Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Having been in games where a sin bin rule is introduced I honestly found it made the situation worse 

There's no perfect solution when players in any team game want to misbehave

The difficulty for officialdom is how do they protect the integrity of the game where players misbehave while still trying to unsure that the game is not totally destroyed for the Fans enjoyment as happens to often when someone is sent off.

We know for experience that Teams very often take of an Attacking player to be replaced by a defender iand go into defensive mode n an effort to get a Draw or better.

A short timeout giving a player a chance to cool down is the lesser of the Evils. 

I think a serious of timeouts would help in this area without destroying the rest of the game for the Fans.

It always amazes how little say and influence Fans have within the game and yet without them their would be no football of note.

After all it's an entertainment business.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Got to be a wind up surely. As deluded as certain fans of all clubs can be, that's just taking the piss! 

Almost as deluded as Arsenal fans thinking they will sign Haaland 

Burnley wanted to sign Victor Moses from Spartak Moscow but the Premier league refused to sanction a move .

Seems to differ in various countries.

Spain allow it but not Germany or Italy .

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11708/12575394/victor-moses-premier-league-blocks-burnleys-bid-to-bring-spartak-moscow-player-back-from-russia

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Honestly a 10 minute sin bin for that sort of thing would be perfect.  Stuff that’s outside of the regular game, ie abusing the ref not for challenges. Same could be said for squaring up and pushing and shoving etc.  (Would have been nice if bergwign had been after his shove in Soyuncu)

Tried watching the Tigers but was refused entry due to sub standard hamper.  Therefore I dont know how the sin bin works in practice but will footballers play cricket with rugby codes?

I can imagine that 10 minutes being like added time now.

Cramps, head injuries, nasty brushed arm traumas and Garry Kasparov considered throw ins? (the chess player not Chelsea loanee)

30 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Burnley wanted to sign Victor Moses from Spartak Moscow but the Premier league refused to sanction a move .

Seems to differ in various countries.

Spain allow it but not Germany or Italy .

https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11708/12575394/victor-moses-premier-league-blocks-burnleys-bid-to-bring-spartak-moscow-player-back-from-russia

Seems Premier league have blocked it on “sporting integrity“ terms but it’s not like Burnley are being given special treatment over the other teams as the others have the option to do it as well 

18 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We'll never see it but I would love to see Rudiger do that in a game where Wasilewski has just committed a foul against Chelsea. 

On a protected football pitch with hand bags as chosen weapons, he would have.   My Nan squared up to Giant Haystacks 

19 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

There's no perfect solution when players in any team game want to misbehave

The difficulty for officialdom is how do they protect the integrity of the game where players misbehave while still trying to unsure that the game is not totally destroyed for the Fans enjoyment as happens to often when someone is sent off.

We know for experience that Teams very often take of an Attacking player to be replaced by a defender iand go into defensive mode n an effort to get a Draw or better.

A short timeout giving a player a chance to cool down is the lesser of the Evils. 

I think a serious of timeouts would help in this area without destroying the rest of the game for the Fans.

It always amazes how little say and influence Fans have within the game and yet without them their would be no football of note.

After all it's an entertainment business.

If the refs used their cards correctly, it would all end. The integrity of the game would survive the month of 10 v. 7 games before players learned the lesson and stopped messing around.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

If the refs used their cards correctly, it would all end. The integrity of the game would survive the month of 10 v. 7 games before players learned the lesson and stopped messing around.

Laws seem to be introduced and then cancelled or ignored after a month or so, whatever happened to stopping quick free kicks every team now has someone who obstructs and the refs ignore it. Is it no longer a law, forgotten or ignored? 

Goalies taking ages to clear the ball, players advancing 10 plus yards on throw ins.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, turlo said:

Almost as deluded as Arsenal fans thinking they will sign Haaland 

I remember after Steve Walsh joined Everton, and their fans thought they were going to secure a double deal and get Mahrez and Vardy 🤣

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well you are top of one league - by quite some way!

Even more interesting is the answers to owners considered the least threatening to English football. Ourselves and Wolves are at the bottom whom are both owned by foreign parties yet the over-riding theme of the survey seems to be the rejection of oligarch/state ownership.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah I'm not sure why we are so low when we have owners who took us from 15th in the Championship, to consecutive 7th place Prem finishes and Europa League QFs as soon as we got promoted. 

I assume they mean threatening as in wanting to change the structure …….

your owners are very low profile 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Even more interesting is the answers to owners considered the least threatening to English football. Ourselves and Wolves are at the bottom whom are both owned by foreign parties yet the over-riding theme of the survey seems to be the rejection of oligarch/state ownership.

I guess people see you guys run by harmless owners from countries that aren't run with dodgy regimes and bankrolled by the state.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah I'm not sure why we are so low when we have owners who took us from 15th in the Championship, to consecutive 7th place Prem finishes and Europa League QFs as soon as we got promoted. 

Was a strange one - maybe whoever voted didn't like the Jorge Mendes connection? 

Guess we are bottom as the Pozzos never give managers time - doubt anyone cares what else  they do at our club.

Edited by Super_horns

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

I guess people see you guys run by harmless owners from countries that aren't run with dodgy regimes and bankrolled by the state.

Well you say that….. 

Thailand’s situation isn’t that audible to the West but I’m sure if it was, the impression wouldn’t be so good 

• Like 4