Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Dave Jones in the Sky Sports studio calling it an "enthralling season" - Man City and Liverpool running away with it again and top 4 likely to be traditional big 6 sides and 2 out of the 3 teams promoted likely relegated?

An enthralling season, really?

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Dave Jones in the studio calling it an "enthralling season" - Man City and Liverpool running away with it again and top 4 likely to be traditional big 6 sides and 2 out of the 3 teams promoted likely relegated?

An enthralling season, really?

Propaganda...

1 minute ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Can't decide if Tottenham are looking worryingly good or Newcastle predictably awful?

They have always had two genuinely world class players and now some of the lesser lights are getting their arses in gear. They are looking pretty solid but I still can't see them winning anything.

Newcastle have fallen into the trap of Brendan..... buying EPL proven players Chris Wood cost them 25m and Dan Burns 13m then you look at new players in the Spurs squad Kulusevski and Bentancur who are fresh to the Premiership thus playing outstanding.

New players playing abroad are excited to play while the proven EPl players seem Stale bored and can't be bothered

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

They have always had two genuinely world class players and now some of the lesser lights are getting their arses in gear. They are looking pretty solid but I still can't see them winning anything.

Well they can't this season, and they are bound to lose players next season.

How the new ownership handle an end of season slump from Newcastle will say a lot about how they’ll handle things long term. 

I imagine they’d be very wary of sacking Howe early because it sets an example for how the rest of their ownership might be, potentially putting other managers off. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AjcW said:

How the new ownership handle an end of season slump from Newcastle will say a lot about how they’ll handle things long term. 

I imagine they’d be very wary of sacking Howe early because it sets an example for how the rest of their ownership might be, potentially putting other managers off. 

Just sit back and enjoy watching the ride from afar. 

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Only I could have Kane as Captain of my FPL team, see spurs won 5-1 and he hasn't even got one of them. At least I had Doherty aswell though 

Same here. Luckily had Son too. I have an uncanny ability to constantly and consistently always pick the wrong captain. It’s quite impressive. 

Some big games remaining for the bottom 5/6

Burnley vs Everton
Watford vs Leeds
Norwich vs Burnley
Norwich vs Newcastle
Watford vs Burnley
Burnley vs Newcastle (last day)

We could have a big say in proceedings. We are still to play Newcastle, Everton x2, Norwich and Watford. 

Everton still have to play Arsenal, Liverpool, us x2, Chelsea and Brentford in their run in...