Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

That looks to me like a slightly weird angle she is talking into his left ear. Too blurry to tell really.

Tbf I thought that. I saw that picture enlarged and it looks like you can see part of his mouth still. 

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

There were also pictures of him in a nightclub kissing some young model on Sunday morning.

Rooney? Young model? No chance. As what is usually the case, when you get her outside away from the dark and smoothing disco lights she turns out to be about 68.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Rooney? Young model? No chance. As what is usually the case, when you get her outside away from the dark and smoothing disco lights she turns out to be about 68.

Looks more likely to be true then, if she’s actually 68. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

That looks to me like a slightly weird angle she is talking into his left ear. Too blurry to tell really.

She isn't kissing him in that picture. It's an opportunist shot to make it look like he is. 

However, what the hell is he doing there anyway and in their hotel room later.

Very dodgy but doubt there will be any consequences for him again, and so he continues! 

34 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

She isn't kissing him in that picture. It's an opportunist shot to make it look like he is. 

However, what the hell is he doing there anyway and in their hotel room later.

Very dodgy but doubt there will be any consequences for him again, and so he continues! 

They were taken years ago 

5 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Varane will be a good signing, but 40m for a player with one year left on his contract is dreadful.

If Man Utd currently had the genuine pulling power that they used to have, they get him on a free next year. (Or they really needed him this season, but £40m is madness).

Had they brought in a top top manager, some of the respect they have lost comes back. Big players would want to sign for Manchester United. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

If Man Utd currently had the genuine pulling power that they used to have, they get him on a free next year. (Or they really needed him this season, but £40m is madness).

Had they brought in a top top manager, some of the respect they have lost comes back. Big players would want to sign for Manchester United. 

Rudkin gets Varane on a free plus change!

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

really?

I'm appalled at the lack of social distancing and no masks!!!

Clearly the sort of focused big brain manager a team like Derby deserve. I don't see the problem, he's celebrating beating the mighty Barrow down at the classy Chinawhite club and given that's probably the last win he'll see for the rest of the season before getting sacked by September, let him enjoy it. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The fact their fanbase seem happy to keep this going really does boggle my mind, particularly as their two main rivals sweep 90% of the trophies on offer.

I just don't get it. There's no way on earth they're the biggest club in the world anymore. They might've been once upon a time but they certainly don't act like it anymore. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich etc... not one of them would tolerate what Manchester United do. They could get Conte in a heartbeat if they got their act together. By all means, keep this going though.

You may think that I'm buying into the romantic shit that is banded about but I do think there is something to 'get' with Manchester United. I'm not suggesting for one minute that Conte isn't a better manager than OGS because he clearly is but he's just not a Man United manager. He's not renowned for promoting academy players and he's a manager that is quite pragmatic (I won't brand him as just a defensive manager because that's probably unfair). I'm not just romanticising Man United, I feel a similar way about us to an extent. Like before we got Rodgers a lot of our fans were pining for Benitez despite that it seemed obvious that the club wanted a first team with a more technical playing style as well as wanting to utilise the academy. His past suggests that he's not that type of manager and I'd rather we stick with the plan if that's what the club are trying to achieve. 

3 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I agree, however ollie has done better than most thought or expected and is probably doing enough to not warrant the sack. Yet you get the feeling that he will always fall just short.

9 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Man utd getting varane is very good business for them. Getting harder every year to catch the top 4.

Yep, think that's an annoyingly good signing by them. Think even despite Solskjaer they're going to be extremely hard to finish above.

I think this season might be where it hits us that bit more that we missed out. I think we could feasibly improve again and finish 5th again. The ladder keeps being pulled that bit further up.

Then again I think I say this every year and you often get someone surprisingly poor in the mix.

50 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep, think that's an annoyingly good signing by them. Think even despite Solskjaer they're going to be extremely hard to finish above.

I think this season might be where it hits us that bit more that we missed out. I think we could feasibly improve again and finish 5th again. The ladder keeps being pulled that bit further up.

Then again I think I say this every year and you often get someone surprisingly poor in the mix.

You're right, nothing is guaranteed. OGS will always have the cloud of doubt over him until he wins a bunch of stuff. Like last season it'll only take a couple of loses and questions will be asked and with it pressure. Chelsea are always a few loses away from losing their manager. Klopp showed big kinks in his armor last season. I genuinely think we can finish top four if we can get a good last quarter of the season. Money makes the PL a multi-tiered league (no matter how much pundits want to ignore it) so finishing 5th though with a cup run is genuinely excellent for us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Same as Wembley, negative test 48 hours before also sufficient 

11 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Same as Wembley, negative test 48 hours before also sufficient 

Yeah sufficient for now so the test system can be checked but if the ruling passes then it won’t be from October 1st 

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Yeah sufficient for now so the test system can be checked but if the ruling passes then it won’t be from October 1st 

If the double jab rules does come into force, unless they make you take your proof of vaccine to the ticket office to add to your season ticket card I can’t see how they can realistically control / check everything? 
Will it be a case of just flashing the app to stewards on entry? 
Where would you be expected to scan the app? Scanning the app then season ticket card would double the already long que times!