Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Interesting thread about Man City legal wangling with the Premier League over FFP. Sure no one is surprised though. Will they get away with it this time?

Probably…

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

£600 million more in commercial revenue. If that doesn’t slap you in the face and say ‘they’re cheating’ then I don’t know what does. 

Who on earth is shocked ?     Chelsea can’t be squeaky clean either ??  and Everton are playing a similar game at a lower level ….

as Man City have proved already, they can afford the brightest legal minds to get them off the hook …. 

Edited by st albans fox

Just now, Ricey said:

Just dawned on me that if Man City hadn’t had their UEFA ban overturned by CAS we would have qualified for the Champions League in the last two seasons.

Not to mention the fact that the FA simply wimped out like eufa over the ESL and no points deductions for this season

16 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Just dawned on me that if Man City hadn’t had their UEFA ban overturned by CAS we would have qualified for the Champions League in the last two seasons.

And then would have beaten Chelsea in last year's final :scarf:

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

Not to mention the fact that the FA simply wimped out like eufa over the ESL and no points deductions for this season

Wasn't it down to the PL to punish them not the FA as it was the PL rules they broke and conned.

1 hour ago, Ricey said:

As fans and a club we've been incredibly quiet/relaxed/weak on this. I'm not sure which adjective is most accurate.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, urban fox said:

yes you are correct. my bad. but the sentiment stands

Of course. The FA are pretty much toothless these days holders of a begging bowl.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Palace spending now about £50m bit will be plenty of instalments etc. They're having to take big and brave moves though.

They're taking big risks across the entire club. Big moves in the market and with brave manager choice. It'll go one of two ways

• Like 1

Vieira has hardly set the world alight wherever he's been. 

Is defence their biggest problem? I'd say no. Keeping Zaha might be though.

Could be a tough learning curve for Vieira and it might not end well for them.

I might be way off, but I think Palace will have a tough year.

Their only saviour could be that three teams are worse than them.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf the Palace spending could well be a classic example of spending the money from your star player before you sell him to keep the prices down. Very possible it's all getting financed by Zahas departure. 

Is he even linked with anyone? Feel like he’ll stay till his contract runs out 

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Is he even linked with anyone? Feel like he’ll stay till his contract runs out 

I think there was a lot of chatter surrounding him at the end of the season.

Hasn't he turned down a new contract or something? I can't quite remember.

He's an Arsenal type signing all day.

Just now, tom27111 said:

I think there was a lot of chatter surrounding him at the end of the season.

Hasn't he turned down a new contract or something? I can't quite remember.

He's an Arsenal type signing all day.

I just feel like no one will pay palace the money they want, could be a london club like Arsenal who get him for free in the end. 

• Like 1