Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh it is strange. As soon as Jiminez was sent off they just seemed to panic and just made mistake after mistake. Leeds will probably stay up now as well.

The media seems to be in an absolutely tug frenzy over their new manager.

20 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh it is strange. As soon as Jiminez was sent off they just seemed to panic and just made mistake after mistake. Leeds will probably stay up now as well.

I'm rooting for Leeds to survive just to shut up the morons saying American managers can't succeed in the PL.  Marsch walked in the door as one of the better managers in the league and given time, he'll prove it.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

The media seems to be in an absolutely tug frenzy over their new manager.

Media just love Leeds full stop. Proper weird. 

Last night commentary was talking as if no other team has ever attacked or come back from 2 down.

I'd love them to go down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm rooting for Leeds to survive just to shut up the morons saying American managers can't succeed in the PL.  Marsch walked in the door as one of the better managers in the league and given time, he'll prove it.

I’m sorry but what has he won in his career that make him one of the better managers in the league? 
I’m not saying he won’t be, but before you throw out comments like that, you need to back it up with something.
Right now, unless I’ve missed something he wouldn’t be in the top 10 PL managers. I certainly wouldn’t be happy if we had dismissed BR earlier in the season and appointed Marsh.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m sorry but what has he won in his career that make him one of the better managers in the league? 
I’m not saying he won’t be, but before you throw out comments like that, you need to back it up with something.
Right now, unless I’ve missed something he wouldn’t be in the top 10 PL managers. I certainly wouldn’t be happy if we had dismissed BR earlier in the season and appointed Marsh.

He taught Jamie Tartt to pass to his team mates, not just go it alone. He got Dani Rojas to take penalties again after killing a greyhound with one. 

Not many mangers in this league could achieve that 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Saka is a good player isn’t he ?

Mings losing his head..

Not much wrong with that, controlled it and got the ball. Arsenal in the refs face again,  Gabriel being a tw@ too

• Like 2

Was clear pretty early on that Arteta is the kind of manager who insists on the mastering the dark arts to gain the slightest of advantages.

Suspect as Arsenal become more of a threat this will be picked up on more.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Based on what?

Given Arteta complained about the early kick-off as they played last Wednesday, I do hope Arsenal flunk this UCL spot and end up in the Europa League.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

You really don't like Villa or Gerrard, do you.

Hate them. I have to travel to Birmingham a lot for work and can't stand the city or its inhabitants.

Definition of delusions of grandeur.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

11 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Given Arteta complained about the early kick-off as they played last Wednesday, I do hope Arsenal flunk this UCL spot and end up in the Europa League.

If he'd given the real reason for not wanting the early kick-off, namely Fletch and Macca complete with Ron Manager impressions and that irritatingk k added by McManaman which is very gratingk, then I'd have sympathy.

But he didn't, so I don't.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hate them. I have to travel to Birmingham a lot for work and can't stand the city or its inhabitants.

Definition of delusions of grandeur.

Understand the Villa thing but I do think Gerrard will turn out to be a top manager.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Understand the Villa thing but I do think Gerrard will turn out to be a top manager.

I don't. He just sets up his team without the opposition in mind. There's no plan to stop Saka and everytime he's come up against a good side he's lost 

Games like this just prove how poor the league is from 6th down. It’s why this season is so frustrating. Villa are absolute dog shit…. No reason why we shouldn’t be above the likes of these. Here’s hoping we can our a run together now and make a fist of what’s left of the league, and win the ECL. 

• Like 1