Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

13 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Whatever the intention, it’s a giant Russian flag! At the time the rest of the world is showing almost unanimous support for the people suffering at the hands of a dictator, the Chelsea support think it’s okay to chant the name of one of the people finding the invasion and display a giant flag of the nation responsible. I don’t see myself as someone who gets easily offended or wants things banning, but this is not okay.

The other things you’ve mentioned are all terrible aspects of the game and just because we also have some yobs attending football games in this country, smashing bars up and insulting innocent people doesn’t mean other things are okay. 

Well we arent going to agree im afraid.

Theres absolutely no ill intent behind putting the flag up and putting "The Roman Empire" on it, which unless im highly highly mistaken means the empire of winning trophies at Chelsea.

Where does this end? You cant put a Russian flag up, period? why stop there then. Can we put up Qatari flags? Can we put up Saudi Arabian flags? Can we put up Chinese flags?

I just simply cannot be bothered with this "im a fan of a rival team so i must find every reason possible to hate everyone and everything they do" thats disguised as virtue signalling about a war the flag has absolutely nothing to do with.

Thats my viewpoint, sorry if it offends.

24 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Hope they go bust!!

I'd love it.

Love it!!!

I wonder if the footballing authorities will strip of their ill-gotten gains, erase their name from the records and hand their prizes to the second placed Clubs wherever they are?

• Like 1

How exactly would Chelsea go bust ?

There  is a queue of wealthy individuals willing to take them over , Abramovich is willing to sell , the issue is how the sale and transfer of ownership is handled and that would be a matter for RA and the government to sort out 

Not particularly enamoured by the prospect of another Liverpool title win but lovely to see whiny little twats like Rodri and Grealish get wound up because a team won't roll over for them.

• Like 3