Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Harry Kane being interviewed on BBC news!..

Needed an interpreter. Couldn't understand a thing he said 😂

A truly rubbish piece of journalism. Offered absolutely no insight into the issues with the World Cup and the questions were just as bad. Dan Roan is toss. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Fuch it - bring back the Super League. Let them go and we'll replace them with top 6 from Championship. 

I think I’m slowly coming round to this. Sick of this bullshit at this point !

Every one of these rules is about preserving the status quo, no matter how well they try and sell you an alternative reason. Make no mistake, that is the priority every time.

Makes you wonder why you bother in all honesty. It's all designed to make what's currently in place as skewed towards certain clubs as possible so that you're more accepting of shit like the super league. It's intentionally damaging the structure in place. Absolutely corrupt to the core.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Chelsea fans can purchase tickets for away matches too. The money will be retained by the away club. 

Chelsea: Club allowed to sell tickets after government alters licence - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60853090

Also Abramovich can still invest 30 million to keep Chelsea going till they get taken over.

https://inews.co.uk/news/roman-abramovichs-company-allowed-inject-30m-chelsea-help-cash-flow-ahead-sale-1536273

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Every one of these rules is about preserving the status quo, no matter how well they try and sell you an alternative reason. Make no mistake, that is the priority every time.

Makes you wonder why you bother in all honesty. It's all designed to make what's currently in place as skewed towards certain clubs as possible so that you're more accepting of shit like the super league. It's intentionally damaging the structure in place. Absolutely corrupt to the core.

It’s worse than that …..the top six want more of the money (both in Europe and domestically) and the league will become even less competitive as a consequence 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Also Abramovich can still invest 30 million to keep Chelsea going till they get taken over.

https://inews.co.uk/news/roman-abramovichs-company-allowed-inject-30m-chelsea-help-cash-flow-ahead-sale-1536273

Strange - no way are they injecting £30m unless they get it back ?   When push comes to shove, will the govt legally be able to stop abramovich’s company from taking their 1.5 billion loan from the purchase funds ??   I know what was said before he was sanctioned but presumably things have now changed ….

9 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I'd legitimately love that 

I think everybody would. 

The uproar from the premier league/fa/uefa/fifa should of forced them to go through with it whilst still banning players from playing for their countries why they're in the super league. Let it be a retirement league. The best players would just go to other clubs in ACTUAL leagues. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

11 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Fuch it - bring back the Super League. Let them go and we'll replace them with top 6 from Championship. 

I'm all for the super League. Let them go and leave proper competitive football to real fans.

They can do their Harlem Globetrotters thing and the rest of us can get on watching footy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

We've played all of the six English clubs that were involved at home this season and I didn't hear a single song digging them out for it. It just goes to show how quickly the whole thing was swept under the carpet and forgotten about. 

There were a few '**** off to your super league' songs but they didn't last long at all. 

3 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

The uproar from the premier league/fa/uefa/fifa should of forced them to go through with it whilst still banning players from playing for their countries why they're in the super league. Let it be a retirement league. The best players would just go to other clubs in ACTUAL leagues. 

Unfortunately, NO.  The best players will go where they've always gone -- where the money is.  And whatever replaces the ESL will still be designed for the purpose of tilting the playing field even more extremely, and permanently, towards the clubs in that cartel.  

The Premier League will quickly become an improved version of the Championship.  A feeder league, from which the best players will be quickly picked off by ESL clubs structurally guaranteed to have incomes 10 times greater.  A PL whose clubs get only scraps of the media attention and revenues which are the fuel needed to run a major football club.

The worldwide media giants now jointly bidding billions for PL media rights will move those bids to the "next ESL".  Some will still pay to show the PL as a niche product -- but only a fraction of the current bids,  because there will be a fraction of the audience.  The big money is in the worldwide casual audience, which will perceive even the major European leagues to be minor leagues, and mostly abandon them.  Some UK/French/Italian fans will do the same.

