Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 hours ago, CloudFox said:

He doesn't have it in a firm grasp, no, but he's clearly grabbing it. Watkins can nick it away, but him running into Sa isn't a foul by Sa.

I'm not saying its a foul, but he's at most got his finger tips to the ball, it's still their for Watkins to win. Had he got the palms of both hands to the ball you'd have a point, but he hasn't grabbed it at all, he about to, but he hasn't at the point Watkins gets a toe on it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The Graham Potter hype seems to have been hit by a huge skid mark, what a complete and utter shock. Honking team, mediocre manager and they should be liquidated.

WE'RE ALL POTTER!!

I dont understand how a team that creates more chances in one game than we manage in about 10 isnt storing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

WE'RE ALL POTTER!!

I dont understand how a team that creates more chances in one game than we manage in about 10 isnt storing 

Neal Maupay that's why. One minute he can look like a cross between Ronaldo and Messi, scoring the most ridiculous goals, next he's missing the the easiest chance you've ever seen. He misses so many chances he should score, and they create so much for him.

16 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Apparently Brighton not scored since 5th March and not at home since January. 

Like I know a lot say well they can’t afford a striker but that’s surely a major issue which lies deeper. They’ve been like this repeatedly now under Potter 

Brighton get these terrible runs every season and potter seems powerless to do much . They are fortunate they got some good results early in the season -

incredible that we coughed up 4 points to them

21 hours ago, frakenfox said:

Burnley really are rubbish.

Burnley are doomed , selling Wood was a massive mistake as they were always a goal threat with him in the side . McNeil has been poor most of the season and Weghorst is a joke of a player- a poor man’s Trevor Benjamin 

7 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Burnley are doomed , selling Wood was a massive mistake as they were always a goal threat with him in the side . McNeil has been poor most of the season and Weghorst is a joke of a player- a poor man’s Trevor Benjamin 

Burnley, watford and Norwich....

Conspire to allow everton a chance

10 minutes ago, surrifox said:

He had a release clause! (Sound familiar ;) ) so little they could do about it. Shrewd business by Newcastle, buy and player and weaken relegation 'rivals' into the bargain.

16 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Was saying to someone about a couple of months back they that won't finish near the top 4 and it was a false position. They were 4th but 3 points clears of Arsenal and had played 4 games more. Similar with Spurs and Man Utd, only a few more points clear and had played more games. They were always going to end up 7th or 8th.

Yes they’ve not been able to keep the momentum going which is a bit of a surprise as I think of their players as scrappers and people with something to prove without any obvious egos ( apart from Rice). I’m a bit jealous of them as they were looking very strong and in line for top 4 and much better than us despite us having superior players  in just about every position in the team 

37 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Yes they’ve not been able to keep the momentum going which is a bit of a surprise as I think of their players as scrappers and people with something to prove without any obvious egos ( apart from Rice). I’m a bit jealous of them as they were looking very strong and in line for top 4 and much better than us despite us having superior players  in just about every position in the team 

Antonio's goals have dried up too. Worst thing that could happen to them was him going on that scoring run at the end of last season, I think it changed their mind about signing a striker. Antonio is fine, but he's not good enough to lead the line for a club chasing European football, especially Champions League.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

Can the turd that is Everton actually be flushed?  Where is Deli Ali? If you cannot make Everton’s first 11, you are destined for League 1??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Brighton get these terrible runs every season and potter seems powerless to do much . They are fortunate they got some good results early in the season -

incredible that we coughed up 4 points to them

VAR got them three points at the AMEX

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Maybe I'm a salty bitch but I get deep enjoyment from watching Grey be prettily ineffective for another premier league team.

Keep up the lack of end product Demari!

More than a few on FT were slating BR/ the club for letting him go . Once his 4/5 game hot streak with Everton ended the clamour died down :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Asha said:

Please let Burnley beat Everton on Wednesday to make it interesting. 

Burnley is a shit hole town and shit hole club which makes me want them to stay up. The PL needs such teams. Would be beautiful if they survive at Everton's expense. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

More than a few on FT were slating BR/ the club for letting him go . Once his 4/5 game hot streak with Everton ended the clamour died down :D

Even if Gray had been more of a success for Everton it was still the right decision to sell. He wasn't the player we had high hopes for.

Just now, bovril said:

Burnley is a shit hole town and shit hole club which makes me want them to stay up. The PL needs such teams. Would be beautiful if they survive at Everton's expense. 

Absolutely, and it all hinges on that game. Everton win that and it’s all over and we know the 3 relegated teams

A Burnley win closes the gap to 1 point, brings Watford into play too and makes it a real scrap to the end. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Asha said:

Absolutely, and it all hinges on that game. Everton win that and it’s all over and we know the 3 relegated teams

A Burnley win closes the gap to 1 point, brings Watford into play too and makes it a real scrap to the end. 

Got to play both too.

At home though .

Have to beat Leeds and Brentford first which is tough .