Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

Absolutely shocking decision by Burnley which will condemn them to relegation and reduce their chances of a quick return. Unless they've got someone like Cooper lined up to give them a bounce I really don't see the point. Dyche whilst pragmatic has done an excellent job there and really had the rug pulled from under him when the board allowed Wood to insert a release clause without covenants preventing the sale to a direct rival. It's hard to replace your top scorer from the past couple of seasons when the board have no intention to invest and you're down near the bottom. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

That's nuts...

The chancers who now own the club have more debt to pay than even parachute payments can cover (given the operating losses they'd incur in the Championship).  This is either their Hail Mary to stay up ...

... or else Dyche getting out before they take the club straight into League One.  (per my prediction when they bought it).

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Raj said:

hes been a saviour for Burnley over the years.

A sort of low caste Pearson for them!

Why not go for the real thing then?

1128087945_NPonphone.JPG.69acadb39f4254f1805382b0da576981.JPG

His presser last week made it clear that Nige is well done with the ostriches running Bristol City, and with his players too.

He'd certainly have the opportunity to create his own squad at Burnley.  There will hardly be a warm body left.

edit: and that's new jobs for King, Simmons and James.  And probably Kevin in a year or two.

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ARTY_FOX said:

We of all fans shouldn't be moaning about a manager sacking at another club. We fell foul of the football World for making a necessary change. Burnley and their fans will know better than we do. 

I like the sentiment but these situations aren't remotely similar. Ranieri was sacked by owners who already had a lot of credit in the bank, didn't buy us to leech off the finances of premier League football. Ranieri was probably a 50/50 split amongst the fanbase at the time too so had the fans backing. I don't think I've heard of many Burnley fans demanding Dyche out in respect to this 

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I like the sentiment but these situations aren't remotely similar. Ranieri was sacked by owners who already had a lot of credit in the bank, didn't buy us to leech off the finances of premier League football. Ranieri was probably a 50/50 split amongst the fanbase at the time too so had the fans backing. I don't think I've heard of many Burnley fans demanding Dyche out in respect to this 

There has been alot more than you'd think that have wanted him out throughout this season. 

3 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

There has been alot more than you'd think that have wanted him out throughout this season. 

Looking at their forum now and the overwhelming opinion is their owners haven't got a clue lol. Seems to be theres some who wanted him out but also think the timing is moronic 

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Change of ownership last year has rocked what was seemingly a stable ship, Burnley have 10 players out of contract end of this season,

the new owners don’t seem to want to part with any considerate amount of money having only put down a £15 million payment and have brought Burnley with the funds already in Burnley’s bank account, a £60 million loan secured against Burnley and the promise of future TV payments and player sales, 

The new owners also deferred a recent payment that should have gone to the previous owners of the club as part of the agreement of buying the club 

That's the end then. It's called asset stripping here in the US. Dyche should take his buyout and run.