Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Uefa have to find a way to get those clubs to drop the super league idea ……. This proposal pretty much ensures that the big clubs stay entrenched forever ……of course you can still get the odd Lcfc ‘abomination’ but 90% of the time it will be as expected with any four from six from the prem and the usual suspects from other leagues qualifying ……

• Like 2

It going to make it harder for Newcastle to bridge the gap quickly.

We will need to work smarter and be more innovative.

We are currently 15th in revenue 

Man City

€644.9m

Real Madrid

€640.7m

Bayern

€611.4m

Barcelona

€582.1m

Man Utd

€558m

PSG

€556.2m

Liverpool

€550.4m

Chelsea

€493.1m

Juventus

€433.5m

Tottenham

€406.2m

Arsenal

€366.5m

Dortmund

€337.6m

Atletico

€332.8m

Inter

€330.9m

Leicester

€255.5m

West Ham

€221.5m

Wolves

€219.2m

Everton

€218.1m

Zenit

€212m

Aston Villa

€207.3m

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

It going to make it harder for Newcastle to bridge the gap quickly.

We will need to work smarter and be more innovative.

We are currently 15th in revenue 

Man City

€644.9m

Real Madrid

€640.7m

Bayern

€611.4m

Barcelona

€582.1m

Man Utd

€558m

PSG

€556.2m

Liverpool

€550.4m

Chelsea

€493.1m

Juventus

€433.5m

Tottenham

€406.2m

Arsenal

€366.5m

Dortmund

€337.6m

Atletico

€332.8m

Inter

€330.9m

Leicester

€255.5m

West Ham

€221.5m

Wolves

€219.2m

Everton

€218.1m

Zenit

€212m

Aston Villa

€207.3m

I’m confused… how do man city have such a big revenue with such a small fan base compared to actual big clubs? 

doesn’t make any sense 

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m confused… how do man city have such a big revenue with such a small fan base compared to actual big clubs? 

doesn’t make any sense 

Champions league money, league winning money, sponsors, global support…. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

doesn’t make any sense 

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Financial doping. They've been inflating their sponsorship deals with funding directly from their owner as part of the deal; sometimes as much as 90% of any deal (of which they have hundreds) had funding coming not from the sponsor but their owner. Last year their revenue was £600 more than anyone else.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Fùck UEFA, time for everybody else to breakaway from the big 6. 
They don’t want to play fair.

Absolute cowards.

I have to say I'm done with these so called big 6 (and other mega rich european teams)  if shit like this goes through. I just dont care anymore. Go wank yourselves off in a beige league that i will refuse to watch.  It will be cute for a few years then the novelty will wear off and the days of scunthorpe away will be something the fans will pine for..... lol.

Ok maybe not scunny.  

What I don’t get is how we seem to be the only  fan base really bringing this stuff up? Surely banded together, the fans from every other club around the world stack up to more than the ‘big six’?

They’ve inadvertently created the closed shop they wanted and I’m sick of great clubs like ours just putting up with it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KFS said:

What I don’t get is how we seem to be the only  fan base really bringing this stuff up? Surely banded together, the fans from every other club around the world stack up to more than the ‘big six’?

They’ve inadvertently created the closed shop they wanted and I’m sick of great clubs like ours just putting up with it. 

the club are trying to establish themselves as the best of the rest - its implausible to try and compete with the spending power of spurs (who are sixth) so the idea is to position us in 7th and try to bridge the gap, bit by bit …. Our revenue at €255m last season was well up.

this rule will enable owners to inject sums into the club via ‘sponsorship’ deals ….

FFP wasn't working, clubs got round it, they won in court(citeh) or like PSG got a fine and a slap on the wrists.  The current model is not sustainable, so if they bring in a 70% rule and simplify it, then I think it will be better than the complex system we have now.  The problem for me is if they add caveats and sub-clauses, then we will have clubs lawyers trying to circumnavigate the rules.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I honestly can't see how teams outside the big 6 can compete with this, there's almost no incentive to qualifying for Europe unless its the Champions League as the revenue generated by EL or ECL wouldn't be enough to stave off the problems that come with UEFA issuing sanctions once qualified. 

We'd be less ****ed than West Ham, Villa, Newcastle and Everton.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'd be less ****ed than West Ham, Villa, Newcastle and Everton.

Everton will get sponsorship deals via dodgy contacts of usmanov BUT if usmanov has decided to take his ball home because he doesn’t know if he will ever be accepted again in Western Europe then they could be in deep dodo 

West Ham will catch us up next season with their higher PL finish and EL monies.  They have a wide fan base and decent match day income. Their only issue is the dildo brothers want to get their dosh in. 

Newcastle have no issues with a never ending list of sponsorship deals from PIF invested companies

villa - I’m not sure of the commercial background of their v wealthy owners but assume that they will be able to do plenty on that side.

basically, it’s all ‘gerrymanderable’

We know that king power have had a very tough couple years and I would be pretty concerned about our ability to extend that €255m much further than the clubs you’ve quoted (Everton aside for current geopolitical reasons) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There's no doubt that Rooney had a great career but I still look at him and think what might have been. He was basically finished by the age of 30. 

He was already on the decline at 28. Still managed to do better than Michael Owen who was basically done at 25.

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We wouldn't as we're the only one that regularly qualifies for Europe in which these rules then kick in 😂

Tbh it could be a good thing for us in the long run as if we harbour aspirations of qualifying for Europe regularly long-term then we'll have to cut back on sticking shite on 70 grand a week and handing out new contracts every time someone does well for a month.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Tbh it could be a good thing for us in the long-run as if we harbour aspirations of qualifying for Europe regularly long-term then we'll have to cut back on sticking shite on 70 grand a week and handing out new contracts every time someone does well for a month.

Within reason yes but its still difficult to achieve. We've essentially got to create a model where we recruit young and talented players on less wages and then if we remain successful then we have to sell them rather than give them bigger contracts. Or we reward them with bigger contracts but the consequence is that there's less to then use elsewhere. 

We essentially have to be in a position where only the players that have done well for us get the £70-100k a week and then squad players and new players get £30-40k a week. It's not very realistic. 

We absolutely have to get better at recruitment again though and this is further reason to be throwing everything at the improvement and progression of our academy.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Bert said:

I’m not convinced that’s enough to make them number 1 in the world. 

their global support is nowhere near that of real top clubs. Definitely something dodgy going into their books (not that there was any doubt about that)