Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Just seen Klopp has started moaning about fixtures again lol

Bore the fvck off man. 

Genuinely can’t wait for him to leave this league. He’s got what he wanted with the 5 subs so goes back to what he’s been complaining about for the last 7 years. 

Every season he moans and ends up getting the longest time between fixtures at Christmas. 

2 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Genuinely can’t wait for him to leave this league. He’s got what he wanted with the 5 subs so goes back to what he’s been complaining about for the last 7 years. 

Every season he moans and ends up getting the longest time between fixtures at Christmas. 

And for that exact reason is why he gets the longest time between games 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J. James said:

My particular detested commentator/experts phrase is "he's came on the pitch" fgs these people are paid actual real money to talk and really should save the boll*cks for their stupid biased comments not mackle the English language.

I believe this is an American thing like the meaningless and wrongly paraphrased "the proof is in the pudding"

Shearer is a serial offender! 🤣

Hear, hear, "the proof of the pudding IS IN THE EATING"

Similarly, that knob Jenas when presenting the world cup draw everytime when referring to pot H (aitch) sounding it as haitch. Why doesn't someone instruct these illiterate morons. It makes me cringe!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

Similarly, that knob Jenas when presenting the world cup draw everytime when referring to pot H (aitch) sounding it as haitch. Why doesn't someone instruct these illiterate morons. It makes me cringe!

That's not being illiterate, it's his accent. Nobody should change their accent just because they present tv or radio.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

That's not being illiterate, it's his accent. Nobody should change their accent just because they present tv or radio.

Pronouncing the ‘h’ in aitch is not an accent …… there are plenty of people all over the world that do that. And they are also wrong ….

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Pronouncing the ‘h’ in aitch is not an accent …… there are plenty of people all over the world that do that. And they are also wrong ….

So do not pronounce the 'h' in 'aitch'? 

I agree but I thought that's what OP was moaning about.

53 minutes ago, Lutterworth Fox said:

The H one is such a bizarre reason to get wound up hahaha

• Like 3

Fernandinho announced hes leaving at the end of the season in press conference and  Pep didnt know anything about it  when he was asked about it 😂

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

No, its the opposite its just him trying to speak proper posh cos he's on with genuine stars,  Gary manages to keep his accent AND use all the right words in the right order!

God bless Gary 😇

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Fernandinho announced hes leaving at the end of the season in press conference and  Pep didnt know anything about it  when he was asked about it 😂

Hmmmm.... Pep and my ex wife have something in common then 🤣🤣

Edited by J. James
  • Haha 4

I said it ages ago on here, it's all a bargaining chip for Klopp and the spineless Premier League caved in as totally expected. He'll never be satisfied because he's not meant to be. He's all about the marginal gains and the league handed the bigger clubs another one. Total disgrace.

7 hours ago, bmt said:

The H one is such a bizarre reason to get wound up hahaha

I dont like the misuse of apostrophies,

That said, Cant find mine on this keyboard which is why I modified my user name from hes not bald.

• Haha 1

The 5 subs thing is what it is. Even more reason for the greedy six to spunk money up the wall on players they’ll hoard. I’d like to have seen some ruling on homegrown players within but oh well! 

Leeds has a historical reputation, formed under Don Revie. The Woodgate / Bowyer situation re-ignited it to a degree but they’re hardly playing ugly, on the edge football. The Bielsa lovin’ by Sky got annoying, other than that as a neutral the first season back in the league; I enjoyed watching them. I’ve not come across anyone that is getting annoyed with the word “soccer”. 

The sense of entitlement by Liverpool and to a degree Arsenal / Spurs are more annoying than Leeds. 

Chelsea could be a different team again when purchased from Abrahmovic. Man City / Newcastle will be the big spenders, however the leagues always had that. It happens in every form of life and when a plucky underdog beasts them, it makes a story like ours that bit sweeter. 

19 hours ago, Sampson said:

Genuinely cannot say I’ve ever heard a commentator say “he’s came on the pitch”.

In what context is it even used? I don’t even understand it’s meaning (well I do in one context, but you know…. I would hope players aren’t doing that very often in front of 30,000 people).

Perhaps it could be used as a variation on the "sin bin" punishment.

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Am I the only one not that bothered about 5 subs?

I’m not particularly bothered either.

Although, to make it more ‘appealing’ to the clubs against it, why not settle on 4 subs ? 
Is that too simple ? 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Bore the fvck off man. 

Didn't they just announce a pre season tour of somewhere like Australia or Asia that starts in like 2 months? A month after the season  ends? lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StanSP said:

Bore the fvck off man. 

To paraphrase Don Henley in the song "get over it" they seem to feel better when you give them some cash!

Moaning privileged  ****

Find that all the moaning about fixture congestion comes from the foreign coaches. They forget they come from a league where the leagues are small. Sometimes I do I think they need to respect and accept how things are done in the English setup. 

If they had there way it would be a 12 team league. With a winter break and probably be rid of the league cup and fa cup... honestly that would take away everything from our game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, He aint bald said:

I dont like the misuse of apostrophies,

That said, Cant find mine on this keyboard which is why I modified my user name from hes not bald.

I take it this is a joke and you’re aware ain’t has an apostrophe? 

On that note, and on (h)aitchgate….. I feel far to much emphasis is put on all that stuff. Some folk aren’t very good at spelling and some are. For many different reasons. Some folk, like myself, are also just very bad at concentrating and make silly mistakes when typing. I dunna give two fvcks if people make the odd mistake, seems a bit cruel to always point it out. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I take it this is a joke and you’re aware ain’t has an apostrophe? 

On that note, and on (h)aitchgate….. I feel far to much emphasis is put on all that stuff. Some folk aren’t very good at spelling and some are. For many different reasons. Some folk, like myself, are also just very bad at concentrating and make silly mistakes when typing. I dunna give two fvcks if people make the odd mistake, seems a bit cruel to always point it out. 

:nigel: :D

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Didn't they just announce a pre season tour of somewhere like Australia or Asia that starts in like 2 months? A month after the season  ends? lol

Yep tour in July, new season starts on August 6 will play up till Nov 12/13th,  WC starts November 21st (call ups 14th Nov) to December 18th just in time for a busy Xmas fixture list all the way till 28th May 23

On a side There will be a few players across most teams ready to retire come June 2023 after the 3yrs they would have just had but got nothing to do with injuries, apparently all injuries down to the 2/3 days inbetween when training