Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Can kinda see it from the owners pov. They've consistently fighting near the bottom, or bouncing between PL and Championship. Take the hit now, get a new face in, new ideas and inject some cash to start again from the Championship.

Where do we think he will end up?
Of all the current premiership teams only Watford will probably change managers as Roy surely going to retire especially if they go down.

Of the 3 clubs coming up i’d expect they will keep current managers, Fulham have Marco Silva, Bournemouth have Scott Parker then who ever gets PO surely keep their man.

So for me we’ll see him at either Watford, West Brom but good chance it will be Blackburn due to location or outside bet Boro

Just looking into those clubs just goes to show how much of a merry go round & stagnant the whole manager thing is

Watford Roy H

West Brom Steve Bruce

Blackburn Tony Mowbury

M’Boro Chris Wilder

Edited by BKLFox

They have a small budget, but they still have a higher wage bill than Watford, Norwich, Brentford and Leeds and have spent £40mil this year on Collins, Cornet, Roberts and Wegherst.

They've won 4 out of their last 30+ PL games.

He's been a great manager for them, but I don't think it's that outrageous a sacking. They aren't the poorest club in the league and I can't think of any other managers who would survive 4 wins in 30.

What an absurd knee jerk reaction.

Some city fans may not like him, but hes been a saviour for Burnley over the years.

A sort of low caste Pearson for them!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

The history that Dyche has at the club makes this decision seem surprising, but I’m always reluctant to turn around and decry a decision made by other teams. It’s always the default from pundits and fans when somebody gets sacked.

Burnley and their fans will know much better than us what they need to stay up. Look at our decision with Ranieri. It may be that all they’re hoping for is a new manager bounce to cling on to their PL status. You can’t blame them for having that hope 

Yep and they unanimously agree this being a horrific decision which resigns them to the Championship. 

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Where do we think he will end up?
Of all the current premiership teams only Watford will probably change managers as Roy surely going to retire especially if they go down.

Of the 3 clubs coming up i’d expect they will keep current managers, Fulham have Marco Silva, Bournemouth have Scott Parker then who ever gets PO surely keep their man.

So for me we’ll see him at either Watford, West Brom but good chance it will be Blackburn due to location or outside bet Boro

Just looking into those clubs just goes to show how much of a merry go round & stagnant the whole manager thing is

Watford Roy H

West Brom Steve Bruce

Blackburn Tony Mowbury

M’Boro Chris Wilder

Everton when Lampard gets sacked for finishing below Burnley :D

Guest Mee-9

That is ridiculous.

The blokes worked wonders at Burnley. 

Should have had the chance to give them a go at staying up, and also bringing them back. 

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

The day this club even considers Sean Dyche is the day I take a well deserved "break" from watching football. Sean Dyche doesn't belong at a top half PL club. Dyche hates football. 

Or maybe he choose a style that suits players he could get at Burnley to compete in the PL. iv seen them out play us a few times!

I don't blame Burnley for wanting to retain their premier league status I just query the timing- eight games doesn't seem enough time for the new manager

I hope at least they have someone lined up to come straight in. Don't they have a game in a couple of days?

Everton may survive relegation now due to the ineptitude of those below them. Argh

If Pace gets the replacement wrong then Burnley could go from being one of the most financially secure teams in England, to him gutting the place, leaving them in debt and languishing in the bottom two leagues lol

It's gonna be fascinating to see how it pans out.

Edited by filbertway
  • Like 1