Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

6 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Yep and they unanimously agree this being a horrific decision which resigns them to the Championship. 

They were going down under Dyche anyway. A team who’ve won 4 games out of 30 all season was never going to win 3 or 4 of their final 8 games. 

He’s been a great manager for them over the years, but Dyche’s record has been really poor this season and Burnley should have done better. They are on a budget sure, but they’re not the poorest club in the league either.

27 minutes ago, blabyboy said:

Can kinda see it from the owners pov. They've consistently fighting near the bottom, or bouncing between PL and Championship. Take the hit now, get a new face in, new ideas and inject some cash to start again from the Championship.

Like Swansea or Stoke? Once you go down not so easy to get back up.

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Dyche is the perfect manager for Everton but he's not sexy enough

What lampard and Benitez sexier? 😀. I think you are right he would be a good fit. Everton sides in the past have been brave and strong and always fight. 

Edited by Supergray22
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Like Swansea or Stoke? Once you go down not so easy to get back up.

There are negatives chances for sure, but they're going down anyway. It's business at the end of the day for the owner.

Just now, Supergray22 said:

What lampard and Benitez any better. I think you are right he would be a good fit. Everton sides in the past have been brave and strong and always fight. 

Everton fans are a weird bunch though, Dyche may not be the man to take them to where they want to go, but someone to lay a foundation to build on and make them a competent side I can't think of anyone better 

• Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

Never? 

We won 4 of our first 29, then won 7 of the last 9 in 2014/15.

Our performances were largely good, Burnley’s have been so poor.

All season we’ve heard “oh Burnley shouldn’t worry, Dyche will turn them around” when there’s been zero evidence of that turn around in either their results or performances. 

Dyche has been a great manager then over the years, but poor this season. He wasn’t keeping them up, this hasn’t “consigned them to relegation”, they already were consigned to relegation.

1 minute ago, blabyboy said:

There are negatives chances for sure, but they're going down anyway. It's business at the end of the day for the owner.

Nobody is better suited to getting them back up than Dyche tbh, and I think even he would've struggled. This sacking not only condemns them to the championship this season, I think it condemns them long term. I think with Dyche there as well, they'd have had a bigger chance of retaining some of the bigger names in that squad 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Our performances were largely good, Burnley’s have been so poor.

All season we’ve heard “oh Burnley shouldn’t worry, Dyche will turn them around” when there’s been zero evidence of that turn around in either their results or performances. 

Dyche has been a great manager then over the years, but poor this season. He wasn’t keeping them up, this hasn’t “consigned them to relegation”, they already were consigned to relegation.

That's by the by. You said never, but it's not never, because it does happen. We're not the only team to pull off a great escape and go on a late season run.

They don't even have to win that many, they could stay up with 2 wins and couple of draws if Everton don't pick up many points

Just now, blabyboy said:

Seems if they were going to make a real change it should have been last summer or this winter   This feels kneejerk and I'd be weary of the owners to invest in a plan. Could easily turn into financial boogiewoogie. As in use the club to write off debt. Who knows. Sad

Insane decision, must have been a bust up? I know many on here don’t like him and he has become a bit of a meme but he’s genuinely done wonders with Burnley and I can’t think of anyone better suited to keep them up. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

They were going down under Dyche anyway. A team who’ve won 4 games out of 30 all season was never going to win 3 or 4 of their final 8 games. 

He’s been a great manager for them over the years, but Dyche’s record has been really poor this season and Burnley should have done better. They are on a budget sure, but they’re not the poorest club in the league either.

Oh I'm not denying they were likely going down, I was just saying all the Burnley fans I know are furious with the owners and believe there is no hope now. 

I don’t blame them tbh. They just tread water every season. The style of play never improves. Are their fans just sposed to be eternally grateful for just staying up? Are they not allowed to strive to improve as a club? Even if he managed to keep them up this season they’d have gone down eventually with him anyway. A lot of the comments I’m reading from various places are just patronising tbh. Basically your never going to be better than this so keep him forever.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Sampson said:

You sure about your first paragraph?

I understand the rationale but the timing makes no sense, unless they are accepting relegation and are planning a clean break for next year. Appreciate that Burnley have always struggled but Dyche has built them in this image and it’s his team. Sadly it’s no coincidence that relegation seems more of a certainty under the new ownership.

I can't say I like the bloke as an opposing manager but have to respect what he's done with Burnley over the years. Hope he comes back but can totally see Burnley asset stripped and going the way of Blackpool now.

Edited by 21st Century Fox
  • Like 3

What seems bizarre in it all is that they’ve been together for so long. Been relegated and came back up and they choose now to part ways. Weird. 

• Like 3