Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Maguire was decent for us when he was here but he achieved nothing. I give players like mahrez a pass because he was outstanding when he was here and contributed a lot towards our greatest ever achievement. What did maguire do other than be slightly above average for a season and then slightly below average the season after? Don't wish him ill but also couldn't give a toss what sort of abuse he gets. Indifferent beyond a slight tinge of sod him. 

If you're an England fan then I'd imagine you wouldn't want him abused with the shifts he's put in in our shirt. If he gets abused at united I don't care, it's slightly justified 

32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was just having a nose on Grand Old Team, and they are decent if defeated bunch. Although one thing struck me, that despite their shocking form, they seem rarely to blame the manager, but usually the players. This isn’t a pro-Rodgers post, but we clearly prefer the bash-the-manager stance, so I  just wondered why that is? it’s not like Everton have had especially likeable managers.

They've just changed manager and they gave Rafa pelters so maybe that's why the targets moved to players now. Because they're still abit crap. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, I don't understand the arbitrary hate for players that leave anyway. 

Probably the player that did us the absolute dirtiest since we've been back in the Premier League is the one player that's left that I think still gets routinely applauded with not a hint of boo? 

Ngolo Kante made a big deal about dragging is heels not wanting to sign for us, then signed with a low ball release clause, then immediately left to the first club that met it regardless of the fact we were in the Champions League that coming season and they weren't.

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually resent him going to advance his career and clearly the move was good for him but he behaved far more mercenary than Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater or Mahrez and yet all of those get varying levels of abuse. 

Chilwell and Maguire in particular I just don't understand why they're so wildly heckled. We wanted to sell them, we made an absolute fortune off selling them and we were able to buy better players for cheaper. The deals were good for both them and us. 

Chilwell is a Leicester academy product that's won the Champions League and played for England in a major tournament. We should be proud of that. Why exactly does he get booed? Cos he's got a bit of a campy hair do and some Millwall nobody claimed he was scared to take a throw in once? 

Idk. Neither Chilwell or Maguire get in our best 11, it's literally no loss. What people mad at them for? It's just weird. Our fanbase sing so many songs and do so much dumb stuff that seems like they just think it's what football fans are meant to do. Like, why on Earth do they sing Leicester Reject at Kane? It doesn't make any sense, he was on loan? Idgi. 

Kante can’t be hated. He won the league for us. You just can’t give him grief even if you wanted to. 

Mahrez was a magician for us and personally I’ve never booed him and never would. He’s one of our best ever players. 

Maguire and chilwell both won nothing here and at times were utterly dreadful, especially chilwell in that last season and then he openly came out and said how he was dying to go to Chelsea and was telling the players mid season. Did many other interviews like that as well, famously before the cup final. Maguire and his brother were both absolute c**** when he left too about he’s going to win trophies and this and that but he never actually did much for us at all. 

That’s my take anyway and I’ll take great pleasure in booing him Saturday again. Worked at the KP to our advantage 

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be honest, I don't understand the arbitrary hate for players that leave anyway. 

Probably the player that did us the absolute dirtiest since we've been back in the Premier League is the one player that's left that I think still gets routinely applauded with not a hint of boo? 

Ngolo Kante made a big deal about dragging is heels not wanting to sign for us, then signed with a low ball release clause, then immediately left to the first club that met it regardless of the fact we were in the Champions League that coming season and they weren't.

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually resent him going to advance his career and clearly the move was good for him but he behaved far more mercenary than Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater or Mahrez and yet all of those get varying levels of abuse. 

Chilwell and Maguire in particular I just don't understand why they're so wildly heckled. We wanted to sell them, we made an absolute fortune off selling them and we were able to buy better players for cheaper. The deals were good for both them and us. 

Chilwell is a Leicester academy product that's won the Champions League and played for England in a major tournament. We should be proud of that. Why exactly does he get booed? Cos he's got a bit of a campy hair do and some Millwall nobody claimed he was scared to take a throw in once? 

Idk. Neither Chilwell or Maguire get in our best 11, it's literally no loss. What people mad at them for? It's just weird. Our fanbase sing so many songs and do so much dumb stuff that seems like they just think it's what football fans are meant to do. Like, why on Earth do they sing Leicester Reject at Kane? It doesn't make any sense, he was on loan? Idgi. 

I don't get overly worked up over ex players but Chilwell openly admitted he was discussing in training whilst with us about going to play with Thiago Silva, not sure his head was really in it as we missed out on top 4 (probably my only issue with him)

Wasn't part of the reason for Kante dragging his heels due to us not having a manager? Additionally do you think Kante demanded the release clause, doubt he had much to do with it and was probably put in place by his agent, same with the move to Chelsea I'm not going to begrudge anyone making a move that could set them and their family up for life. 

I don’t think that many people were bothered about Maguire leaving until his weirdo brother started piping up on Twitter. 

I enjoy it when he makes a big fvck up as you just know his brother will keep quiet. Yet when he has a good game or scores his family are all over social media retweeting, liking and quoting every bit of praise under the sun about him. 

Also when he got his move to Man Utd the first few days were like he was competition winner getting a guided tour of the stadium.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

One thing I'd probably suggest first is "son, stop being smug everytime you score a goal, putting your fingers in your ears as if to shut people up when you're playing poorly week in week out probably won't go down well".

"And also stop your brother from acting up every time you don't pull an absolute stinker".

