Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

That's it, I think I'd still have support for king power of they had supplied a Thailand army to invade some Asian country. We all go to football to escape, it's not a geopolitical issue. He treated the fans whether he had alteiror motives or not, to some of their best memories. I'm more in favour of that flag than them completely washing their hands of him

But that’s what’s wrong with football, your teams success and ‘your’ enjoyment is more important than something very dark about the people running your club. 

Theres always going to be a not so nice part to most people with money. Ours for example created a ruthless monopoly based in part on building a strong relationship with the king. 

But being able to turn a blind eye to genocide or war is a different ball game my friend.  If our owners were linked with any such thing id demand the club be sold... morals over success for me. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

But that’s what’s wrong with football, your teams success and ‘your’ enjoyment is more important than something very dark about the people running your club. 

Theres always going to be a not so nice part to most people with money. Ours for example created a ruthless monopoly based in part on building a strong relationship with the king. 

But being able to turn a blind eye to genocide or war is a different ball game my friend.  If our owners were linked with any such thing if demand the club be sold... morals over success for me. 

I find the way he accumulated his wealth more unsavoury than the actions on Ukraine which realistically is Putin's child. But even then, these people won't care about geopolitical issues and are just respecting a man who made the what they are( I don't think they're supporting Russia in this conflict because of this).I'm against abramovich and was full stop, but it's hard to be getting morally righteous when the Saudis are the favourites to buy the thing while they're continuing to commit atrocities in Yemen.

Edited by The Horse's Mouth
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would be amazed if the govt allow a sale which could have skeletons in its cupboard …….mind you, why should I be amazed by anything this govt do! 

The govt are in bed with them too. Any kind of moral gatekeeping done by the mob in n.10 will be a total contradiction. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I would be amazed if the govt allow a sale which could have skeletons in its cupboard …….mind you, why should I be amazed by anything this govt do! 

How can they block it at this point after already letting them in on the table, the horse has thoroughly bolted

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

But being able to turn a blind eye to genocide or war is a different ball game my friend.  If our owners were linked with any such thing id demand the club be sold... morals over success for me. 

Im not trying to be funny here, but im really bored of all this faux outrage over everything connected with the game.

Ive been part of a football forum here for about a month and I barely read anything RIGHT about the game.

The chelsea fans i would think 99.9% of them are not "turning a blind eye to genocide or war" or all these ridiculous subplots invented by people desperate to make everything as political and divisive as possible.

They showed up to watch their team play a football match against Newcastle in the hope theyd win.

There are GENUINE things no one bads an eyelid over. Why did a restaurant owner have to have his restaurant ruined by our yobs? why do players have to take racist abuse from the same morons every week on twitter. Why do people feel the need to throw things when an opposing player scores a goal. Why do idiots have to abuse stewards and each other on a non stop basis just because its a football match??

And yet we sit here talking about a flag that has nothing to do whatsoever with war, genocide or whatever and we have to sit here and pretend we are disgusted and that it represents all of those things.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

The sanctions against Chelsea only punish the innocent fans.

Also their fans:

BB44ED1F-9936-4241-8778-58523E818E7A.jpeg

19 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

That is appalling. Thick and tone deaf. 

The “Roman Abramovic Thread” on the Shed End has been changed to “We Want Our Chelsea Back”

Newsflash chaps, you’ve already ****ing got it. 

11 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The govt are in bed with them too. Any kind of moral gatekeeping done by the mob in n.10 will be a total contradiction. 

they won’t want any  time bombs they don’t need to have ticking away in the background ….

9 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

How can they block it at this point after already letting them in on the table, the horse has thoroughly bolted

Any prospective owner has to pass the PL  ‘fit and proper persons test’ 

Saudi owners will presumably by slower than USA ones 

the govt could insist that the quickest sale is the most acceptable one (assuming a min sale figure is met) - after all, Chelsea fans are screaming for a resolution to take the club out of their current situation.  

52 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

With respect, you and I have no say whatsoever as to what happens to the club. If our owners wanted to sell we don't have a choice about where it goes. Asking people to boycott a club they've been following long before the current "bad" regime came along is a huge ask and often unfair (I know you specifically didn't but it has been spoken about in lots of places).

The Premier League is to blame for this- firstly for chasing as much money as possible and wanting the brand to be as big as it could be and secondly for the fit and proper person test not being stringent enough.

In an absolute ideal world we wouldn't need our owners or other benefactors in charge, the game would be sensible about it's spending and who it allows in but that time is a long way in the past.

1 hour ago, Corky said:

With respect, you and I have no say whatsoever as to what happens to the club. If our owners wanted to sell we don't have a choice about where it goes. Asking people to boycott a club they've been following long before the current "bad" regime came along is a huge ask and often unfair (I know you specifically didn't but it has been spoken about in lots of places).

The Premier League is to blame for this- firstly for chasing as much money as possible and wanting the brand to be as big as it could be and secondly for the fit and proper person test not being stringent enough.

In an absolute ideal world we wouldn't need our owners or other benefactors in charge, the game would be sensible about it's spending and who it allows in but that time is a long way in the past.

What would an owner of Leicester City have to do or be before you'd boycott the club?

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

What would an owner of Leicester City have to do or be before you'd boycott the club?

Probably similar to the Newcastle/ Man City situation but I'd still ask why they were allowed in.

I don't think fans should be put in a position where they have to choose due to something they've no say in or control over.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Probably similar to the Newcastle/ Man City situation but I'd still ask why they were allowed in.

I don't think fans should be put in a position where they have to choose due to something they've no say in or control over.

Standing up for what you believe in often comes at the cost of a sacrifice. 

I admit I'm not entirely comfortable with KP being friendly with the Thai family and military juntas. But I also recognise they're a private business that hasn't actively profited from suffering. They also do a lot of philanthropy. 

Had some w@nker trying to tell me they prop up Thai arms sales. Yes, of course they do, with their duty free business and unpaid taxes to Thailand. 

6 hours ago, Smashing-Pumpkin said:

Lads, its a flag at football.

I think we can say with almost absolute certainty that this flag has not been put up as a symbolic act of support towards Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Its just a flag which basically says over the last couple of decades, weve supported a team thats quite good.

I get more offended that throwing missiles, being racist, being hooligans in city centres is a thing thats creeping back in, rather than deliberately misinterpreting the message of a flag.

Whatever the intention, it’s a giant Russian flag! At the time the rest of the world is showing almost unanimous support for the people suffering at the hands of a dictator, the Chelsea support think it’s okay to chant the name of one of the people finding the invasion and display a giant flag of the nation responsible. I don’t see myself as someone who gets easily offended or wants things banning, but this is not okay.

The other things you’ve mentioned are all terrible aspects of the game and just because we also have some yobs attending football games in this country, smashing bars up and insulting innocent people doesn’t mean other things are okay. 

• Like 4