Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

On 24/07/2021 at 12:45, st albans fox said:

OGS signs new deal to 2024+1

The fact their fanbase seem happy to keep this going really does boggle my mind, particularly as their two main rivals sweep 90% of the trophies on offer.

I just don't get it. There's no way on earth they're the biggest club in the world anymore. They might've been once upon a time but they certainly don't act like it anymore. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich etc... not one of them would tolerate what Manchester United do. They could get Conte in a heartbeat if they got their act together. By all means, keep this going though.

If any club on earth could get hit with severe punishment i wish it were city. Absolute scum of the earth the lot of them. Worst of the worst. And mr Pep js the biggest hypocrite in world football. Both on and off the pitch. Can't stand even the sight of him. 

Nothing might not happen with Man City but look at all this crap being spouted around about their dodgy business! And this is even with massive cover ups!

Its shocking that they’ll likely get away with everything! Does not make football or the Premier league look good at all.

You never know I might be surprised but I won’t hold my breath!

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Scary though. We bitch about the so called Big 6, which isn't a thing, apart from in Sky's mind. 

Brentford are sitting there like "Fvck Leicester, how can they afford to spend so much"

We're a big dog now lol

And we're thinking **** Aston villa how can they afford to spend so much. I heard a rumour that they're even offering grealish 200k pw to stay.

39 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

And we're thinking **** Aston villa how can they afford to spend so much. I heard a rumour that they're even offering grealish 200k pw to stay.

Could be worth it in Villa’s case though. Their best player by a mile. They’ll likely make up the difference in other forms of income by keeping Grealish.

21 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Could be worth it in Villa’s case though. Their best player by a mile. They’ll likely make up the difference in other forms of income by keeping Grealish.

I heard from a Villa fan, when Grealish is on the pitch their entire team up's their game and once he got a sub subbed for underperforming.  A player with that influence is worth going all out for them to keep.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I heard from a Villa fan, when Grealish is on the pitch their entire team up's their game and once he got a sub subbed for underperforming.  A player with that influence is worth going all out for them to keep.

The Grealish situation is a really interesting one. I spoke with someone this weekend who would know exactly what's going on. As it's not leicester related I'm not arsed about sharing and it's not sensitive.

Villa got him to sign the contract last year by inserting a release clause. He wanted 200k a week they didn't want to pay that so basically said do us an extra year and we'll let you go but for 90m plus. Man utd wouldn't pay 70m for him last summer as they prioritised sancho.

His agent (same as Chilwell) is mad keen for him to go. Villa are going to offer him a new contract up to about 170/180 but that's their absolute limit and if they do that don't expect too much further transfer business. Possibly one player.

Grealish isn't sure, he said he'd make a decision after his holidays - which is now.

Man City will pay the release clause but waiting for his final decision. He was keen in the last few months if the season but his time with England seems to have made him think twice. He doesn't want to sit on the bench. Not sure he will though. Worth also saying man City will pay him 250k plus so thats not an issue.

Feels very similar to the arsenal vardy situation for me. Few 'itks' on reddit are saying it's done.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The Grealish situation is a really interesting one. I spoke with someone this weekend who would know exactly what's going on. As it's not leicester related I'm not arsed about sharing and it's not sensitive.

Villa got him to sign the contract last year by inserting a release clause. He wanted 200k a week they didn't want to pay that so basically said do us an extra year and we'll let you go but for 90m plus. Man utd wouldn't pay 70m for him last summer as they prioritised sancho.

His agent (same as Chilwell) is mad keen for him to go. Villa are going to offer him a new contract up to about 170/180 but that's their absolute limit and if they do that don't expect too much further transfer business. Possibly one player.

Grealish isn't sure, he said he'd make a decision after his holidays - which is now.

Man City will pay the release clause but waiting for his final decision. He was keen in the last few months if the season but his time with England seems to have made him think twice. He doesn't want to sit on the bench. Not sure he will though. Worth also saying man City will pay him 250k plus so thats not an issue.

Feels very similar to the arsenal vardy situation for me. Few 'itks' on reddit are saying it's done.

They only just convinced him to sign that contract last year; since he was a long way down the road with a big PL club and then decided to stay. That's 100% definite.

I'd be surprised if he stays at Villa as certain things have been done which don't normally get formally done unless the player is moving. I would tell the full story, but its the same source as for my Leicester stuff, so don't want to share what those formal aspects are.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Man utd getting varane is very good business for them. Getting harder every year to catch the top 4.

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Man utd getting varane is very good business for them. Getting harder every year to catch the top 4.

I can see him and Maguire being excellent for each other. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Saw what Rooney had been up to yesterday so quit to focus on supporting Colleen.

Can imagine the Daily Mail party eating their popcorn proudly whilst seeing all of the clickbaits being generated to the article they've published about it..

Even if he was 'set up', he could've either said no or just walked away.

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Can imagine the Daily Mail party eating their popcorn proudly whilst seeing all of the clickbaits being generated to the article they've published about it..

Even if he was 'set up', he could've either said no or just walked away.

He was asleep no?

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Worryingly good signing. They've splashed some big cash again and have a seriously good starting 11. 

Poor coach but a very good team. 

47 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

There were also pictures of him in a nightclub kissing some young model on Sunday morning.

Carefully selected to make it look like they were kissing I'm sure. Mind you do 21 year olds even know who Rooney is?

Edited by Jon the Hat

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Even with Ole at the wheel they will be too strong to not get top 4 now. Main hope will be Liverpool fail to refresh their squad as players get burnt out and the likes of Salah and Mane drop off in form.

42 minutes ago, turlo said:

Even with Ole at the wheel they will be too strong to not get top 4 now. Main hope will be Liverpool fail to refresh their squad as players get burnt out and the likes of Salah and Mane drop off in form.

Which I doubt will happen. They had a dip in form last season and for those sorts of players, World Class players, it surely doesn't happen again.

Varane is going to Manchester United for just over £40m too? And he's only 28 still. Great signing.