of scoring counter attacks with 2 or 3 people committed forwards.

Stick Barnes Grealish Foden behind Kane and let them attack. It'd be frightening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NasPb said:

It's not that mate. Never denied he can score loads. Just said he'll never be a winner or a leader in my book. They won't win champions league with him. 

Well thank goodness they've won it so many times already... :whistle:

Kane essentially guarantees Man City win the next 2 or 3 league titles - is that worth the outlay? Probably.

After that though it's a risk because his injuries really take it out of him.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Kane essentially guarantees Man City win the next 2 or 3 league titles - is that worth the outlay? Probably.

After that though it's a risk because his injuries really take it out of him.

If I were Man City I think for that reason I’d go for Haaland. You would retain the resale value and possibly get your money back. Surely he’d be a similar price. 

I think if Kane does go to Man City, you will see a completely different player. I think a manager like Pep will definitely get the best out of him. I rate the guy but he annoys me when playing for England. Playing up top on his own and not being the quickest of players should stay on the last defender, not coming back for a quick pointless pass just to instantly give it back then make his way back upfield. I mean if we do manage to break quick he has no chance of getting in the box. He does that quite a lot for England. I think Pep will sort him out and take him to the next level. 

1 hour ago, Bob Farley said:

If I were Man City I think for that reason I’d go for Haaland. You would retain the resale value and possibly get your money back. Surely he’d be a similar price. 

Exactly, if you can afford ~ £150m for Kane you could stretch to whatever Dortmund might want and you have a potential all time great on your hands for a decade (maybe).

Kane is at best a medium term option and that’s generous. 

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Exactly, if you can afford ~ £150m for Kane you could stretch to whatever Dortmund might want and you have a potential all time great on your hands for a decade (maybe).

I'm hoping they put a £150m bid to sign Mendy, or Hamza

Kane almost definitely ensures the league for city, he’ll bag over 30 this season I bet. Much much better option than that fraud Jesus and Agüero. As long as Pep doesn’t shit himself again they’ve got a much better chance of the Champions League as well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

I don't think we have been linked with him.

This is the Leicester City forum.  In Leicester City, there is the word City.  The forum is for City fans.

Perhaps you meant Manchester City.  Another team called City.  But this is not the Manchester City forum.

The City forum you are on is Leicester City.  You have.made the mistake of coming across as a Danny Murphy wannabe.

Who genuinelly cares lol They're the biggest "City" in the Country which is why people call it them.

Same as "United". Or do I mean Peterborough United?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

De Bruyne and Haaland would be unstoppable 

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

I don't think we have been linked with him.

This is the Leicester City forum.  In Leicester City, there is the word City.  The forum is for City fans.

Perhaps you meant Manchester City.  Another team called City.  But this is not the Manchester City forum.

The City forum you are on is Leicester City.  You have.made the mistake of coming across as a Danny Murphy wannabe.

Naaah I call them City. I've never one referred to us at City in my life lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Who genuinelly cares lol They're the biggest "City" in the Country which is why people call it them.

Same as "United". Or do I mean Peterborough United?

Distraught City fans would include supporters of Truro, Wells, Norwich, Stoke and Elgin