Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Quite doubt that Man Utd won't be a force to be reckoned with for a long while.

There's a lot that needs changing at such an iconic club, slowly.

Think Ronaldo's presence has actually made them backwards..

West Ham are 11 ahead, with 18 points to play for but we have 27 to play for. WH won 47% of their games and drew 18%. We've won 39% and drawn 24%.

Rough numbers mean they win 3/ draw 1, where we win 4/ draw 2. By my estimate that should put final standings -

West Ham - 61 pts

LCFC - 54

That puts 7 points in it, if we JUST follow all season trends. However, we know that form, confidence and injuries play a big part. 

I wouldn't say it means be confident but, there is definitely an outside chance we could sneak 7th.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fox_up_north said:

West Ham are 11 ahead, with 18 points to play for but we have 27 to play for. WH won 47% of their games and drew 18%. We've won 39% and drawn 24%.

Rough numbers mean they win 3/ draw 1, where we win 4/ draw 2. By my estimate that should put final standings -

West Ham - 61 pts

LCFC - 54

That puts 7 points in it, if we JUST follow all season trends. However, we know that form, confidence and injuries play a big part. 

I wouldn't say it means be confident but, there is definitely an outside chance we could sneak 7th.

Quite interesting they had a belting early part of the season while ours was shit. Both in a Euro quarter final and now we’re picking up momentum. Could the slow and steadies win the race? Maybe 

13 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

West Ham - 61 pts

LCFC - 54

Would be nice to have a strong finish to the season for a change. 

On 10/04/2022 at 02:07, don_danbury said:

wot drugs are you on?

Oh so you wait till now to reply to this post when the results have swung? Got it,Rodgers has recently changed his methods which along with getting players back as just about yielded results, but there’s still many games like PSV where we don’t create. Jury’s still out I’m not fickle so don’t change my mind every 2 seconds. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Jesse Marsch seems a likeable guy. Had to put up with a lot of anti-American shit.

What you see is what you get with Marsch - very genuine guy.  Already had a big hand in developing a lot of young talent who went on to big things.  If Leeds invests significantly in the offseason he could have them sniffing at the gates of a Europa place, which would absolutely drive the haters nuts.

• Like 1

That draw against West Ham is annoying now. Win that and we'd actually have an outside bet of Europe.

It's just too big a gap I think and I cannot see us winning that many games, especially if we're making 7 changes for league games (which I fully supported).

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That draw against West Ham is annoying now. Win that and we'd actually have an outside bet of Europe.

It's just too big a gap I think and I cannot see us winning that many games, especially if we're making 7 changes for league games (which I fully supported).

The draw against United is driving me nuts. The league officials gift them that point (robbing us of two) to keep them in the race for top 4, only for them to go and blow it the next game against Everton. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillippaT said:

I'm in the wild optimism camp, but... Oh, why not - COYB :scarf:

Lets be honest..even with a Top decent run, Wolves,Manutd,W.Ham,Arsenal/Spurs would ALL have to have catastrophical EOS  runs...

Finishing even 8th After how it has panned out, & the standing points difference would still be a massive achievement...

If we Advance further in these last few steps in Europe, and we see our Quality players  also return to near their best ,

then I assume, our own players,will want to put the shifts in,but they will all want inwardly a piece of the European action,

then inadvertently & not delibrately not quite push the Boat out for the League games...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

West Ham - 61 pts

LCFC - 54

4 hours ago, KFS said:

Quite interesting they had a belting early part of the season while ours was shit. Both in a Euro quarter final and now we’re picking up momentum. Could the slow and steadies win the race? Maybe 

But  its Not just about 1 team W.Ham...4-5 other Teams would have to fail big...& cos some will play each other, 1-3 will automatically  pick up points, Keeping us

just enough away & at arms length  !!

Nice to hold that dream, until it really becomes impossible..( Sort of mid-table..Great-Escape).

Rodgers should contact, Pearson,Huth & Cambiaso for a pow-wow..:trumpet:

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What you see is what you get with Marsch - very genuine guy.  Already had a big hand in developing a lot of young talent who went on to big things.  If Leeds invests significantly in the offseason he could have them sniffing at the gates of a Europa place, which would absolutely drive the haters nuts.

Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. He's done well at Leeds but for him to do what you claim he could do, he'd need to be better 4 of the current 8, Leicester and inevitably Newcastle.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Surely the same can be said for every club in the league? 
I don’t think he has too many haters, more people pointing out he hasn’t really done anything as a manager yet. 

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

Oh no, the over-persecuted American.

FOH

It was disrespectful. He said himself, he’s removing his Americanisms and is a good manager in his own right.

Instead our journos couldn’t wait to write him off and call him Ted Lasso. He’s handled it really well.

Edited by RonnieTodger

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

I still think they'll stay up but it's about 50/50 now.. Would be a shame we all want the ev down don't we

No...I like the Burnleys & Sean Dyches of football.

We need such diversities & characters...Not everybody can afford a Taxi or bus fare...

Some have to Take Shanksy's Pony & Keep the odd Kiwi around & not have them wandering off..

I Never wanted him at Leicester, as we started to move up a notch but in my Eyes hes done a Good job..

This forum aus become too entitled in the criticism of some Teams & managers,they have somehow forgot, that we used to be also hard sloggers...& Enjoyed

the idea of the league table tilting the other way...

3 hours ago, Sampson said:

Mate, calling for someone flavour of the month a couple of months ago like Potter or Hassenhutl to be manager when they’ve done nothing in their career to suggest they are anything but a step down on Rodgers is the absolute definition of being fickle.

Questioning Rodgers is one thing. People so desperate to get rid they were calling for the likes of Potter, Hassenhutl or even Cooper to replace him was always ludicrous overreaction though.

Ok again though why wasn’t this said at the time? You waiting for now to roll out that speel is fickle. Im not convinced by Rodgers and it’s my opinion you don’t have to shit your knickers Dude. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Ok again though why wasn’t this said at the time? You waiting for now to roll out that speel is fickle. Im not convinced by Rodgers and it’s my opinion you don’t have to shit your knickers Dude. 

I did say it at the time to several posters, many of us did. I live in Portsmouth and know several Saints fans, they all would’ve laughed at the idea that Hassenhutl was a better manager than Rodgers.

Edited by Sampson