Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

The idea that no trophies means no good or loads of trophies mean world class obviously isn't the be all and end all, but where as some one like, say Le Tiss wouldn't have been expected to carry a team like Southampton to any success Kane should be able to carry one of the big 6 clubs, full of quality, to at least an f.a cup at some point in his career. He hasn't, it's not like he's one great player in a team full of average John's, he's the best player in a club who have come very close to achieving things multiple times over different periods, and he's not once been able to make a considerable difference to achieve even a modicum of success with his club. So by that metric which I think is very fair, he's an abject disappointment. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere but I thought there was a UEFA rule that PL games were not allowed to be played at the same time as CL matches?

Must not apply to the greedy/sky 6.

I presume there must be some special exception to get the game played ?

12 hours ago, Nalis said:

Plenty of decent forwards but lack of decent strikers. The former including Salah, Mane, the 6 or so Man City players who rotate.

With strikers I guess a lot of that is down to the evolution of what is expected from players, perfect example being Harry Kane who assists a a lot more for Spurs in the past few seasons he ever did.

The classic second striker role is probably diminishing faster than the classic number 9 given the most popular 3/1 up front.

My argument is coaches are taking the enjoyment out of the game by banishing strikers and obsessing about outside 10's

some call it tactical evolution which of course it is, but give me two strikers up front and teams going hammer and tongs like we had 20 years ago any day of the week over it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Errrr...sod off with your certain age, they were doing repeats in the 90s, I'll have you know!

Moyes has the look of a Mysteron. Not QUITE human. 

Really? Alway seemed more Terrahawks too me.  :dunno:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

With European footy back on the menu and a return to 2 challenging games a week, plus travel. This point next season I think they'll be below where they are now.

Plus they have had virtually zero injuries of note this season. They will need Youri and Madders to bolster their squad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can see see Arsenal challenging for the title next season.

Arteta's young guns seem well drilled and giving Liverpool a game

Arsenal are massively benefiting from no European football this season, they are a pretty decent team but miles off challenging for the top spot, especially if they add Champions League football next season. If they want to be looking at winning major honours again they will need to gamble and spend big.

16 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Can see see Arsenal challenging for the title next season.

Arteta's young guns seem well drilled and giving Liverpool a game

They are going to finish around 15-18 point behind Man City and Liverpool.

They would need to spend big to have a chance.

• Like 1