Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Disappointed with some of the reactions to the protester tbh. Feels like a lot of people who would be against climate change or Newcastle's owners in other contexts don't want protesters to affect them.

Hope every Newcastle game gets protesters disrupting them tbh,

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah that's harsh, but both feet off the floor, intent to injure ? 

Never put the player at risk, it was a flying tackle sure, but it was to halt a counter rather than endangering an opposition player

Maybe I am out of touch though. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disappointed with some of the reactions to the protester tbh. Feels like a lot of people who would be against climate change or Newcastle's owners in other contexts don't want protesters to affect them.

I dont think many premier league football fans who live and breathe all things their own team can take the moral high ground on much to be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Never put the player at risk, it was a flying tackle sure, but it was to halt a counter rather than endangering an opposition player

Maybe I am out of touch though. :dunno:

I think it's harsh to but he had both feet off the floor and caught him on the ankle so can see why it was a red but still think it's harsh.

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, Zear0 said:

14 mins added. That's Liverpool losing-esque amounts. 

Remember one Watford game from a while ago when they had something similar due to an injury sustained by the goalkeeper

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

According to commentary an protester attempted but failed at the Arsenal - Liverpool game last night 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, jammie82uk said:

According to commentary an protester attempted but failed at the Arsenal - Liverpool game last night 

Tried the same at a Leicester game but failed because Brendan didn't want anyone on the post

There's no defence for Allan, I think. Yeah, cynical, tactical fouls happen all the time and are punished by a yellow, but he's strayed over the line by steaming in and jumping into the challenge. It would've been so easy for him not to do that. The fact that contact was minimal is testament to how fast Saint Maximain was running and how badly timed and desperate the lunge was by Allan. Definite red in my opinion.

Guest StevieLynex
3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

Tried the same at a Leicester game but failed because Brendan didn't want anyone on the post

Come to think of it the protestor seems to have a better idea of organising a defence than Kolo - gerriminn