Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I'm telling you, Marsch is a big-time tactical mind and a very genuine person.  If people can see through their prejudices they'll realize that - he's a breath of fresh air in a league full of recycled, creatively impotent managers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yes but it all goes out the window when he says roster instead of squad. Sorry I don't make the rules.

That would be funny if it weren't actually true for so many people.

28 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yes but it all goes out the window when he says roster instead of squad. Sorry I don't make the rules.

You'll feel really bad then when he starts talking about quarters after FIFA bring that in :fishing:

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I'm telling you, Marsch is a big-time tactical mind and a very genuine person.  If people can see through their prejudices they'll realize that - he's a breath of fresh air in a league full of recycled, creatively impotent managers.

Agree with you on that he's a bit different. I'm still not sure on him based on how quickly Leipzig binned him which given he's been part of the RB family for several years was very surprising. 

I've followed Salzburg since he had the team with Haaland, Hwang, Minamino and Daka and he did well there but its a bit like Rodgers in Scotland, that's expected at that level with the resources.

Intrigued to see how he does.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

A lot of talk that Chelsea will be fine once they are taken over but isn’t it likely that they will have to sell players? Abramovich is writing off 1.5 billion & the players wage bill is said to be massive, surely not a good situation to inherit.

truth is it sits in the richest part of London

its a prize assett for rich ****ers on egos trips

Somebody will buy it and if roman doesnt want his money back, poour money in

19 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Wolves are eighth having scored a paltry 31 goals How the **** is that? They have conceded nearly 20!! goals less than us. All of our problems have been defensive.

Its been a poor season

covid has played a part, but pressing and fitness first football has taken the spark out of games

Players are over coached now I maintain that, scared of trying anything new for fear of pissing of the data teams in the stand.

Said it before but Wolves are the most defensive team in the league. You can do well in that style, but it’s also the kind of style where the first semi-lengthy spell of bad results and fans turn on you, call the football unwatchable and the manager a dinosaur.

I don’t think Lage’s style is sustainable and Wolves fans will turn on him the first bad spell they have.

25 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Said it before but Wolves are the most defensive team in the league. You can do well in that style, but it’s also the kind of style where the first semi-lengthy spell of bad results and fans turn on you, call the football unwatchable and the manager a dinosaur.

I don’t think Lage’s style is sustainable and Wolves fans will turn on him the first bad spell they have.

I’m not sure about this, the fans turned here when Brendan had his first poor spell - I don’t think fans have patience whatever the style.

Late to the party I know, but what the fck was that interview of Gerrard by Des Kelly? Absolutely crap questioning and no wonder Gerrard got riled. BT are a shit show for football now, the commentators and pundits don't do enough research so don't have a clue what they are talking about half the time and then people like Kelly giving interviews like that. Glad I don't pay for BT sport anymore  

1 hour ago, twister said:

truth is it sits in the richest part of London

its a prize assett for rich ****ers on egos trips

Somebody will buy it and if roman doesnt want his money back, poour money in

They might not pour money in.  Americans are interested, and the American view of sports ownership is quite different from most PL owners - they want to make a profit.  They want to the club to make a profit so they can take out dividends and salaries and management fees, and to do that they will have to drastically cut wages.  There's just been a baseball lockout because the owners didn't feel they were making enough profit from their clubs; they were willing to abandon matches before they would back down.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

A lot of talk that Chelsea will be fine once they are taken over but isn’t it likely that they will have to sell players? Abramovich is writing off 1.5 billion & the players wage bill is said to be massive, surely not a good situation to inherit.

If Karma struck and the UK government was to sieze Chelsea, only let me into the auction and give me a deferred loan to buy at 10 percent of real value, even I could manage the club borrowing against and selling assets- 

In the real world,

I gotta feeling that many a professional money manipulator will be interested in a cut price deal knowing that Glazier style they wont be dipping into their own pockets.

Outside bet, Donald Trump. Money making scheme and the boot in on Putin

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

Donald Trump and Co might decide against asset stripping when they see the Youri and Cags situation and realise that all the chelsea players could refuse to be sold and run down their contracts. He would have to loan em all out to MLS to help with wage bill

Edited by He aint bald

18 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

They might not pour money in.  Americans are interested, and the American view of sports ownership is quite different from most PL owners - they want to make a profit.  They want to the club to make a profit so they can take out dividends and salaries and management fees, and to do that they will have to drastically cut wages.  There's just been a baseball lockout because the owners didn't feel they were making enough profit from their clubs; they were willing to abandon matches before they would back down.

exactly- 

Don´t even have to be Sports moguls. 

Was thinking Donald Trump but now edging to Hunter Biden to dsuck em dry cus he has to go bankrupt soon anyway-

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

We're not a defensive team any more, we just have a better defence. Mainly down to Jose Sa coming in who can come out and sweep up more quickly and allow us to play a higher line. We also defend set-pieces better. That's what led to the better defensive record. 

Nuno used to sit back, barely run or press and wait for the counter. Under Lage we press more and build attacks more. The one fault is that we don't have attacking players who score many goals. Jimenez's struggles since his injury have amplified this, even under a new style of playing. 

This was from a piece on Sky Sports in November but it shows the differences. 

IMG_20220320_130427.jpg

IMG_20220320_130451.jpg

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1