Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, adejo92 said:

Was bang out of order by Ronaldo and it actually looks like he hits the phone at some force.

The bigger insult, Is that as an apology,  he's offered the EVERTON fan a ticket to watch MANCHESTER UNITED at Old Trafford. lol

On the flip side, the kids mum is milking it for all its worth. Making out as if her son has been battered and is now too scared to go to a football match. Scrounging for some money as an apology it would seem.

100% your section in bold.

Things like this seem to be more about how much they can get out of people or how much they can knock a person rather than making her the son or daughter in question is ok.

Bit like how the Carragher spiting incident was all about shaming Carragher, the guy in the video didnt give a shit about the wellbeing of his own daughter it seemed.

Ronaldo and Carragher were both out of order but the reaction from family members of the kids in question is just sad but sadly the world we live in today.

• Like 2

Hopefully a lesson for fans to stop jamming their phones into players faces, while we're at it, if someone could Cantona the next kid (and parent that allowed it) that holds up a "can i have your shirt sign". We'll be looking in good shape for the 22/23 season.

• Like 4

With Eriksen changing Brentford and available on a free in the summer, I know Spurs are linked to him but I wonder if Man City or Liverpoop might take him as a free, no risk squad player for next season?

Edited by Nalis

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

With Eriksen changing Brentford and available on a free in the summer, I know Spurs are linked to him but I wonder if Man City or Liverpoop might take him as a free, no risk squad player for next season?

Oozes class and is clearly a level above Brentford, but could we accommodate Maddison and him in the same team?  

3 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Oozes class and is clearly a level above Brentford, but could we accommodate Maddison and him in the same team?  

Erikson was five years ago one of the worlds best attacking midfielder so it is no surprise he is still a high quality player. He behaved very badly towards the end with Spurs and the fans were rightly annoyed. His unfortunate health problem though seems to have motivated him to give it one last go despite the risk. Spurs may well take him back on a short term and probably highly paid contract and the fans would accept that I think.

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If I were him, having been through what he has, I think I'd just want to play. Not sure I'd want to waste what's left of my career fvcking around being a squad player. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

If I were him, having been through what he has, I think I'd just want to play. Not sure I'd want to waste what's left of my career fvcking around being a squad player. 

Guess it depends on his own motivations and whether thats silverware, game time or both. 

56 minutes ago, Nalis said:

He’s never been much of a runner, especially now. Both of those would rather opt for more physically capable midfielders

• Like 3

Anyone else get really annoyed when a commentator says a goal is a 'great strike' even though it takes a big deflection? Basically where too much credit is given and it wouldn't actually be even perhaps going on target if it wasn't for the deflection?

Jonathan Pearce did it for the Odegaard goal against Brighton. Says it was the above. It wasn't. It hit the defender and looped in. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

If we sell Youri and or Maddison for big money he'd be an excellent replacement. Proven quality with a real eye for goal also.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

100% your section in bold.

Things like this seem to be more about how much they can get out of people or how much they can knock a person rather than making her the son or daughter in question is ok.

Bit like how the Carragher spiting incident was all about shaming Carragher, the guy in the video didnt give a shit about the wellbeing of his own daughter it seemed.

Ronaldo and Carragher were both out of order but the reaction from family members of the kids in question is just sad but sadly the world we live in today.

Having a phone knocked out of your hand and being spat at in your face are miles apart. Obviously Ronaldo has been accused of some pretty grim stuff but for things on film the 2 incidents aren't comparative. I'll be muting it when carragher is on later as I always do because the man is absolute scum who every time I see I think how the hell did you keep your job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hales said:

The Man City, Liverpool love in is everywhere in the media and TV today. There are no other matches today.......... 😆🤣🙄

Some scouse  d**khead on 5 live patiently explaining how this is the biggest game in the world between two of the best sides  there’s ever been 

12 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Some scouse  d**khead on 5 live patiently explaining how this is the biggest game in the world between two of the best sides  there’s ever been 

Probably is the biggest game in the world this weekend to be fair...