Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Arsenal are gonna bottle top 4, it's gonna be Spurs or United.

I personally think it'll be Spurs.

You'd reckon it would be Tottenham but they too have the ability to chuck in a crap result against a mediocre team.

Man United don't seem remotely arsed about top four currently.

Just now, Corky said:

You'd reckon it would be Tottenham but they too have the ability to chuck in a crap result against a mediocre team.

Man United don't seem remotely arsed about top four currently.

Usually I'd agree but think Conte will see them through, Bentancur and Kulusevski have been inspired signings, and they've got goals and assists in Kane and Son.

Watch Villa beat them later on nowlol

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Arsenal are gonna bottle top 4, it's gonna be Spurs or United.

I personally think it'll be Spurs.

Really annoying if Spurs get it was hoping Arsenal would on to it just to watch the meltdown when everyone leaves 

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
17 minutes ago, Corky said:

What a listless near decade for Man United. Two minor (in their view) domestic cups, no title challenge, no serious go in the Champions League.

They were so bad today. You never felt they'd equalise at any point against a team in woeful form. A fortunate draw last week versus a side more interested in another match.

The reality is they were best under Mourinho

And they weren’t very good under him?

He got Pogba, Shaw etc bang on though

Verminous 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What a joke it is.

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I’m really not convinced that Arsenal goal is offside 

Offside is not a clear and obvious call. It’s supposed to be factual. The issue with that arsenal goal is that they can’t easily find an angle  where the brighton defenders foot is positioned. . I suspect that they have a secondary system for this eventuality where they use two views and the system superimposes one on top of the other. This likely takes longer to sort out - hence the delay. Of course I’m guessing ….

id rather they took the additional time and got the call correct rather than award the goal and then sky use their clever techniques to show later that it was six inches offside ! 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Offside is not a clear and obvious call. It’s supposed to be factual. The issue with that arsenal goal is that they can’t easily find an angle  where the brighton defenders foot is positioned. . I suspect that they have a secondary system for this eventuality where they use two views and the system superimposes one on top of the other. This likely takes longer to sort out - hence the delay. Of course I’m guessing ….

id rather they took the additional time and got the call correct rather than award the goal and then sky use their clever techniques to show later that it was six inches offside ! 

I was not talking about the decision, I was referring to the time it took. Absolute joke.

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We all know that’s the reason for the delay and that offside is supposed to be a black and white decision. 😂 

Even if those bumbling fools had a decade to look at every possible detail related to a tight offside call, they’ll still get the decisions wrong. 

The technology isn’t there for such precise rules re: offside but those fools will continue making a mess of these high-stakes situations. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Are we still wishing we showed as much fight as Southampton and that Hassenhuttel was our manager or was that just yet another hot take in this thread where our fans wish we were any other club other than us?

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Are we still wishing we showed as much fight as Southampton and that Hassenhuttel was our manager or was that just yet another hot take in this thread where our fans wish we were any other club other than us?

9-goal losses are tradition for Southampton now— this a requirement to stay in the Southampton job, you can’t blame Ralph. 

• Haha 2