Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

If you live in a world where football outside England doesn't exist, that would be true.

Impossible to overstate how delicious it is seeing the obvious discomfort even a little Marsch success in the Prem causes for a lot of fans, and how desperately they're hoping he falls on his face.  The proof of what kind of soccer coach he is will be in what happens on the field.  How many games can he win?  Right now he has a pretty limited roster - if Leeds gives him a better one over the summer, next season could be really interesting.

Have you actually got any evidence for this? Any quotes that prove what you’re saying?

Right now Marsch has been in charge for less than 10 games, so it’s impossible to say whether there is success or lack of success. There is also no real track record to speak of, outside winning trophies with the biggest and richest club in Austria for a couple of seasons.

The PL has players, managers and coaches from all around the world and each one of them will be judged on their results and performances, not where they come from. 
Marsch, may have more success with a better squad of players, but so would every manager in the world. When he came in this season his goal would have been to stop the rot and keep a free falling Leeds up. He appears to have done this with the wins against Watford and Norwich. To move this Leeds side now ahead of the big 6, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves and us, is a huge ask. Good luck to him, but remember he is managing one of the most disliked clubs in the Premier League, with fans who genuinely believe they are a big 6 club, so this will be the root of way more hate than his nationality.

5 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

I'd can't say that I've witnessed any anti-American sentiment towards Jesse Marsch. More anti-Leeds if you don't like them.

I have family roots in Leeds so I’m not entirely unbiased, but I’ve never understood why a lot of Leicester supporters seem to hate them so much.

28 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Openly displaying racism to Emile Heskey and Muzzy Izzet as a starter for ten 

That’s fair, but that wasn’t the only place that happened. Not that it excuses that sort of behavior of course.

6 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Openly displaying racism to Emile Heskey and Muzzy Izzet as a starter for ten 

Bob Hazell, adored by Leicester fans, wanted to leave because of home racism to opposition players.  It was foul.

6 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

That’s fair, but that wasn’t the only place that happened. Not that it excuses that sort of behavior of course.

They kept it up long after everyone else had stopped.

They're like the internet trolls of football fans, they get off on the idea that they're hated and have carved out an identity based on it. So I suppose a lot of it was about just trying to ruffle people's feathers just as much as out of genuine hatred. 

But then, given West Yorkshire has some of the worst race relations in the country with its Asian population, its pretty fair to say a lot of it was deliberate racism. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

fvcking Bielsa and his interpreter pissed me off way more than "soccer"

My particular detested commentator/experts phrase is "he's came on the pitch" fgs these people are paid actual real money to talk and really should save the boll*cks for their stupid biased comments not mackle the English language.

I believe this is an American thing like the meaningless and wrongly paraphrased "the proof is in the pudding"

Shearer is a serial offender! 🤣

Genuinely cannot say I’ve ever heard a commentator say “he’s came on the pitch”.

In what context is it even used? I don’t even understand it’s meaning (well I do in one context, but you know…. I would hope players aren’t doing that very often in front of 30,000 people).

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Dirty Leeds

I think a lot of the Leeds stuff comes from way back in the Hunter, Bremner, Giles, Charlton era, back then this lot were called "hard" mostly by their own fans, all clubs had the cloggers but Leeds seemed to take it to a different level.

Back then Eric could have performed his drop kick on the field of play with little consequence!

Leeds UFC...... hmmmm🤔

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

It was only Leeds and Everton that were still singing loudly. You're just a town full of P**ks well into the 90s .

Remember that when scouser's try to bang on about they are more inclusive than the rest of us 

I remember Forest, Milwall and Blackburn fans singing it at us within the last 20 years. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Genuinely cannot say I’ve ever heard a commentator say “he’s came on the pitch”.

In what context is it even used? I don’t even understand it’s meaning (well I do in one context, but you know…. I would hope players aren’t doing that very often in front of 30,000 people).

It's often" he's came on the pitch and made an instant impact" or "he's came on the pitch and then picked up a yellow immediately" you'll hear it now you're listening (or at least aware of it).... Sorry. 🤣

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

The cloest I've seen is Jens Lehman getting the old chap out

• Haha 1