Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Birmingham fans are worse IMO. 

Birmingham New St Station is the worst in my opinion.

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Games like this just prove how poor the league is from 6th down. It’s why this season is so frustrating. Villa are absolute dog shit…. No reason why we shouldn’t be above the likes of these. Here’s hoping we can our a run together now and make a fist of what’s left of the league, and win the ECL. 

To be fair we have so many games in hand on the teams around us and still to play Southampton, Villa and Palace at home.

If we don't get above them from here I'll be disappointed. 

Edited by Stevosevic

That result is fine for us again don’t seem to move any where even though we have 3 games in hand and one win it’s us up to 9th  with how bad we have been most weeks thats not to bad. Shame wolves maybe just a bit out of reach of us 

54 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Games like this just prove how poor the league is from 6th down. It’s why this season is so frustrating. Villa are absolute dog shit…. No reason why we shouldn’t be above the likes of these. Here’s hoping we can our a run together now and make a fist of what’s left of the league, and win the ECL. 

Agreed, but any team like us, Villa, Everton should be averaging more than 1.3 points a games. It's disgusting. Once you get in that batch of teams that are at least 10-15 points off the top 6-7 then you know you're under performing. It's not the league position, it's the amount of points I measure us on. Anything less than 55 is poor and we aren't going to be anywhere near that this season I don't think.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed, but any team like us, Villa, Everton should be averaging more than 1.3 points a games. It's disgusting. Once you get in that batch of teams that are at least 10-15 points off the top 6-7 then you know you're under performing. It's not the league position, it's the amount of points I measure us on. Anything less than 55 is poor and we aren't going to be anywhere near that this season I don't think.

Think we will be around 50ish 

We have only managed 55 or more in 4 out 15 PL seasons

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Think we will be around 50ish 

We have only managed 55 or more in 4 out 15 PL seasons

Anything before we got promoted again in 2013/14 is irrelevant though. We've evidently built the foundations to be a top 7 club and when we're off it by a good 10-15 points we know it's a bad season. It's usually resulted in the manager getting the tin tac an'all.

We are a 55 point team bare minimum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’m sorry but what has he won in his career that make him one of the better managers in the league? 
I’m not saying he won’t be, but before you throw out comments like that, you need to back it up with something.
Right now, unless I’ve missed something he wouldn’t be in the top 10 PL managers. I certainly wouldn’t be happy if we had dismissed BR earlier in the season and appointed Marsh.

If you’d followed his career at all you’d know he has strong technical nous and he’s an excellent motivator - he’ll prove that soon enough.  The fact is at least half the managers in the PL are thoroughly mediocre and/or the usual retreads anyway.

Edited by Deeg67

47 minutes ago, Md9 said:

That result is fine for us again don’t seem to move any where even though we have 3 games in hand and one win it’s us up to 9th  with how bad we have been most weeks thats not to bad. Shame wolves maybe just a bit out of reach of us 

We won't be up to 9th if we win tomorrow unfortunately. Unless we win 7-0 lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Every time Arsenal win a freekick, Lacazette and Gabriel saunter over to the ref going on about accumulation. They're really turning into a "streetwise" team.

Arteta was the architect of the technical foul at Man City.   Streetwise is kind of cheatwise.

41 minutes ago, majaco said:

Arteta was the architect of the technical foul at Man City.   Streetwise is kind of cheatwise.

Some teams take it too far. But we need at least a bit of this! We’re far too friendly/honest, we’re the equivalent of giving your mate a pat on the back for shagging your partner….

• Haha 2

Just now, fox in the sox said:

A lot of talk that Chelsea will be fine once they are taken over but isn’t it likely that they will have to sell players? Abramovich is writing off 1.5 billion & the players wage bill is said to be massive, surely not a good situation to inherit.

Don’t see why. 
they have a big income 

they will be losing some players out of contract at the end of the season. Writing off ghe 1.5 billion means that debt disappears from the club. 

I think they will be selling some of their loaned players around europe as fifa changes upcoming mean there will be a much reduced limit and Chelsea simply have too many on their books. But this won’t be a financial call. this could well mean any new owner won’t have to make the transfer kitty investment that would be expected. 

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t see why. 
they have a big income 

they will be losing some players out of contract at the end of the season. Writing off ghe 1.5 billion means that debt disappears from the club. 

I think they will be selling some of their loaned players around europe as fifa changes upcoming mean there will be a much reduced limit and Chelsea simply have too many on their books. But this won’t be a financial call. this could well mean any new owner won’t have to make the transfer kitty investment that would be expected. 

Who's bothered really?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Don’t see why. 
they have a big income 

Yes writing it off clears the debt but wouldn’t the fact that such an amount needs to be written off be a worry for them?

3 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Yes writing it off clears the debt but wouldn’t the fact that such an amount needs to be written off be a worry for them?

A lot of that £1.5bn was spent in the years you could blow whatever and have no consequences was it not?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

I’m not suggesting consequences for overspending, I just can’t see how the club could continue to run in the same way it has been.

they took a big injection of cash to cover covid losses and that’s now written off

they are actually running an fairly even ship but as I posted, I reckon they are going to take a lot of money in with the sale of loanees over the next two summers …