Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

11 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Jesus. What should not be forgotten is that your 'played to 50%' is an assertion, not a fact.

My recollection of that season is of most of the players having a similar dip in form and Mahrez himself being double or even triple marked by the opposition

After winning footballer of the year , which he probably deserved , although Vardy might think differently, he disappeared up his own backside. It is true he wasn't the only one who got carried away with themselves but he was the worst. I , personally , like players who respect themselves and their teammates enough to always do the best they can even if it doesn't come off. Kante is one of those players. I don't think Maguire,who is far less talented than Mahrez , ever went missing in a match , and I still respect him for that.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, marbles said:

He was magic until he decided he didnt want to be here.

You get him back tomorrow, and the next day he's back at the airport.  Would you still be happy?

He was too good for us, which you openly accepted yourself for Kante. This is the point people are making - why is it ok for people to appreciate that about Kante, but not Mahrez.

My memory also is that after missing a couple of games in that January transfer window, he was very good and professional for us this season.

Youre concentrating on the 16-17 season, but Mahrez was actually excellent for us in 17-18, so it’s not like he didn’t ever do it for us again -

12 goals and 10 assists in 34 league starts in 17-18 is pretty damned phenomenal in Claude Puel’s defensive mid-table side.

Mahrez has been brilliant the past couple of seasons and most ManCity fans will tell you he’s their most undroppable player right now and and could well win ManCity’s player of the season this season.

Edited by Sampson

7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He was too good for us, which you openly accepted yourself for Kante. This is the point people are making - why is it ok for people to appreciate that about Kante, but not Mahrez.

My memory also is that after missing a couple of games in that January transfer window, he was very good and professional for us this season.

Mahrez has been brilliant the past couple of seasons and most ManCity fans will tell you he’s their most undroppable player right now and and could well win ManCity’s player of the season this season.

As I said. Kante was professional.  He did his job, so I have no problems with him moving on and wanting him to succeed.

Mahrez on the other hand became a disruption.  He wouldn't train.  Sat at an airport.  Forced a trade, then took a shot at us after leaving.  None of that equates to being a "professional" 

How is that the same as what Kante did?  

Edited by marbles

8 minutes ago, marbles said:

As I said. Kante was professional.  He did his job, so I have no problems with him moving on and wanting him to succeed.

Mahrez on the other hand became a disruption.  He wouldn't train.  Sat at an airport.  Forced a trade, then took a shot at us after leaving.  

How is that the same as Kante?  

Because he missed 2 games and he was phenomenal that season!

And it absolutely didn’t effect our results or disrupt us that season at all.

It’s such a small weird thing to push a player whose given us hundreds of hours of some of the greatest displays ever seen in a Leicester shirt to straight out hatred for sitting out 2 games.

It’s so childish. It’s like hating your mother when you’re 7 years old because she asked you to clean your room once 4 years ago, ignoring all the love and nurturing and good times you’ve had together.

Edited by Sampson

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Youre concentrating on the 16-17 season, but Mahrez was actually excellent for us in 17-18, so it’s not like he didn’t ever do it for us again -

12 goals and 10 assists in 34 league starts in 17-18 is pretty damned phenomenal in Claude Puel’s defensive mid-table side.

Nobody has ever questioned his ability , just his character. The mystery to me is why did he not show that ability from a young age , probably character again. Maguire is a patchy player , a decent attacking threat but an average defender , most observers know that. He is on the whole though a nice enough bloke, for a footballer.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Because it was for like 2 weeks and he was phenomenal that season!

And it absolutely didn’t effect our results or disrupt us that season at all.

It’s such a small weird thing to push a player whose given us hundreds of hours of some of the greatest displays ever seen in a Leicester shirt to straight out hatred for sitting out 2 games.

It’s so childish. It’s like hating your mother when your 7 years old because she asked you to clean your room, ignoring all the love and nurturing and good times you’ve had together.

Very strange analogy, that really isnt equal to the discussion.

An equal one would be your mother nurturing you for 7 years, and then suddenly packing her bags and leaving.  Then tells you that you were holding her back - ignoring all the love she had for you, and vice versa.

and you are right, it was 2 weeks.  

2 weeks of a temper tantrum that Kante did not have - that why Kante is 1000% more of a man than Mahrez will ever be.

Edited by marbles

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Nobody has ever questioned his ability , just his character. 

some people are having a hard time of differentiating between the two.

He is a great player, but a miserable human being.

Edited by marbles

I welcome the 5 subs rule but I do think at least 1 has to be an academy player. I don't think as it stands that it will cause too much adverse difference to the chasing pack, this has now been happening in cup games and Europe for the last 2+ years and we still won the FA Cup. I suppose had it only been 3 subs still we'd not have blown that League Cup QF vs Liverpool, so actually hahahaaa!

8 minutes ago, marbles said:

Very strange analogy, that really isnt equal to the discussion.

An equal one would be your mother nurturing you for 7 years, and then suddenly packing her bags and leaving.  Then tells you that you were holding her back - ignoring all the love she had for you, and vice versa.

and you are right, it was 2 weeks.  