The financial insecurity of the EFL -- I should say the relative poverty of the EFL, and the desperation, not insecurity, of poorly run clubs -- will move upward and encompass the PL.  Even if there is limited room for promotion/relegation, the revenues in the "next ESL" will by rule go mostly to the permanent franchise clubs.  Why are Barca, Juve, and the US Greedy Six owners so desperate for an ESL?  Because football is hard, even for these knobs who otherwise find making money so easy.  Why should you have to run your club well to maximize your income and buy up all the best players, when you can just close the gates, sit back and collect huge rents?

Some of you like the idea of returning to football of greater "purity" in a PL rid of the Greedy Six (soon to be Seven).  Without having their machinations, their greed constantly in our face.  And that might well create a more enjoyable experience for those who genuinely enjoyed following City in the Championship more than they do today.

But I don't think most of us would like it.  There is no way LCFC would keep its next Jamie Vardy (if we are ever lucky enough to find another) in an ESL world.  Would Youri Tielemans have signed for an LCFC in the Championship?  Would James Maddison or KDH stay at one?  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Unfortunately, NO.  The best players will go where they've always gone -- where the money is.  And whatever replaces the ESL will still be designed for the purpose of tilting the playing field even more extremely, and permanently, towards the clubs in that cartel.  

The Premier League will quickly become an improved version of the Championship.  A feeder league, from which the best players will be quickly picked off by ESL clubs structurally guaranteed to have incomes 10 times greater.  A PL whose clubs get only scraps of the media attention and revenues which are the fuel needed to run a major football club.

The worldwide media giants now jointly bidding billions for PL media rights will move those bids to the "next ESL".  Some will still pay to show the PL as a niche product -- but only a fraction of the current bids,  because there will be a fraction of the audience.  The big money is in the worldwide casual audience, which will perceive even the major European leagues to be minor leagues, and mostly abandon them.  Some UK/French/Italian fans will do the same.

The financial insecurity of the EFL -- I should say the relative poverty of the EFL, and the desperation, not insecurity, of poorly run clubs -- will move upward and encompass the PL.  Even if there is limited room for promotion/relegation, the revenues in the "next ESL" will by rule go mostly to the permanent franchise clubs.  Why are Barca, Juve, and the US Greedy Six owners so desperate for an ESL?  Because football is hard, even for these knobs who otherwise find making money so easy.  Why should you have to run your club well to maximize your income and buy up all the best players, when you can just close the gates, sit back and collect huge rents?

Some of you like the idea of returning to football of greater "purity" in a PL rid of the Greedy Six (soon to be Seven).  Without having their machinations, their greed constantly in our face.  And that might well create a more enjoyable experience for those who genuinely enjoyed following City in the Championship more than they do today.

But I don't think most of us would like it.  There is no way LCFC would keep its next Jamie Vardy (if we are ever lucky enough to find another) in an ESL world.  Would Youri Tielemans have signed for an LCFC in the Championship?  Would James Maddison or KDH stay at one?  

I have always felt the Super League was financially dodgy: They didn't even have a broadcaster lined up! And the ones they were talking about were smaller fry that were going to bet the bank on the Super League, and probably lose. Think Ligue 1 and the collapse of the Chinese TV deal. At the same time, there is already a pseudo-Super League: The Premier League! The main problem in England is that there is a Big 6. Which means there will always be someone missing out on Champions League. I think this has been the driving force for the English teams, even more so than the theoretical possibility of relegation (although if Everton gets the drop, I could see it causing some sweating in the Big 6 board rooms. Yes, Everton doesn't have the same financial clout, but it certainly shouldn't be doing as poorly as it is, given its finances.)

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

I think you're right up until the last paragraph. If we did find another vardy and kept him for 5/6 seasons what would we achieve in this proposed new set up? 7th a few times? Maybe 5th or 6th if some of the SKY6 had a dodgy year. Now if the "super" clubs effed off we may only keep this vardy esque player 2/3 seasons but we actually stand a chance of winning the top English league in that time. I'd happily take that trade off.

Edited by Gubbins

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

We're a country very much in the minority that picks clubs over country. 

On 23/03/2022 at 09:31, StanSP said:

Vieira still defines what a complete midfielder is for me, especially in this Country.

Strong, good in the air, good at winning the ball back, box to box, scored goals, great leader.

Top player.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3