Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Well played Palace. Been impressed by them this season. Showed a lot of balls there.

Why would you not make any subs though? Sterling and Gundogan are game-breakers 

Palace have put together quite a decent squad given just how precarious things looked for them at the end of last season.

I look at their squad vs ours and they've certainly closed the gap considerably. I hope we can recruit as shrewdly as them in the next 2 summers given we have a similar amount of players to replace as they did.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Rumours circulating that Calvert-Lewin is due in court tomorrow. Wasn’t involved at all yesterday for Everton after starting last Monday vs Spurs which I thought was strange.

Things going from bad to worse for Everton ……

Must have been charged with offences against fashion ….. 

55 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Midfield two of Gallagher and KDH would be filth. 

Nah let Gallagher go to Chelsea and bring Ngolo home instead :ph34r::P.

(We can always sign Gallagher next season after Chelsea implode)

22 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Rumours circulating that Calvert-Lewin is due in court tomorrow. Wasn’t involved at all yesterday for Everton after starting last Monday vs Spurs which I thought was strange.

Things going from bad to worse for Everton ……

Saw that earlier, drink driving offence or something you’d have thought, pure speculation on my part though who knows what it is. 

Liverpool will end up beating Man City and taking the title ffs, sort of hope Man City go out the CL earlier so they concentrate on the league, or Liverpool go further and incur more injuries which messes them up. 

EDIT: Regarding Palaces squad, always felt like Olise was the one we missed out on, I enjoy watching him play. 

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace have put together quite a decent squad given just how precarious things looked for them at the end of last season.

I look at their squad vs ours and they've certainly closed the gap considerably. I hope we can recruit as shrewdly as them in the next 2 summers given we have a similar amount of players to replace as they did.

Olise is unreal IMO used to be a fan of his at Reading, would suit us down to tee for that RW role not that it’ll happen now anyway 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Saw that earlier, drink driving offence or something you’d have thought, pure speculation on my part though who knows what it is. 

Liverpool will end up beating Man City and taking the title ffs, sort of hope Man City go out the CL earlier so they concentrate on the league, or Liverpool go further and incur more injuries which messes them up. 

EDIT: Regarding Palaces squad, always felt like Olise was the one we missed out on, I enjoy watching him play. 

Always think drink driving offence for a footballer should result in a ban until the end of season. In a normal job youd lose your job. 

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Always think drink driving offence for a footballer should result in a ban until the end of season. In a normal job youd lose your job. 

You'd be surprised. 

I know someone that drank in a skinfull, smashed their car in to a lamppost, did a significant amount of damage and lost their licence for a year. 

They work in a civil service job that requires them to drive a government owned r vehicle and they still kept their job despite the conviction and the ban. They'll be back out driving on their own again once the ban is lifted. In the wake meantime, they've just been buddied up with other employees. 

1 minute ago, Leicesterpool said:

Career as a footballer is lucky gift, should never abuse or take advantage of it.

Well sure, it's also not really a gift. You basically sacrifice your childhood and most of your young adult life to make it.

But either way...people don't get sacked for getting driving bans lol Unless of course their job involves driving a car.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

You'd be surprised. 

I know someone that drank in a skinfull, smashed their car in to a lamppost, did a significant amount of damage and lost their licence for a year. 

They work in a civil service job that requires them to drive a government owned r vehicle and they still kept their job despite the conviction and the ban. They'll be back out driving on their own again once the ban is lifted. In the wake meantime, they've just been buddied up with other employees. 

You know Jack Grealish? 

5 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Was doing 58 in a 50 zone apparently, not the worst thing he could have done. 

Let’s be honest, we’ve all done it at some point - maybe not in a Lamborghini, but we’ve all gone a little over the limit at times, I’d be surprised if he was left out of the squad because of this.

• Like 1