Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

When Lampard told Calvert-Lewin he wanted him to step up a gear and ensure three points :facepalm:

Not condoning speeding but he was only going 8mph over. Not sure a regular joe without a lambo would be pulled over for that

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Not condoning speeding but he was only going 8mph over. Not sure a regular joe without a lambo would be pulled over for that

You would in Austria...........if the weather was warm (as the lovely Police here do not like the cold). 

7 hours ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Was doing 58 in a 50 zone apparently, not the worst thing he could have done. 

How on earth has he had to go to court for doing 58 in a 50? 😂😂😂😂

I assume he couldn't be arsed to respond to the letters or something?

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How on earth has he had to go to court for doing 58 in a 50? 😂😂😂😂

I assume he couldn't be arsed to respond to the letters or something?

Could be a repeat offence. 

16 minutes ago, bovril said:

Decades of 'big six' rimming by the media has made these clubs and their fans absolutely insufferable and a blight on English football. 

..same goes for the England national team!

Embarrassing and cringe worthy!

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

At least we don't have to put up with that every week, and international football needs a slight sprinkling of jingoism to keep it interesting.

The big six obsession is every ****ing weekend and it's made PL football incredibly dull. The Man City / Liverpool overkill is particularly bad and the constant whinging entitlement of Man United fans is close behind. A curse on all of those clubs and the fans with their social-media banter-addled brains. 

At least we have six ,Germany has two, Italy perhaps four ,Spain three and France only one. The media love the big time and that will never change.

13 minutes ago, bovril said:

At least we don't have to put up with that every week, and international football needs a slight sprinkling of jingoism to keep it interesting.

The big six obsession is every ****ing weekend and it's made PL football incredibly dull. The Man City / Liverpool overkill is particularly bad and the constant whinging entitlement of Man United fans is close behind. A curse on all of those clubs and the fans with their social-media banter-addled brains. 

Totally agree...

Ruined football for me!

3 hours ago, Langston said:

nintchdbpict000001646365-e1479229952330.jpg

I loved Lee Hurst on this when I was a teen, googled him after I saw this to see what he's at now and turns out he's a bitter **** with questionable views of the world. What a shame.

• Like 2

Just now, Nalis said:

I loved Lee Hurst on this when I was a teen, googled him after I saw this to see what he's at now and turns out he's a bitter **** with questionable views of the world. What a shame.

Yeah he's a right-wing crank isn't he, bet he's got some glorious routines about COVID

I am going to say it this has been one of the most average seasons I have ever watched

the amount of ordinary footballers around is incredible

the maybe the fittest footballers we have ever seen, but the amount of stray passers around euroupe in games is incrtedible

these fitness first coaches, dont teach players how to pass from a to b do they

• Like 3

1 minute ago, twister said:

I am going to say it this has been one of the most average seasons I have ever watched

the amount of ordinary footballers around is incredible

the maybe the fittest footballers we have ever seen, but the amount of stray passers around euroupe in games is incrtedible

these fitness first coaches, dont teach players how to pass from a to b do they

The game is athlete first and footballer second …..it’s been going that way for years ……. You can’t be a pro footballer at the highest level unless you are a quality athlete ….no team can carry anyone who doesn’t do ‘the hard yards’ ……

but most of those who are technically gifted could work on their fitness to drag themselves to the level they need to get to - but that’s where the mental side comes in - how driven are they ??

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m struggling to work out the fascination of the media companies with the six clubs with the largest fan bases …………….

Simple -money. Just been watching Man Utd game on bt sport and their obsession is just as bad as sky. Three pundits Hargreaves Ferdinand and scholes. Talk about needing diversity. They were morose, talking like it was the end of the world. Should have been a few jokes and jibes at least to lighten the mood. For viewers of other teams (the majority) it was a good result. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I'd still rather go for a pint with lee Hurst, than some of the idiots that look to cancel everyone they dont agree with.

• Like 3

One of the least impressive collections of forwards we've ever seen in the PL. Between injuries, sub-par play, and tactical nous - there just aren't that many pure strikers left who are worth a damn.

Vardy is one of the last of a dying breed, IMO.