Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ref the Chelsea sale - just listening to a report and one of the bids has Goldman sacks behind it. Wasn’t Goldman sacks the bank behind the ESL ???

I believe any of the serious US-connected bids for CFC will (a) have a big investment bank involved and (b) be predicated on guaranteeing "franchise" value through some kind of modified ESL.

I don't know what is taking your parliament so long to install an independent regulator with enough teeth to guarantee the financial well-being of the entire pyramid, instead of just the six seven ultra-rich clubs at the top.

But if they don't do it soon, that horse will bolt the barn in a lot better-prepared caper than the last one.

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Ref the Chelsea sale - just listening to a report and one of the bids has Goldman sacks behind it. Wasn’t Goldman sacks the bank behind the ESL ???

EDIT:  JP Morgan 

Goldmann Sachs are behind the recent bankrolling of Barcelona too, and it wouldn't surprise me the facilitating of the Catalonians spending leads GS to owning Barca in the future.

Edited by Jaspa
too many too's, no tutu's or even a desond however

1 minute ago, Jaspa said:

Goldmann Sachs are behind the recent bankrolling of Barcelona too, and it wouldn't surprise me the facilitating of the Catalonians spending leads GS to owning Barca in the future.

Don't they own Barca right now, if you look at the balance sheet?

Just now, KingsX said:

Don't they own Barca right now, if you look at the balance sheet?

I dont think so, they still have a president and that whole structure officially, but their spending will only send them in one direction. The size of the loan they took was something like £500m, and that was just to pay debt. Since then they've signed a boat load more expensive players, sacked a manager, hired a new one and have now just signed a deal with Spotify to sponsor their kits and more tellingly the Camp Nou.

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

To be honest Vards did actually dive in that West Ham game, but the first yellow card was ridiculous.

First memory of Moss was Forest away under Sven. Bright beautiful day, early season. We're flying and go 2-0 up - cue Jon Moss to give them a soft pen, where he also gave Kasper a yellow without notifying him before the pen was taken, then straight after when Schmeichel lobbed the ball back to the centre for kick-off, Moss gave him a second yellow and sent him off. Jon had a look in his eye while he gave out the red too, a proper "gotcha aint I" moment. We ended up drawing after Chris Weale uncharacteristically flapped, and Sven was gone a couple months later.

Surely that's sarcasm.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The irony of Sky producing a documentary called the Greed League regards the European Super League is truly staggering. 

Theyre only pissed off that they weren't invited. Their reaction to the Newcastle takeover was disgusting.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Mike Dean is generally a decent ref, but he always has one 'moment' per game where he goes into full "look at me!" mode. 

This one where he seemingly celebrates a Spurs goal always cracks me up. 

mlq2D5.gif

Got confused with the white of Tranmere ?

I remember he was certainly leading the celebrations when Tranmere won in the play offs at Forest Green standing on the terrace posts.

Considering he is a man in his 50s.

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Mike Dean is generally a decent ref, but he always has one 'moment' per game where he goes into full "look at me!" mode. 

This one where he seemingly celebrates a Spurs goal always cracks me up. 

mlq2D5.gif

Celebrating his own work there. Allowing the game to continue by playing advantage. 

He actually comes across as a real decent bloke on the Peter Crouch Podcast he did. 

He is actually one of the better refs to which is a worry. 

• Like 2

I'm not someone that usually criticises referees because it is a job that I would hate to do. However, it really hit home during the euros how poor the standard of refereeing at the top level in this country really is. Even VAR wasn't that bad. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Tbf to Mike Dean, he seems to genuinely love the game.

I think he just sees refereeing as a job and a passion and then out of that, come those unique expressed moments. Rather that than some of the other shite refs we have to put up with. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The irony of Sky producing a documentary called the Greed League regards the European Super League is truly staggering. 

If it had been set up they'd have been desperate to get involved.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Looking at the table & seeing who currently occupies the 1st 6 places just reminds me how well we have actually done the past 2 seasons & as all 6 also have 1 or 2 games in hand from teams in 7th & 8th i wouldn't bet against those 6 being the 6 at the end of the season.
This is why it always made me chuckle when some of our fans were diss'ing the team, manager & club because Brighton were sat in 3rd or WHam, Villa & Wolves were in 4th for a time earlier in the season, as if they were going to stay there.
The seasons 38 games long & takes a time before everything settles & usually the money comes to the top which is why i'd say again how well we have done recently & why some quarters had mention the over achivement remark.
I often feel with all the negativity dished out that some really underestimate the gulf between those 6 (regardless of current perceived state) & the other 14 teams in the league.

chelsea were not as strong as they now, same with arsenal and you could say spurs have a better manager now. it was almost the perfect time to break that top 6 in the past two seasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, don_danbury said:

chelsea were not as strong as they now, same with arsenal and you could say spurs have a better manager now. it was almost the perfect time to break that top 6 in the past two seasons.

64-65 is an incredibly low points total for 4th spot. Most season we would have finished 6th or so with that. We bottled a massive opportunity those 2 seasons to take advantage of some under performing clubs.

• Like 2

Anyone seen the proposed spending rules UEFA are bringing in? FFP scrapped but instead teams are only allowed to spend a maximum of 70% their revenue on wages and transfers. Hahahahaa we are absolutely fcuked if we want to qualify for Europe and stay there. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Anyone seen the proposed spending rules UEFA are bringing in? FFP scrapped but instead teams are only allowed to spend a maximum of 70% their revenue on wages and transfers. Hahahahaa we are absolutely fcuked if we want to qualify for Europe and stay there. 

Yes was reading the thread about it on Red Cafe, but in summary