Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Apparently they’ve already agreed with the PL that they will receive  no sanctions ….

Incredible. I'm gutted Palace battered them in QF, would have been hilarious to see them qualify for Europe and immediately breach many financial protocols on their past spending.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

And that loss figure doesn't include £190m of debt written off by their owner in that time too.

Moshiri needs a ceasefire and peace agreement as much as zelensky !  He is sh1tting himself because he really is just usmanov’s front man ….allegedly …….. btw, this isn’t just my opinion ……. …….

Edited by st albans fox

If the refs were mic’d up the players they would behave better after a short time, the refs would ‘possibly’ give a bit more thought to their decisions and everyone watching would have a much better understanding of the key moments.

Fail to understand why it’s ok for other sorts but not football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LestaAl said:

If the refs were mic’d up the players they would behave better after a short time, the refs would ‘possibly’ give a bit more thought to their decisions and everyone watching would have a much better understanding of the key moments.

Fail to understand why it’s ok for other sorts but not football.

Cos football fans do like a bit of effin and jeffin, more so than most sports....possibly....(excludes hockey)

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pathetic. Boo hoo little Harry can’t stand a few boos. This sort of reaction completely kills condemnation of far more disgusting abuse 

Hes clearly been really affected by it. His agent has been calling out paddy Power. I think sadly it demonstrates why he's not cut out to be a top level player - you have to be a bit of a mad man, Keane got dogs abuse at every ground in the country and it never bothered him (including abuse from his own fans and manager).

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Pathetic. Boo hoo little Harry can’t stand a few boos. This sort of reaction completely kills condemnation of far more disgusting abuse 

Would you feel the same if it was your son, bother etc? 

You ever tried to do your job with thousands of people booing you? 

Sometimes you have to deal with the thin edge of the wedge to stop the serious, unpleasant stuff. 

Edited by coolhandfox

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Would you feel the same if it was your son, bother etc? 

You ever tried to do your job with thousands of people booing you? 

Sometimes you have to deal with the thin edge of the wedge to stop the serious, unpleasant stuff. 

Personally I’d rather Kane or Henderson just say it’s a section of idiots rather than some PR guff because it drifts the conversation away from outright abuse rather than just pantomime booing. 

I’m saddened that the same players and clubs were not as vocal when Rashford and Sterling have been subject to detestable abuse in an England shirt. 

Big H can’t accept he’s in duff form and getting a bit of stick for it. It’s part of the job. Some players thrive within. Kane does for one. Use it as a source to shut them up. This was the type of ‘abuse’ which has gone for years on years. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Personally I’d rather Kane or Henderson just say it’s a section of idiots rather than some PR guff because it drifts the conversation away from outright abuse rather than just pantomime booing.

I agree, or Southgate.

I’m saddened that the same players and clubs were not as vocal when Rashford and Sterling have been subject to detestable abuse in an England shirt. 

Me too, football need to be will to deal with it in a robust and meaningful way.

Big H can’t accept he’s in duff form and getting a bit of stick for it. It’s part of the job. Some players thrive within. Kane does for one. Use it as a source to shut them up.

This was a England game, he international form has been pretty solid to be far, why would England fan care about his club form. 

This was the type of ‘abuse’ which has gone for years on years. 

Racism, sexism etc has existent for 100s of years, does make that right or this.

By the way don't take this as attack, it just interesting to debate 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

One thing I'd probably suggest first is "son, stop being smug everytime you score a goal, putting your fingers in your ears as if to shut people up when you're playing poorly week in week out probably won't go down well".

I don't think that the reason he's getting stick, as a nation we love building sports people up and then knocking them back down.

Was just having a nose on Grand Old Team, and they are decent if defeated bunch. Although one thing struck me, that despite their shocking form, they seem rarely to blame the manager, but usually the players. This isn’t a pro-Rodgers post, but we clearly prefer the bash-the-manager stance, so I  just wondered why that is? it’s not like Everton have had especially likeable managers.

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree, or Southgate.

Me too, football need to be will to deal with it in a robust and meaningful way.

This was a England game, he international form has been pretty solid to be far, why would England fan care about his club form. 

Racism, sexism etc has existent for 100s of years, does make that right or this.

By the way don't take this as attack, it just interesting to debate 

I don't think that the reason he's getting stick, as a nation we love building sports people up and then knocking them back down.

At his last England game, he made it an issue - he was getting criticised in the press for his domestic form, he then decided to do a cupping ear gesture to a Wembley crowd (at least 50% of those crowds are regular goers because of how the cap system works) that has largely been his biggest fans since the World Cup in 2018. 

This 'abuse' was the playground type of stuff where opposition fans boo a player cos he dived against them, or he used to play for them. There's not an ugly motive behind. That's why this clamour to protect Maguire is OTT. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was just having a nose on Grand Old Team, and they are decent if defeated bunch. Although one thing struck me, that despite their shocking form, they seem rarely to blame the manager, but usually the players. This isn’t a pro-Rodgers post, but we clearly prefer the bash-the-manager stance, so I  just wondered why that is? it’s not like Everton have had especially likeable managers.

Probably because our players HAVE been good last season and the season before. They don’t just suddenly become not good enough as Rodgers claimed. 

That, and it’s easier to replace one man than 23.

I dunno?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Probably because our players HAVE been good last season and the season before. They don’t just suddenly become not good enough as Rodgers claimed. 

That, and it’s easier to replace one man than 23.

I dunno?

Yeah, it’s a fair point. When we have been so good, when it goes bad who should we blame? (Is the counter argument I guess)

Maguire was decent for us when he was here but he achieved nothing. I give players like mahrez a pass because he was outstanding when he was here and contributed a lot towards our greatest ever achievement. What did maguire do other than be slightly above average for a season and then slightly below average the season after? Don't wish him ill but also couldn't give a toss what sort of abuse he gets. Indifferent beyond a slight tinge of sod him.