2 weeks of a temper tantrum that Kante did not have - that why Kante is 1000% more of a man than Mahrez will ever be.

He didn’t have to because Kante had a release clause though. If Mahrez had demanded a release clause in his contract which allowed him to leave earlier at half his value would’ve you had felt the same?

4 minutes ago, marbles said:

some people are having a hard time of differentiating between the two.

He is a great player, but a miserable human being.

****ing hell. You really know him well enough to make a judgement on him as a complete human being?

Because he tried to leave his job in a way you didn’t like he’s a “miserable human being”?

That’s pretty unbelievably ****ing strong and thats pretty unbelievably  ****ing low.

Edited by Sampson

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Kante is a model professional who gives all he has got every time he turns out for France or Chelsea , like he did for us. Mahrez is a gifted footballer and an unlikeable little p***k. The season after we won the title he played to 50% of his capabilities when others like Wes , Christian and Marc were busting a gut. That should not be forgotten.

That's a lie.

They were all shit bar probably Kasper and Drinkwater.

Mind you, a Mahrez at 50% would still walk into that team and any of our teams since.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He didn’t have to because Kante had a release clause though. If Mahrez had demanded a release clause in his contract which allowed him to leave earlier at half his value would’ve you had felt the same?

****ing hell. You really know him well enough to make a judgement on him as a human being? That’s pretty ****ing low.

If Mahrez had a release clause, did his job and left at the end of the season with Kante - I would have no issues.

Why are you struggling with the difference between how the two did business?

and please dont be a drama queen.

We all pass judgments on others.  You're doing it with me, and we have never met or spoken. 

Edited by marbles

7 minutes ago, marbles said:

If Mahrez had a release clause, did his job and left at the end of the season with Kante - I would have no issues.

Why are you struggling with the difference between how the two did business?

and please dont be a drama queen.

We all pass judgments on others.  You're doing it with me, and we have never met or spoken. 

Where have I made judgements on you? I said your opinion was childish, nothing about your character at all. You’re right I don’t know you,  so I wouldn’t judge you as a human being.

How am I being a drama queen? You literally called someone “a miserable human being” because you didn’t like the way they tried to leave their job when they had the chance at a better opportunity elsewhere.

That is a pretty ****ing strong and dramatic and a pretty ****ing brutal and low thing to say about a person for pretty insignificant reasons. Footballers are just employers doing jobs like everyone else, football isn’t their life. Most have friends and family which are much more important to them than their job like anyone else. I wouldn’t judge someone’s entire character on what they do in their job or career.

Edited by Sampson

15 minutes ago, marbles said:

It’s not really that relevant to me what sort of men Mahrez and Kante are. We don’t know either of them personally.

My only real interest is what they contributed at Leicester. Both should be remembered as amongst our very best. 

I get quite parochial about these things and I’m not interested in celebrating their achievements at Man City or Chelsea or how or why they made their later career decisions. So my only point of reference for Kante was one season - as glorious as that one season might have been 

Out of curiosity - and I know its far form being the same thing, but a few of you have basically said "its what he does on the pitch that matters".

If that's the case, would you still cheer him if he was the one accused of cat abuse? 

I'm just trying to understand if you will ignore everything related to character if the player performs.

If you will draw the line, where is it?  Abuse?  Sexual assault? Murder?

Again, I know he was never accused of anything like mentioned, and I certainly am not trying to hint that he was.  Im just curious about the mindset of those who say that his performance is all that matters

Edited by marbles

Mahrez said and did some idiotic things to leave leicester. But he still played a pivotal role in winning the league so he should be forgiven. I'd like to think he looks back on his time here fondly and would absolutley have him back any day. 

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

People don't like mahrez but do like maguire. My heads exploded. 

Refusal to play upsets folk. 

It's a personal response set against what we'd be doing in that situation. 

Also Mahrez is a bit of a whopper ain't he? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Refusal to play upsets folk. 

It's a personal response set against what we'd be doing in that situation. 

Also Mahrez is a bit of a whopper ain't he? 

According to his cleaner he is, yeah! 

Maguire has been very disrespectful towards us since he left though, and he didn't really do a lot when he was here and is being found out big time at Yanited. Mahrez is tearing it up at Man City after being borderline world class when he was here. He's given me so many brilliant memories he could butcher a family of 5 tomorrow and I'll still smile when I think of that step over away at Man City. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Maguire has been very disrespectful towards us since he left though, and he didn't really do a lot when he was here and is being found out big time at Yanited. Mahrez is tearing it up at Man City after being borderline world class when he was here. He's given me so many brilliant memories he could butcher a family of 5 tomorrow and I'll still smile when I think of that step over away at Man City. 

Haha fair enough. 

Mahrez equally disrespectful but you're dead right. He's the real deal at City. 

3 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

How has Maguire been disrespectful? Because his brother makes comments on twitter retaliating to the way our fans treat his brother? 

Or seen anything from him personally doing anything remotely insulting towards us. Nor have I heard him  one out and slate us the way riyad has