Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 hours ago, Nalis said:

Can taste the salt miles away! Surely they know its about game management, if they were the better team then it means fvck all if you lose, Burnley of all teams should know this.

As for Brentford their fortunate run in the first half of the season will keep them up, they'll drop like a stone next season though.

The fact that Burnley ‘fans’ or representatives of the club are saying such nonsense is the type of reason why they are in their situation. 

Never forgot your base 

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just seen Everton's next 5. Ouch. 

Never works that way though, with predictable results. Itll always come down to on the day.

I wouldnt be concerned with Everton's fixtures so much as id be concerned with their absolute donkey team, none of which can run

• Like 2

Neil Warnock not holding back on talk sport just now re Var and big 6 bias "Referees scared to death of the big 6" with specific mention of Pawson & Chelsea. starts at 12 minutes in

Edited by turlo

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

The refereeing in this round of games was absolutely shocking across the board, I think every game I’ve watched this weekend has had either a terrible decision made or crap from VAR.

Sanchez for Brighton was the most blatant red card I’ve seen in a long time.

Newcastle had a stonewall 100% penalty not given. Havertz could also have been sent off before scoring the winner.

The Maguire own goal - with Romero I think it was standing in an offside position- I’m not having he’s not interfering, if he isn’t there Maguire doesn’t put it in his own net.

Norwich should have had a penalty against Leeds and Leeds first goal Bamford was offside - similar to Maguire - if he’s on the pitch he’s interfering!

In our game, whether it is or isn’t handball on Soyuncu it shouldn’t take VAR 5 minutes to make its mind up.

The standards of refereeing in general appears to get worse every season. With millions at stake for staying up, qualifying for Europe and even extra positions in the league it’s got to change. It’s beyond a joke now

Your problem with offside is nothing to do with the laws of the game which say the player isn’t offside … if you want to change the laws then that’s different but you can’t complain that the refs have made an error by applying the laws correctly ???

37 minutes ago, turlo said:

Neil Warnock not holding back on talk sport just now re Var and big 6 bias "Referees scared to death of the big 6" with specific mention of Pawson & Chelsea. starts at 12 minutes in

You’ve linked the live vid 

1 hour ago, turlo said:

But Liverpool will say they were on the end of a wrong decision this weekend?

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The refereeing in this round of games was absolutely shocking across the board, I think every game I’ve watched this weekend has had either a terrible decision made or crap from VAR.

Sanchez for Brighton was the most blatant red card I’ve seen in a long time.

Newcastle had a stonewall 100% penalty not given. Havertz could also have been sent off before scoring the winner.

The Maguire own goal - with Romero I think it was standing in an offside position- I’m not having he’s not interfering, if he isn’t there Maguire doesn’t put it in his own net.

Norwich should have had a penalty against Leeds and Leeds first goal Bamford was offside - similar to Maguire - if he’s on the pitch he’s interfering!

In our game, whether it is or isn’t handball on Soyuncu it shouldn’t take VAR 5 minutes to make its mind up.

The standards of refereeing in general appears to get worse every season. With millions at stake for staying up, qualifying for Europe and even extra positions in the league it’s got to change. It’s beyond a joke now

And nothing will be done. 

You need serious protests and managers/players/owners calling out the refs every week. 

We’ve been having the same conversations for years now, and will continue to do so sadly. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, turlo said:

Fair play to him. Something needs to be done over the refereeing. Yes it is a difficult job but we have to do better. Not just paper over the cracks. It’s not the tools in use,it is their application by this current lot who won’t take responsibility. 

17 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The sanctions against Chelsea only punish the innocent fans.

Also their fans:

BB44ED1F-9936-4241-8778-58523E818E7A.jpeg

16 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

That is appalling. Thick and tone deaf. 

Lads, its a flag at football.

I think we can say with almost absolute certainty that this flag has not been put up as a symbolic act of support towards Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Its just a flag which basically says over the last couple of decades, weve supported a team thats quite good.

I get more offended that throwing missiles, being racist, being hooligans in city centres is a thing thats creeping back in, rather than deliberately misinterpreting the message of a flag.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Lads, its a flag at football.

I think we can say with almost absolute certainty that this flag has not been put up as a symbolic act of support towards Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Its just a flag which basically says over the last couple of decades, weve supported a team thats quite good.

I get more offended that throwing missiles, being racist, being hooligans in city centres is a thing thats creeping back in, rather than deliberately misinterpreting the message of a flag.

That's it, I think I'd still have support for king power of they had supplied a Thailand army to invade some Asian country. We all go to football to escape, it's not a geopolitical issue. He treated the fans whether he had alteiror motives or not, to some of their best memories. I'm more in favour of that flag than them completely washing their hands of him

3 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

And nothing will be done. 

You need serious protests and managers/players/owners calling out the refs every week. 

We’ve been having the same conversations for years now, and will continue to do so sadly. 

Trouble is they only do it when they lose or don’t win late on.

Do you think they care if a decision goes their way even if it’s very controversial?

I doubt Thomas Tuchel was that bothered for example.

Or they say well we didn’t get one our way the other week so due one etc .

Edited by Super_horns
  • Sad 1