Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well least this new bloke will get a chance now rather than being compared to Bielsa.

Felt sorry for him tbh when after his first game v you Leeds fans were on the radio saying they would have won under Bielsa.

massive shoes to fill in the city. There are murals of Bielsa all over the place it’s like the Falls Road! He was like a god, a lot of Leeds fans I know wouldn’t have cared if they’d have gone down as long as he was still in charge, they absolutely love him. I know what you mean though, like he’s fighting a losing battle from the start. He’s starting to win a few over though, he talks well (a lot), not sure how much of it i buy but time will tell. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Jamie carragher should have been sacked years ago after he spat in a teenage girls face. The fact he carries on like he does is sickening, nobody with a moral compass will ever listen to a word he says. He's scum. 

Cannot fathom why he didn't get the sack. I'd love to know. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Manini said:

massive shoes to fill in the city. There are murals of Bielsa all over the place it’s like the Falls Road! He was like a god, a lot of Leeds fans I know wouldn’t have cared if they’d have gone down as long as he was still in charge, they absolutely love him. I know what you mean though, like he’s fighting a losing battle from the start. He’s starting to win a few over though, he talks well (a lot), not sure how much of it i buy but time will tell. 

I think they were worried they'd get some dull defensive manager in - guess despite the results Leeds were playing attacking football under Bielsa which fans want to see.

They obviously still are do though - and getting injuries.

Reckon any other team would have got back to 2-2 and tried to sit back and hold on it.

Mind you won't be near the same pressure the next man at Man City or Liverpool will face!

Edited by Super_horns

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Stranger still, they're happy to push out a great broadcaster like Stelling in the ****ing weird belief that white ex players shouldn't make up a panel for a weekend score center. 

Odd moralising on both counts. Spitting on children - forgivable. Being too white and male - needs a change. 

Edited by foxile5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Football - great game that it is - is riddled with disgusting filthy worms that eat it out from the inside. (and not in a good way)

Edited by trabuch

57 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tired of seeing people say loving football means wanting Leeds to stay up. 

If they also said loving football means wanting to see liverpool, manutd, man city, arsenal and Chelsea get relegated then i am all for it! Otherwise, i agree they can fook off.

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Worse than ours vs Spurs? 

Goal 1.  Long ball to the winger marked by the full back at the corner of the area.  The winger stood there and waited for the ball to come to him at chest height, the full back ran up the field to try and head it and missed by several feet.  The winger had time and space to pick his spot, hit the post, and Leeds kept hitting rebounds until one went in.

Goal 2.  The ball was played to a Leeds man unmarked with the goalkeeper way out of position.  an easy lob over the keeper is all that was needed.  He missed.  Another shot, and the keeper saved it.  It went to a defender, who kicked it up into the air and back towards his own goal, where another defender let it bounce, at which point the goalkeeper came flying past defender and ball so that the Leeds forward had an empty net to aim for.  You would at least have thought that the many defenders standing around taking no part, could have advised the keeper that between the sticks is the danger zone.

Goal 3.  Hopeful ball into penalty area from a dead ball.  Leeds man heads it back into play from the goal line, two defenders have quite an extensive chat about whether or not they should clear it, and the man who headed it strolls up and takes it off them and scores.

I have no idea what your defending was like against Spurs, but if it had been that bad it would have been on Youtube with the Benny Hill theme.  You wouldn't expect three goals as bad as that in a season.  The defence was so bad that Kevin Friend wasn't even in the "three men least suited to their jobs on the football field" awards.

I'm not happy!

Edited by dsr-burnley

40 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

Goal 1.  Long ball to the winger marked by the full back at the corner of the area.  The winger stood there and waited for the ball to come to him at chest height, the full back ran up the field to try and head it and missed by several feet.  The winger had time and space to pick his spot, hit the post, and Leeds kept hitting rebounds until one went in.

Goal 2.  The ball was played to a Leeds man unmarked with the goalkeeper way out of position.  an easy lob over the keeper is all that was needed.  He missed.  Another shot, and the keeper saved it.  It went to a defender, who kicked it up into the air and back towards his own goal, where another defender let it bounce, at which point the goalkeeper came flying past defender and ball so that the Leeds forward had an empty net to aim for.  You would at least have thought that the many defenders standing around taking no part, could have advised the keeper that between the sticks is the danger zone.

Goal 3.  Hopeful ball into penalty area from a dead ball.  Leeds man heads it back into play from the goal line, two defenders have quite an extensive chat about whether or not they should clear it, and the man who headed it strolls up and takes it off them and scores.

I have no idea what your defending was like against Spurs, but if it had been that bad it would have been on Youtube with the Benny Hill theme.  You wouldn't expect three goals as bad as that in a season.  The defence was so bad that Kevin Friend wasn't even in the "three men least suited to their jobs on the football field" awards.

I'm not happy!

Boohoo. Win your 3 matches in hand and you'll go above them, stop whining. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Still can't feckin believe that last night. Ugh. 

Bad memories of Spurs comeback from it for us. Guess the difference is you guys are fighting for the european spots whereas we arent really fighting for anything in the league.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Two - the keeper went off after about 55 mins …..

They used 3 in the first half - one was a concussion sub. They made 4 in total.

7 hours ago, trabuch said:

As we well know from experience. A bit of form and a few wins will get you up as far as 14th.

Exactly. The likes of Burnley need to stop relying on everyone around them to lose, grow a pair and actually play for wins rather than draws. 

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Our defending has been hideous at times this season but I don't think I've seen defending as bad as Wolves last night from any team. All 3 Leeds goals were an absolute mess! 

Its just bizarre as they've been so good at the back this season

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Its just bizarre as they've been so good at the back this season

Yeh it is strange. As soon as Jiminez was sent off they just seemed to panic and just made mistake after mistake. Leeds will probably stay up now as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

You’ve got to win them to mean anything 

I’d rather have games in hand, especially that ours are vs the likes of Norwich, Brentford and Everton than the points.

We’re not going to lose all 4 games in hand. We’re not in a relegation battle ffs and never have been.

Never understand those who said “I’d rather have the points than the games in hand”, you can easily be overtaken with the points. Of course you have to win your games in hand but that is true of absolutely all your remaining fixtures, the teams with the games in hand just has more opportunities to gain the points and can afford more slip ups.

I’d much rather be in our position than Palace, Villa or Southampton for example and we are more likely to finish ahead of all of them as we have more opportunities to slip up than they do (that’s not to say we will finish ahead of them but the odds are clearly in our favour that we will finish the highest of the 4 teams).

Edited by Sampson