Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I just feel like no one will pay palace the money they want, could be a london club like Arsenal who get him for free in the end. 

I've just had a quick look. He's got 2 years left to run on his deal, but he signed it in 2018.

So this is really the last summer they'll be able to get decent money for him.

To be fair to Palace, if Eze continues his progress, maybe losing Zaha wouldn't be the end of the world. 

That sounds slightly contradictory to what I've said, but I still think they'll struggle.

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I've just had a quick look. He's got 2 years left to run on his deal, but he signed it in 2018.

To be fair to Palace, if Eze continues his progress, maybe losing Zaha wouldn't be the end of the world. 

That sounds slightly contradictory to what I've said, but I still think they'll struggle.

Eze is probably out till the back end of the year …..

I do feel slightly that Palace have run their course in the league. Viera is such an untested appointment. I'd argue even Scott Parker would have been a better choice. Hodgson leaving and all their player contracts ending is a problem of their own making.

They should have got in touch with Howe six months ago and said "what does your two year plan for us look like?"

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

They’ve got olise now as well. I think I’d want us to sell if we were in the same situation. 

I genuinely think he will flop wherever he ends up. He gets away with being inconsistent for palace but wouldn’t get that free pass at a top club 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

They’ve got olise now as well. I think I’d want us to sell if we were in the same situation. 

I genuinely think he will flop wherever he ends up. He gets away with being inconsistent for palace but wouldn’t get that free pass at a top club 

He's already had his big move and flopped massively.

He's also switched international allegiance because he basically wasn't good enough.

Kind of sums him up.

Arsenal or West Ham will be the type of destination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd agree, he can become one of the best keepers in the county. Considering Sheff United is probably the 2nd best club in Yorkshire currently. 

He's a poor keeper imo 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

So this man City stuff.....anyone not thinking we might get champions league? The evidence is fairly damning.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Read on Sky News that there's a plan in October to allow double-vaccinated people to attend games.

Not sure why this can't be introduced from the season start tbh.

Covered this in other threads …..not all adults will be double jabbed before mid September  and then add two weeks  ….

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

So this man City stuff.....anyone not thinking we might get champions league? The evidence is fairly damning.

No chance - can’t see any authority giving Man City a big sanction cos they wont be able to afford the court cases that follow ….

From what I read, a lot of the worst stuff was many years ago - I wonder if there is a time limit under the premier league rules …..

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf the Palace spending could well be a classic example of spending the money from your star player before you sell him to keep the prices down. Very possible it's all getting financed by Zahas departure. 

That ship has sailed, their best hope was £45m or something from Everton. No big 6 team will touch him and Everton are now signing muck instead. Villa possibly the only other team daft enough to pay a big fee but Palace have missed the boat. Will leave for £20m next summer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Even in the very remote case that they actually did ban them, it would be for next season and not for the current one. So we’re bang out of luck 

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Vieira will be sacked by New Year and Palace will end up going down.

Absolutely nothing will happen to Man City, no punishment except maybe a financial one.

My two predictions.

Hardly sticking your neck out, Leicesterdamus lol

• Haha 4

Just now, The People's Hero said:

The PL and FA don't know what to think yet. They are waiting for MCFC to tell them.

Scary though. We bitch about the so called Big 6, which isn't a thing, apart from in Sky's mind. 

Brentford are sitting there like "Fvck Leicester, how can they afford to spend so much"

We're a big dog now lol