Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

I know Klopp was having a go at the congestion his side faces but I had no idea he has actually requested their game against Newcastle be moved?! They play them at Saturday 12.30pm on 30th April, a few days after their semi final 1st leg on Wednesday 27th.

Why does he get any preferential treatment there? Why does he think he's more important than any other club in similar situations? Notably us and West Ham who play on the Tuesday then play on the Sunday. 

I'd be livid if the PL/FA caved into his demands just because its him and Liverpool. They set a dangerous precedent if they do move it. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Looking at their forum now and the overwhelming opinion is their owners haven't got a clue lol. Seems to be theres some who wanted him out but also think the timing is moronic 

Heard quite a mix on talksport the other day. It suprised me to be honest. I thought they all loved him. But then again there's people in our fan base thay don't like Pearson. Which is equally if not more moronic. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I know Klopp was having a go at the congestion his side faces but I had no idea he has actually requested their game against Newcastle be moved?! They play them at Saturday 12.30pm on 30th April, a few days after their semi final 1st leg on Wednesday 27th.

Why does he get any preferential treatment there? Why does he think he's more important than any other club in similar situations? Notably us and West Ham who play on the Tuesday then play on the Sunday. 

I'd be livid if the PL/FA caved into his demands just because its him and Liverpool. They set a dangerous precedent if they do move it. 

They will cave. 

5 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf i guess the new owners or whatever there thought it was time for a change....

think there will be a mass exodus in the summer from there too, Pope, Tark, Mee, Cornet, McNeil, Mee to name a few i think

Dont forget Mee....Burnley? It's all Mee - Mee - Mee there

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

They won’t the comparison but they could end up like Blackburn after they left the premier league and visit league 1 again. 

God almighty the 2 Burnley fans l know would cut their throats rather then be like Blackburn in any respect!

Liverpool - Manure ain't even close! 🤣

There will be no lack of offers on Dyche's desk, and it may well be Everton when they sack Lampard this season or next.

With what the blokes had to work with over the years i reckon he's done bloody well for them and the fans love him for it.

• Like 3

Premier League’s longest-serving managers following Sean Dyche’s Burnley sacking

It’s no surprise that before his sacking, Dyche was the Premier League’s longest-serving manager. However, after his dismissal, there’s now a new name at the top of the list.

Jurgen Klopp is that man having held the Liverpool hotseat for six years, six months and seven days at the time of Dyche’s sacking.

Pep Guardiola is second after taking charge of Man City five years and nine months ago, while Brentford boss Thomas Frank is third on the list after succeeding Dean Smith with the Bees in October 2018.

Ralph Hasenhuttl, Brendan Rodgers and Graham Potter have all exceeded three years in charge of Southampton, Leicester ad Brighton respectively, while Mikel Arteta and David Moyes have both spent two years and three months at Arsenal and West Ham.

Thomas Tuchel is the only other boss to exceed a year in charge, while there are 10 bosses who are yet to hit their anniversary after taking charge within the last 12 months.

10 hours ago, Sampson said:

They have a small budget, but they still have a higher wage bill than Watford, Norwich, Brentford and Leeds and have spent £40mil this year on Collins, Cornet, Roberts and Wegherst.

They've won 4 out of their last 30+ PL games.

He's been a great manager for them, but I don't think it's that outrageous a sacking. They aren't the poorest club in the league and I can't think of any other managers who would survive 4 wins in 30.

It's the timing that's hard to understand, if they want to stay up rather than resigning themselves to relegation and a restart from the Championship.  Surely the primary objective of the owners of any Prem club is to remain in the Prem by any means possible.  Dyche has all the qualities to keep his team fighting and the experience to extract maximum performance from them and to hold their nerve.  It's surely too late to expect a completely fresh management team (it's not just Dyche, but also 3 of his team that have been sacked) to come in and turn it round for them in what remains of the season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, deep blue said:

It's the timing that's hard to understand, if they want to stay up rather than resigning themselves to relegation and a restart from the Championship.  Surely the primary objective of the owners of any Prem club is to remain in the Prem by any means possible.  Dyche has all the qualities to keep his team fighting and the experience to extract maximum performance from them and to hold their nerve.  It's surely too late to expect a completely fresh management team (it's not just Dyche, but also 3 of his team that have been sacked) to come in and turn it round for them in what remains of the season.

Potentially but Sunderland did a couple of times bringing in Advokaat and Di Canio with 8 games to go and stayed up.

Whereas Wolves replaced McCarthy with Terry Connor. Wasn’t necessarily wrong to sack McCarthy so late on to try and stay up, but they replaced him with someone who’d never managed before who was way out of his depth at Premier League level.

Ultimately its going to depend on who the replacement is. 

6 minutes ago, KFS said:

I dunno people I get the impression they may pull something off against West Ham on Sunday. Let’s see

i’m fuming. i put them into my accumulator as they were 5-1 and i fancied a whopping win… can’t see it now 

7 hours ago, KFS said:

I dunno people I get the impression they may pull something off against West Ham on Sunday. Let’s see

It's a thought t; a 'new manager bounce' of any kind, however short lived, may be enough.

16 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Thought the same. It's where he started coaching and closer to his gaff in Kettering (I'm 99% sure he still lives there) 

No chance unless the ownership changes.

They got rid of him the minute they came in.

And  cannot see Dyche wanting to work with a load of random players from all over the world thrown at him without any say in the transfers.

I think he even has said in the past the Pozzo model wasn't for him.

Mind you that was when he was settled in a job..

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

No chance unless the ownership changes.

They got rid of him the minute they came in.

And  cannot see Dyche wanting to work with a load of random players from all over the world thrown at him without any say in the transfers.

I think he even has said in the past the Pozzo model wasn't for him.

Mind you that was when he was settled in a job..

He’s had a lot to say about basically every club so I’m not sure the PL job offers will be flowing 

There's definitely more to the Burnley sacking, a disagreement or conflict between Dyche and the board. Timing makes no sense otherwise. I always felt he may leave at the end of the season, maybe they just thought get rid now and you never know what might happen. Not many managers will want to take on a job where relegation is a strong likelihood.