Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

28 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Let’s be honest, we’ve all done it at some point - maybe not in a Lamborghini, but we’ve all gone a little over the limit at times, I’d be surprised if he was left out of the squad because of this.

I do agree that maybe the police seem to be more bothered about motorway crime than the serious crimes on the street. Telling someone off for slightly going over the limit is easier than dealing with some yobs causing chaos. But that's another topic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

You'd be surprised. 

I know someone that drank in a skinfull, smashed their car in to a lamppost, did a significant amount of damage and lost their licence for a year. 

They work in a civil service job that requires them to drive a government owned r vehicle and they still kept their job despite the conviction and the ban. They'll be back out driving on their own again once the ban is lifted. In the wake meantime, they've just been buddied up with other employees. 

Bloke at my work has been done twice and never lost his job where having a license is one of the creterias for getting the job in the first place. His punishment? Someone else has to drive the van all the time, while he goes to sleep in the back, that'll show him...

13 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

i don’t remember them complaining about sporting integrity when we couldn’t have any fans in at their place at the end of last season when it was pretty much a champions league deciding game 

Exactly-  By definition, Chelsea will surely have to play every single home game behind closed doors as they’re unable to sell tickets to away fans? If they don’t let away fans in, their own argument about “sporting integrity” comes back to bite them

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Corky said:

Not particularly enamoured by the prospect of another Liverpool title win but lovely to see whiny little twats like Rodri and Grealish get wound up because a team won't roll over for them.

I thought Rodri would have loved to be playing against a side that had a few chances..

They're all whiny. I understand we all don't like losing but they throw everthing out when nothing goes their way... Rodri, Grealish, De Bruyne...

As for Guardiola and Guaita, what was that about!?

Edited by Fox92

15 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The balls on Chelsea good grief. That response from Borough is fantastic. 

The state of the comments from the Chelsea "fans" under Boroughs statement on twitter. Most of them would benefit from a good kicking. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

The state of the comments from the Chelsea "fans" under Boroughs statement on twitter. Most of them would benefit from a good kicking. 

They’ve revealed themselves to be as entitled as liverpool fans but without the 20th century history to be entitled to be entitled! 

I think Gibson also commented to the press that Chelsea had bought 19 trophies with corrupt money……… miaow !!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The balls on Chelsea good grief. That response from Borough is fantastic. 

I presume they were prepared to pay the refunds for all the Boro fans who had brought tickets and no doubt all the executive boxes sold with all that goes along with such things like catering and programs?

Least Boro can save money on police costs with no away fans.

Edited by Super_horns

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I presume they were prepared to pay the refunds for all the Boro fans who had brought tickets and no doubt all the executive boxes sold with all that goes along with such things like catering and programs?

Least Boro can save money on police costs with no away fans.

You really do hope they paste them now too. It would be some run if they did United, Spurs and Chelsea. 

• Like 2

MOTD Top 10: 'The biggest sporting team miracle of all time' - Gary Lineker on Leicester's title win - BBC Sport

Lineker briefly talking about the Leicester 'miracle' title win.

It's still hard to fathom, before the Arsenal match the commentators mentioned that Arsenal did the double over us in that season, meaning we only lost to 2 teams in the whole premier league season.

It did happen right?

• Like 1

New tv fixtures

Wednesday 6 April

19:30 Burnley v Everton

Saturday 16 April

12:30 Spurs v Brighton (BT Sport)
17:30 Aston Villa v Liverpool (Sky Sports)*
* Subject to FA Cup semi-final participation 

Sunday 17 April

12:00 Leeds v Chelsea (Sky Sports)*
14:15 Newcastle v Leicester (Sky Sports)
16:30 Wolves v Man City (Sky Sports)*
* Subject to FA Cup semi-final participation 

Tuesday 19 April

20:00 Liverpool v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 20 April

19:45 Chelsea v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
19:45 Everton v Leicester
19:45 Newcastle v Crystal Palace
20:00 Man City v Brighton

Thursday 21 April

19:45 Burnley v Southampton (Sky Sports)

Saturday 23 April

12:30 Arsenal v Man Utd (BT Sport)
17:30 Brentford v Spurs (Sky Sports)**
*Subject to other clubs' UEFA Champions League participation 

Sunday 24 April

14:00 Brighton v Southampton
14:00 Burnley v Wolves
14:00 Chelsea v West Ham (Sky Sports)*
16:30 Liverpool v Everton (Sky Sports)*
*Subject to UEFA Champions League participation 

Saturday 30 April

12:30 Newcastle v Liverpool (BT Sport)