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I don’t think that many people were bothered about Maguire leaving until his weirdo brother started piping up on Twitter. 

I enjoy it when he makes a big fvck up as you just know his brother will keep quiet. Yet when he has a good game or scores his family are all over social media retweeting, liking and quoting every bit of praise under the sun about him. 

Also when he got his move to Man Utd the first few days were like he was competition winner getting a guided tour of the stadium.

Spot on, on all fronts. Please if you’re leaving our club, just do it with respect and don’t operate with a big ****ing chip on your shoulder. That’s why people think he’s a twat versus Kante for example.

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes clearly been really affected by it. His agent has been calling out paddy Power. I think sadly it demonstrates why he's not cut out to be a top level player - you have to be a bit of a mad man, Keane got dogs abuse at every ground in the country and it never bothered him (including abuse from his own fans and manager).

Difference with Keane is he knew he was the bolloaks. Maguire just isn’t at the level. 

All things considered I still think that it's our duty to put off opposition players as much as we can. Especially if they used to play for us and if they can't take it all the better.

We can be nice to them after the full time whistle but while the game is on they're fair game.

Yep, we were a career move and I have no problem with that given there was no temper tantrums nor histrionics involved. He turned up and did his job, and some. We were privileged to have him; a model pro and a decent bloke - honest as the day is long, as they say.

31 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Kante never wanted to be here though he was basically on loan for a year he was always going to be off at the first opportunity think we should just be thankful we got a year out of him and he worked his balls off while he was here and won us the league. 

Which was bizarre as he was 24/25 and no club bigger than us were even remotely interested in him. Marseille had a brief look but weren't willing to pay above about £3m for him.

It was a hugely bolshy stance from Kante's representatives for a very shy and unassuming player who although clearly world class in the making and ambitious, had shown very little in the way of being high maintenance. 

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't actually resent him going to advance his career and clearly the move was good for him but he behaved far more mercenary than Chilwell, Maguire, Drinkwater or Mahrez

There were reports about unsavory types in Kante’s inner circle, including an incident of assault which he denied.

N'Golo Kante has denied being told to sack his agent in Paris by a man with a gun in March 2017. 

French investigative website Mediapart (h/t Sean Ingle of the Guardian) reported that Kante was confronted by brothers Rachid and Houari Saadna in the suburb of Paris where the midfielder was brought up.

Rachid had reportedly acted as an adviser to Kante in his move to Chelsea from Leicester City in 2016, but the Frenchman's main agent, Abdelkarim Douis, had not shared any of the €4.8 million commission with him.

Mediapart said it had a recording in which Rachid hinted his brother had a gun during the exchange, and Houari told Kante: "I give you the choice. You work with a lawyer and you stop working with the other. Listen, I'm not kidding. Either you resolve the problem or I kill Karim Douis, period."

Kante denied the threats but did acknowledge a meeting took place with the Saadna brothers: "I find your question tendentious. I am a football professional, I do not live in a world of thugs. You take me for an immature person. Know that I am responsible, I make my choices freely and in conscience."

Kante, 28, moved to Chelsea after just a season with Leicester.

None of this would ever be proven, but I believe Kante was being “advised” by people who had attached themselves to him as their meal ticket and would push until they got fed.  He’s an unassertive, go-along-to-get-along type and this is a common story for players from his background.  I’ve zero doubt his representatives wanted to cash in early and often, and demanded an immediate and lucrative move. So I don't put his one-and-done at LCFC entirely on him.

Edited by KingsX

46 minutes ago, KingsX said:

There were reports about unsavory types in Kante’s inner circle, including an incident of assault which he denied.

N'Golo Kante has denied being told to sack his agent in Paris by a man with a gun in March 2017. 

French investigative website Mediapart (h/t Sean Ingle of the Guardian) reported that Kante was confronted by brothers Rachid and Houari Saadna in the suburb of Paris where the midfielder was brought up.

Rachid had reportedly acted as an adviser to Kante in his move to Chelsea from Leicester City in 2016, but the Frenchman's main agent, Abdelkarim Douis, had not shared any of the €4.8 million commission with him.

Mediapart said it had a recording in which Rachid hinted his brother had a gun during the exchange, and Houari told Kante: "I give you the choice. You work with a lawyer and you stop working with the other. Listen, I'm not kidding. Either you resolve the problem or I kill Karim Douis, period."

Kante denied the threats but did acknowledge a meeting took place with the Saadna brothers: "I find your question tendentious. I am a football professional, I do not live in a world of thugs. You take me for an immature person. Know that I am responsible, I make my choices freely and in conscience."

None of this would ever be proven, but I believe Kante was being “advised” by people who had attached themselves to him as their meal ticket and would push until they got fed.  He’s an unassertive, go-along-to-get-along type and this is a common story for players from his background.  I’ve zero doubt his representatives wanted to cash in early and often, and demanded an immediate and lucrative move. So I don't put his one-and-done at LCFC entirely on him.

I always got the feeling we were just there to prove he could make it in the PL and the move to Chelsea was part of his agreement to come to LCFC hence the buyout clause. This got complicated as Chelsea were expected to make the CL qualification easily.

I've no doubt there are plenty of shenanigans around a lot of transfers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

His advisors were on the pitch with other players family members after the Everton game. If you have Tony Soprano around the dressing room, a sell on clause for even your best player gotta be a good thing