Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Straitjackets - Does Rodgers have the ability to remove them?

15 hours ago, Collymore said:

I'll get back to you on this after the final. I think going up against Tuchel is going to give us a real insight in just how cunning BR really is. 

Get outt of here..!!!

I mean ffs...Chelsea squad is far better than ours...you cant compare or then  Match them up,

with the Quality differences between the squads,

Plus Chelsea Millionaire squad, Never had to Face the Decimation of their squad High-Organe players over 85-90% of the season,

with Chronic-injuries where getting them back in the Team means they are anywhere up to Match-fit or Slip straight back into rythm...

I dont, cant understand what this Forum doesn't get, what this squad has achieved,

with the hard problems that has been put in Front of them..

Seems 90% of fans in here are gullable, and believe the crap dished incompetent competent pundits...

Gardiola, Klopp,Ole, with their Big squad lose 2-3 players und they go crying to mama...c

we have had 6-7 players  out of our side and Held Top 4

for 34 games....with those returnees ,just Facing too much too early...Those Big clubs can protect their players....

A club like Leicester just doesn't have the rescources to Keep our Quality players Away from the side...

If you believe, Soyu,Vardy,Ricardo,Maddison,Ndidi, just have the fans Click their fingers, and all Chronic injuries can be forgotten and pushed aside

Then you aint Followed profi-football over the years...& Watcher & seen how long players need

to refind their high-performing form again...!!i

I am Top frustrated..pssed-off with our losses to Newcastle,WHam...But our seasons struggle went back to defeats against Fulham,Leeds, Everton, which Shows how difficult it is for any manager to Set out mind-sets, character, routines & consistency,

when players are in & out of the squad...

Yes on paper we do have one of our best ever PL-squads...some of the best players in modern times

I have seen playing behind the foxes-badge...

but this season...they haven been available for majority of the season,and hardly played together longer than 4-5 Matches

without again 2-4 player on on the sidelines...

And its home-fans that usually know, see & understand their own clubs tribulations.... 

but no,!! Now the cynical, Blame,conveniency crowd have their own agendas..

Edited by fuchsntf

On 08/05/2021 at 08:34, Collymore said:

What I witnessed last night was extremely worrying.

We started the match looking like a team that had had it drilled into them to move the ball quickly. The issue was there didn't seem to be any more layers to the tactics other than that. Yes, each player passed the ball fairly sharply but it was almost as if they thought "this is what Rodgers wants so I'm just going to make sure I do it" from this we often would just play it an opposition player because that ball seemed like it had to be moved quickly no matter what....

In the second half I could hear Rodgers shouting "give and go" and he had a go at a player for not doing it, because when the ball went back to the defence he shouted it again almost pissed off with the players over near his dug out that hadn't tried to exploit the RW. In the next phase of play the ball again went over to near his technical area and a couple of players did an absolutely atrocious attempt at a give and go that was never really on as it was so crammed and we just pathetically lost possession (like we had done all game)

It seemed to me the players had shackles on last night,  they were perhaps playing in fear of pissing Rodgers off and losing their place in the final perhaps? Even subconsciously?? Who knows... 

It felt to me that any of us on here could have probably got a result last night by simply turning up and saying "bit out of my depth here lads, do you think you could just go out there and do a job for me please?" 

I just hope that Rodgers has the ability to calm things down and get them to relax and play a bit more freely, because what I witnessed last night wasn't a lack of effort or caring, it looked like they were playing in straitjackets.

To be fair, we lost to Steve Bruce's Newcastle, and that's all Bruce ever says to his players if you read the NUFC forums :P

41 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Get outt of here..!!!

I mean ffs...Chelsea squad is far better than ours...you cant compare or then  Match them up,

Plus Chelsea Millionaire squad, Never had to Face the Decimation of their squad High-Organe players over 85-90% of the season,

with Chronic-injuries where getting them back in the Team means they are anywhere up to Match-fit or Slip straight back into rythm...

I dont, cant understand what this Forum doesn't get, what this squad has achieved,

Seems 90% of fans in here are gullable, and believe the crap dished incompetent competent pundits...

Gardiola, Klopp,Ole, with their Big squad lose 2-3 players und they go crying to mama...c

for 34 games....with those returnees ,just Facing too much too early...Those Big clubs can protect their players....

A club like Leicester just doesn't have the rescources to Keep our Quality players Away from the side...

If you believe, Soyu,Vardy,Ricardo,Maddison,Ndidi, just have the fans Click their fingers, and all Chronic injuries can be forgotten and pushed aside

Then you aint Followed profi-football over the years...& Watcher & seen how long players need

I am Top frustrated..pssed-off with our losses to Newcastle,WHam...But our seasons struggle went back to defeats against Fulham,Leeds, Everton, which Shows how difficult it is for any manager to Set out mind-sets, character, routines & consistency,

Yes on paper we do have one of our best ever PL-squads...some of the best players in modern times

but this season...they haven been available for majority of the season,and hardly played together longer than 4-5 Matches

And its home-fans that usually know, see & understand their own clubs tribulations.... 

Just cannot read and understand your posts. Sure there is some good logic and reasoning there but it's like deciphering a riddle half the time.

14 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Just cannot read and understand your posts. Sure there is some good logic and reasoning there but it's like deciphering a riddle half the time.

It appears allthe excuses offered which have some substance only occur when we are at home . Regardless of injuries our away record if repeated at home would see us in the running to win it again .We have lost the same number  at home as WBA   which  cant be explained and incidentally some of our best performances  have 4 or 5 included who  are not first choice. 

37 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

The world still turns...if you Need the points you can have them...

Guest Col city fan
On 08/05/2021 at 10:19, Corky said:

He mentioned about the young players after the Fulham defeat. 

Half the team that day were over 30.

Is that true?!

If so:

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

On 08/05/2021 at 10:19, Corky said:

He mentioned about the young players after the Fulham defeat. 

Half the team that day were over 30.

Kasper, Fuchs, Vardy, Evans were.

Others were give or take a few days, 22, 19, 23, 19, 23, 23, 22, 23, 28, 26

7 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Get outt of here..!!!

You don't necessarily win every time when tactically sound so it's not about slaughtering Brendan if we don't lift the trophy. I just hope we're a bit more savvy than turning up playing "our own game" and sticking with it even when it's obvious the wheels are coming off. 

5 hours ago, Collymore said:

You don't necessarily win every time when tactically sound so it's not about slaughtering Brendan if we don't lift the trophy. I just hope we're a bit more savvy than turning up playing "our own game" and sticking with it even when it's obvious the wheels are coming off. 

Fair comment..:)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Babylon said:

Kasper, Fuchs, Vardy, Evans were.

Others were give or take a few days, 22, 19, 23, 19, 23, 23, 22, 23, 28, 26

Ok- nearly half.

Six players 26 or over isn't a young team, for me.